Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Feb 2017, 02:31 (Ref:3713085)   #1776
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
This is such a high-demand seat that even the likes of a well-funded Pither or Jacobson or Lebrocq didn't bother with it.
Well when your paying that much money you want a car that'll be able be in a competitive car people who are usually in seats in LDM are usually there to make there names known to push onto bigger and better drives
Old 19 Feb 2017, 04:15 (Ref:3713090)   #1777
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Well when your paying that much money you want a car that'll be able be in a competitive car people who are usually in seats in LDM are usually there to make there names known to push onto bigger and better drives
Bloody auto correct screwing up *car that'll be competitive
Old 19 Feb 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3713093)   #1778
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
This is such a high-demand seat that even the likes of a well-funded Pither or Jacobson or Lebrocq didn't bother with it.
are they well funded? Enough to run a full season?

or just enough to run a Super 2 season.

Pither ran without ice break in the 12 hour, is that relationship as strong as it once was
Old 19 Feb 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3713103)   #1779
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Great looking livery, but how in the world can I tell what number the car is given whats going on in the rear window, especially at speed....

....heading into the tenth season with no numbers on the doors, i'm guessing they are gone for good.....one wonders how long NASCAR will continue with that antiquated method?
Old 19 Feb 2017, 08:38 (Ref:3713106)   #1780
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Great looking livery, but how in the world can I tell what number the car is given whats going on in the rear window, especially at speed....

....heading into the tenth season with no numbers on the doors, i'm guessing they are gone for good.....one wonders how long NASCAR will continue with that antiquated method?
I guess you can look at the number on the front windscreen or the back window. or just know that it is the only preston hire car out there. Or wait until the car is side on and observe the number then

Numbers, in my opinion, are doors are relic from a time when there was no sponsorship
Old 19 Feb 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3713110)   #1781
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post

Numbers off doors are a good thing, they allow more sponsors. If someone cant see the number somewhere on the window then they aren't looking too hard, I could see all the numbers last year at the Surfers event
Old 19 Feb 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3713114)   #1782
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I guess you can look at the number on the front windscreen or the back window. or just know that it is the only preston hire car out there. Or wait until the car is side on and observe the number then

Numbers, in my opinion, are doors are relic from a time when there was no sponsorship
Yet arguably the most commercial savvy motorsport organisation maintains numbers big bright and bold on the doors and roof.

But just like time certain races, once the cat is out of the bag it ain't going back in.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3713117)   #1783
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Yet arguably the most commercial savvy motorsport organisation maintains numbers big bright and bold on the doors and roof.
Given what they have done with the championship last year and before, I am not really sure I'd be holding them up as a fantastic argument of how things should be done.

The only things we know for sure is that it is big, dumb and anti-competitive...
Old 19 Feb 2017, 10:03 (Ref:3713120)   #1784
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post

But just like time certain races, once the cat is out of the bag it ain't going back in.
F1 have neither doors or a roof. they have really small numbers that often cant be seen

But assuming you are talking NASCAR (and taking away they dont technically have doors) well they have stopped using carburetors 5 years ago and have and still only use a 4 speed. Refer to word relic.

There is absolutely no good reason to have a number on the door.

If we were to put the numbers back on the door, then the same people who complain about numbers not being on the side will complain about the colour , the font, the size, the lack of white background etc

Last edited by peckstar; 19 Feb 2017 at 10:10.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 21:13 (Ref:3713210)   #1785
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rick Kelly Launches Sengled Altima

A nice sized sign from Castrol... spreading their love around this season it seems
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Feb 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3713211)   #1786
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissal LOVES Super2

Is Mr T.Kelly virtually admitting he is looking to the Super2 program to provide input for the main game one?
Old 19 Feb 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3713217)   #1787
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
BJR Transporter...
Old 19 Feb 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3713221)   #1788
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

A nice sized sign from Castrol... spreading their love around this season it seems
There'd be some very empty cars without fuel/oil sponsors.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 22:47 (Ref:3713225)   #1789
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
"Good" to see Rick taking on the horrible colour clash that has afflicted the PRA cars for so long...
Old 20 Feb 2017, 02:27 (Ref:3713243)   #1790
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Has Repair Management always been on the Nissans?
Old 20 Feb 2017, 02:40 (Ref:3713245)   #1791
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Has Repair Management always been on the Nissans?
Not always, certainly not at launch last year. The brand made its way onto the cars during last year, perhaps coinciding with Mr Ingall's appointment as codriver aboard the Sengled Nissan

Pic from '16...

The brand is on Mr Caruso's and Ms De Silvestro's Nissans too...
Old 20 Feb 2017, 03:37 (Ref:3713248)   #1792
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Simona De Silvestro To Apply For CAMS SuperLicence Dispensation

Old 20 Feb 2017, 04:51 (Ref:3713250)   #1793
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How the f...?

Why wasn't this resolved earlier?
Old 20 Feb 2017, 06:43 (Ref:3713259)   #1794
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
How the f...?

Why wasn't this resolved earlier?
You might imagine having Mr Warburton in your corner would make this a no-brainer... but it's not done til it's done..

Wonder if Ms SdS is allowed to practice at Eastern Creek tomorrow? "
Old 20 Feb 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3713262)   #1795
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
You might imagine having Mr Warburton in your corner would make this a no-brainer... but it's not done til it's done..

Wonder if Ms SdS is allowed to practice at Eastern Creek tomorrow? "
I can't imagine lack of a local licence would prevent SdS from taking part in practice sessions (otherwise all international drivers would have the same problem if simply testing for a team) but stranger things have happened.

It raises the question of whether or not CAMS has structured the licence system correctly if a person with a good international background doesn't automatically fit the criteria. Between Indycar, Formula E, Formula Atlantic etc, Simona has done plenty to get her over the line if the process is structured correctly.
Old 20 Feb 2017, 06:58 (Ref:3713263)   #1796
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nissan seem to think so. Is Chahda allowed to?
Old 20 Feb 2017, 07:07 (Ref:3713265)   #1797
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I was of the impression that the licence was around fitting in with FIA.

Surely FIA rankings should count autmatically.

V8 drivers were automatically given gold level status at the start of 2016, so any Gold level status should come across
Old 20 Feb 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3713281)   #1798
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Anyone know who's in LDM #3 tommorow?
Old 20 Feb 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3713285)   #1799
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps it'll be shared between the numerous candidates, who've been fighting over the seat?
Old 20 Feb 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3713286)   #1800
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Perhaps it'll be shared between the numerous candidates, who've been fighting over the seat?
That's a good point maybe Andre might pop up later in the day whilst Aaren R and Matt C do the early morning shift