Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Apr 2010, 03:25 (Ref:2675514)   #176
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that neither is a full 'c' yet.

L.P.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 03:46 (Ref:2675520)   #177
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You are correct. Highcroft is still 100% 'b'...
Old 19 Apr 2010, 03:56 (Ref:2675522)   #178
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My understanding is that it already has the under the skin bits and bobs!

L.P.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 08:18 (Ref:2675600)   #179
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the race this morning, it was still exciting despite knowing the outcome. Great work by PHR, I have a feeling that once the Aston is out of the picture they aren't going to have a lot of competition...

Great battle in GT2 as well, as with the prototypes the pitstops under the final caution were the pivotal moment in the race and the BMWs made the most of it -shame that they didn't appear to have the pace to make it a proper fight to the finish.

I was fairly happy with the coverage on Speed, it was frustrating for them to still be discussing something trivial at at least two of the restarts, but I guess as already mentioned you have to keep the sponsors and promoters happy. Anyone know what happened to the Drayson car at the end? I caught sight of it running at the end, but no explanation as to how it was damaged...
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2675779)   #180
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I can add more to the confusion and debate, does Highcroft have the 2011-development engine?

Chris
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:00 (Ref:2675900)   #181
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm settling all of this and calling it a Hondacura.

What a great race! There was some good racing this weekend, but once again the ALMS puts on the best show.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2675904)   #182
LagunaSnaka
Rookie

LagunaSnaka should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
That race was quite good, wasn't it? It just goes to show you, you only need two cars to have a race! Despite the low prototype count, they can still put on a great show. Why? Diversity among vehicles! And that's not to disregard the GT battle, though we didn't see a lot of it. Patrick Long made some ballsy moves and they paid off. A very fun race indeed. ALMS may not boast the grid it had in 2008 as far as the main classes of Le Mans racing go, but it still is an awesome series. They have a lot of good ideas for the future and you can't argue with the superb racing we saw in Long Beach. Come on, Aston, another round of ALMS won't hurt you...

The ending was thrilling for sure...but as a long time fan of the ALMS it all seemed a bit disjointed. The Challenge classes are still filler. The LMPCs should be able to get away from the GTs and not hold them up. Are we down to 6 LMPs now for Laguna?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2675909)   #183
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Love the avatar of your favorite racing VW!
No ..... foolish man . It is entered as a Porsche , raced as a Porsche and manufactured by Porsche , its a Porsche . Argue about that then .

So , is your avatar a Pratt & Miller then or a General Motor ?

Does it closely resemble a production Corvette chassis , as a 997 resembles a production Porsche chassis ?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2675910)   #184
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No need to make up my mind. I am not the one who is confused, I know exactly what it is. An HPD ARX-01c!

Love the avatar of your favorite racing VW!

L.P.
What does the HPD stand for , yaknow , just before the ARX-01c please Richard ?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2675917)   #185
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
What does the HPD stand for , yaknow , just before the ARX-01c please Richard ?
HPD stands for Honda Performance Development.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2675984)   #186
The Badger
Veteran

Thank you ..... I knew that . I just want Horndawg to say that , cuz he , for some strange reason doesnt like the Honda bit , I feel .
Old 19 Apr 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2676086)   #187
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Not an Acuronda?
Old 19 Apr 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2676098)   #188
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
Not an Acuronda?
A little off-topic! That name reminds me of that wonderful film Anaconda.

What's wrong with calling it a Honda? It can't be much worse then a car called Peugeot
Old 19 Apr 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2676144)   #189
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Well, if anyone doesn't like Highcroft (I'm a huge Highcroft fan so I fail to see that ), they could call it the HPV. Honda Performance Vehicle, because that really is what it is.[/humor fail]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSnaka View Post
The ending was thrilling for sure...but as a long time fan of the ALMS it all seemed a bit disjointed. The Challenge classes are still filler. The LMPCs should be able to get away from the GTs and not hold them up. Are we down to 6 LMPs now for Laguna?
Oh, I agree that there's a bit left to be desired from ALMS, but I think the series is on the right track and has set itself up nicely to survive a down year or two and recover soon. I'll take what I can get, and what I got was an exciting race, so no complaints even if the C classes don't really appeal to me and the grid's a bit small. You only need two cars to have a race, you know.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2676211)   #190
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Thank you ..... I knew that . I just want Horndawg to say that , cuz he , for some strange reason doesnt like the Honda bit , I feel .

Why? I do not call my truck a General Motors Corporation Sierra, its a GMC Sierra. So I will call the HPD an HPD! Not a Honda Performance Development. Just like I call a Porsche a Porsche, and not a VW. If the differentiation is to confusing for some....

L.P.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 04:06 (Ref:2676306)   #191
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why? I do not call my truck a General Motors Corporation Sierra, its a GMC Sierra.
That's because it is not a General Motors Corporation Sierra. GMC stands for GM Canada, which builds the GM trucks.
keke
Old 20 Apr 2010, 04:58 (Ref:2676311)   #192
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
While it might be semantics to some, HPD is not racing for Honda in sports cars now. Yes they're a subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co, but continuing the racing is their own deal, not Honda or Acura. Hence why its not called a Honda or Acura car anymore. Is it really so hard for some to understand?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2676312)   #193
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
That's because it is not a General Motors Corporation Sierra. GMC stands for GM Canada, which builds the GM trucks.
keke
Survey says?? NGHNGHNGHNGH!!

GMC is actually the logo for General Motors Truck Company. Here

L.P.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2676316)   #194
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke View Post
keke
Yea, that's not correct. It means the General Motors Truck Company
Old 20 Apr 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2676547)   #195
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
Watched the race this morning, it was still exciting despite knowing the outcome. Great work by PHR, I have a feeling that once the Aston is out of the picture they aren't going to have a lot of competition...

Great battle in GT2 as well, as with the prototypes the pitstops under the final caution were the pivotal moment in the race and the BMWs made the most of it -shame that they didn't appear to have the pace to make it a proper fight to the finish.

I was fairly happy with the coverage on Speed, it was frustrating for them to still be discussing something trivial at at least two of the restarts, but I guess as already mentioned you have to keep the sponsors and promoters happy. Anyone know what happened to the Drayson car at the end? I caught sight of it running at the end, but no explanation as to how it was damaged...
Yeah, it's Patron Highcroft's championship to lose this year. The Dyson may come on strong, and the Intersport Lola could run away from everyone on a course like Elkhart or even Mosport if it stays green and their car and pit stops don't implode.

Chris
Old 20 Apr 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2676629)   #196
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Hello, this is Karma calling. You've used up your 15 minutes of fame this race.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2676689)   #197
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been looking for info on the Drayson race but it is very short supply, DSC says very little apart from problems for them with a crowded pit lane and yet if I read the lap times correctly they were second quickest at 1:14.548 to the best 1:14.124. Having apparently got caught out by the qualifying hiatus if they had been able to show this speed a front row start would have been on perhaps.

Why so little info?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2676936)   #198
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
They had a mid-pack race so to speak?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2676962)   #199
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pretty good wallpapers from the LB race here.

http://www.speedtv.com/gallery/view/...=750&width=844

Couldn't tell from TV, but the Dyson team ran an "Arco" livery.

Hmmm...
I guess I should have studied Andy's spotters guide a little more in detail.

Last edited by HJJ; 20 Apr 2010 at 22:11.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2676969)   #200
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally View Post
They had a mid-pack race so to speak?
they also had some troubles in the pits - getting in and out of their box i believe. Also there was an incident with a Porsche, although I haven't heard which one.