Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 May 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3730729)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dump The Dob

Story Here

80 emails from teams dobbing on others??

Far out!

Does it suggest a new solution is needed for Judges of Fact?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 May 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3730770)   #2
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
[url=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/motor-sport/v8-supercars/supercars-teams-warned-to-stop-dobbing-on-rivals-after-flurry-of-titfortat-tattletales/news-story/71570dd1b88ab0746c17e821c65c72f8]
Shouldn't need a new solution, just common sense.
If they introduce a new penalty like the pit entrance shemozzle at PI; then either ensure there is a physical judge of fact on the spot; or a not-for-TV camera that is monitored during the race; or better still, both.
I don't like dobbing, but it seems to be more prevalent in all forms of sport and society than in the past.
Old 3 May 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3730852)   #3
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder which team got the ball rolling and fired off the first email? Given #5 & #97 were right behind #17, you'd hope it wasn't PRA or 888...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 3 May 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3730855)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
all i want is consitancy. Accepted that it was clean slate this year. But 3 rounds in and im not getting consitency

Its time for a sin bin.

And i also like a NASCAR rule where you go tot he back of the field under safety car for penalties
Old 3 May 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3730859)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I wonder which team got the ball rolling and fired off the first email? Given #5 & #97 were right behind #17, you'd hope it wasn't PRA or 888...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
If the teams can see the rule infractions and report it, what system/process/procedure/people does Supercar need to put in place so these things are reported through official channels, not via whinging, hoping to disadvantage another's mistake?

Its spinning wheels in stops, unsafe releases, blend line infringements, kerb hopping, baulking... lots of stuff that shifts into the discretionary space, yetvwhen the teev picks it up, it gets acted upon
Old 3 May 2017, 22:00 (Ref:3730861)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
If the teams can see the rule infractions and report it, what system/process/procedure/people does Supercar need to put in place so these things are reported through official channels, not via whinging, hoping to disadvantage another's mistake?

Its spinning wheels in stops, unsafe releases, blend line infringements, kerb hopping, baulking... lots of stuff that shifts into the discretionary space, yetvwhen the teev picks it up, it gets acted upon
how many judge of facts would be needed to cover of every indiscretion.

TV provides evidence so that is all that is needed. bang penalty.

Its an advantage to the teams at the back of the grid, less likely to be picked up and thus get a good result
Old 3 May 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3730863)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
how many judge of facts would be needed to cover of every indiscretion.

TV provides evidence so that is all that is needed. bang penalty.

Its an advantage to the teams at the back of the grid, less likely to be picked up and thus get a good result
Put cameras in every garage...
Old 3 May 2017, 22:23 (Ref:3730867)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
how many and whereand at what Cost$.

Need both sides of the car, need an overhead camera. The infrastructure just isnt there

sometimes you just need a cone on an end of a line to fix things
Old 3 May 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3730870)   #9
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
There have been judges of fact in each garage for a very long time now.

It's not unusual for teams to question or protest other team actions, sounds like it reached epidemic proportions at PI - I expect due to the total SNAFU of how the pit lane entry penalties were handled.
Old 4 May 2017, 01:19 (Ref:3730879)   #10
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It probably requires a complete review of all of the sporting regulations to determine if they are really necessary to begin with.

And then those that are required need to be written in a clear and concise manner in order to be easily understood by the teams, officials and the fans.
Old 4 May 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3730890)   #11
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Story Here

80 emails from teams dobbing on others??

Far out!

Yep, an email address that cannot be replied to.

And, an if you dob in another team, then at the end of the race your cars video is gone over with a fine tooth comb to see if you are holier than thou.
Old 4 May 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3730944)   #12
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
all i want is consitancy. Accepted that it was clean slate this year. But 3 rounds in and im not getting consitency
Not getting or giving consistency either
Old 4 May 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3730962)   #13
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by birtek View Post
Not getting or giving consistency either

Were you expecting anything other than inconsistent inconsistencies from this poster ?
Old 4 May 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3730978)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Yep, an email address that cannot be replied to.

And, an if you dob in another team, then at the end of the race your cars video is gone over with a fine tooth comb to see if you are holier than thou.
Shouldn't they all be subject to that kind of scrutiny, all the time?
Old 4 May 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3730995)   #15
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that they are not gone over with a fine-tooth comb, as often as you'd think.

Hence why compliance penalties arise, covering several events. They just hammer teams for every event since the last thorough inspection.
Old 4 May 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3731020)   #16
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Need both sides of the car, need an overhead camera.
Gopro (or Sony action cam) feeding to race control via wifi? shouldn't cost more than $700 each.