Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 May 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3642182)   #1
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli World Challenge Rounds 8 & 9: CTMP (Mosport)

Another Pirelli World Challenge race week, this time at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, better known to all of us as Mosport.

The GT Classes are heading into their eighth and ninth rounds, with last year's double race winner Johnny O'Connell leading the driver's championship ahead of Cadillac Racing teammate Michael Cooper and K-Pax Racing's McLaren factory driver Alvaro Parente.
With EFFORT Racing on hiatus for the rest of the year, Patrick Long switches over to Wright Motorsports' new entry the #58 Porsche.

GTS rolls into rounds 7 & 8 with few major entry list changes, and the always entertaining TC classes finally make their return to the track for their third and fourth rounds.
Sprint-X makes it's debut with eight cars on the entry.

Schedule

Entry List

Live Stream

Live Timing and Scoring

Track Map

Weather (racecastweather.com)

Series Twitter Account
Old 17 May 2016, 13:10 (Ref:3642392)   #2
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only one Maserati in the GTS class
Old 17 May 2016, 23:01 (Ref:3642515)   #3
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I missed that, kinda surprised Jeff Courtney's Maserati isn't on the list.
Old 17 May 2016, 23:06 (Ref:3642516)   #4
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
I like the look of the Pfaff Motorsports Porsche GT Cup car. (In the background.) Very nice Castrol livery.
Quote:
K-PAX Racing ‏@KPAXracing May 16 Tonight we're classing it up in the Toronto area at a private event with @Pfaff_Auto!

Old 18 May 2016, 18:06 (Ref:3642691)   #5
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the Sunday. Spending my time between Turn 2 and 5.
Old 18 May 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3642705)   #6
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, me too on Sunday, with a friend. A couple of others will be there all weekend.

Don't know much about the Sprint-X format - is this the regular GT machinery - and if so, are they really doing two races in one day (Sprint-X in the morning, GT/GTA/whatever later in the afternoon)?
Old 18 May 2016, 19:24 (Ref:3642708)   #7
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I like the look of the Pfaff Motorsports Porsche GT Cup car. (In the background.) Very nice Castrol livery.
That is a great-looking car... they've used that livery for a number of years and it never disappoints!

Chris Green - Pentax ME F, Kiron 28-210mm
by Richard Wintle, on Flickr
Old 18 May 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3642714)   #8
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Yup, me too on Sunday, with a friend. A couple of others will be there all weekend.

Don't know much about the Sprint-X format - is this the regular GT machinery - and if so, are they really doing two races in one day (Sprint-X in the morning, GT/GTA/whatever later in the afternoon)?
GT3, GT4 and some single make are allowed, though only GT3 and GT4 cars have entered for CTMP. Some teams will take on the challenge of racing the same car with both Sprint X and the traditional PWC formats.
Old 18 May 2016, 23:42 (Ref:3642735)   #9
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
That is a great-looking car... they've used that livery for a number of years and it never disappoints!

Chris Green - Pentax ME F, Kiron 28-210mm
by Richard Wintle, on Flickr
Wow, the front of the car looks as good as the back. Great photo!
Old 19 May 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3642852)   #10
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
GT3, GT4 and some single make are allowed, though only GT3 and GT4 cars have entered for CTMP. Some teams will take on the challenge of racing the same car with both Sprint X and the traditional PWC formats.
Thanks.
Old 19 May 2016, 11:44 (Ref:3642854)   #11
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Wow, the front of the car looks as good as the back. Great photo!
And I thank you. Good old 35mm film in an old Pentax SLR with a motor winder, that I borrowed from my brother. Sadly the shutter mechanism is now kaput.
Old 19 May 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3642932)   #12
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
And I thank you. Good old 35mm film in an old Pentax SLR with a motor winder, that I borrowed from my brother. Sadly the shutter mechanism is now kaput.
The first proper camera I learned to use was an old Pentax K1000 that my Dad let me borrow. Fully manual settings and a mechanical shutter.
It looks like Mosport offers some great photo opportunities. It's definitely near the top of my list of great tracks to visit some day.
Old 19 May 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3642943)   #13
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are packing up the car now to head across the border for a massive weekend of REAL RACECARS.

I'm hearing Sprint X doesn't have too many entries, but we will be wowed by the quality.
Old 19 May 2016, 19:00 (Ref:3642965)   #14
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezPutz View Post
We are packing up the car now to head across the border for a massive weekend of REAL RACECARS.
Should be a great weekend for racing. I gotta say, I'm incredibly jealous of all you fans that are able to attend. I've still got more than a month to wait until the Road America weekend.

Quote:
I'm hearing Sprint X doesn't have too many entries, but we will be wowed by the quality.
Yeah, the Sprint X thing seems kind of a dud so far, but the main GT/GTA/GTcup races should be epic! GTS and the TC races are always fun too, especially live in person.
Old 19 May 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3642994)   #15
David A Scott
Rookie

Canada
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
David A Scott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
The first proper camera I learned to use was an old Pentax K1000 that my Dad let me borrow. Fully manual settings and a mechanical shutter.
It looks like Mosport offers some great photo opportunities. It's definitely near the top of my list of great tracks to visit some day.
Another Pentaxian here! My first camera was a Program Plus. I now have a K20D. Nice solid camera. Not like the plasticy Nikon's and Canon's in the price range.
Old 20 May 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3643051)   #16
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
I guess I'm the odd man out, I started with an old Olympus OMG.
Been using an OM-1 to shoot color slides more recently, because my old OMGs both broke in '13.
And I've been borrowing a plasticky Nikon D40 to shoot digital for a while now.
Quote:
Can you still get 35mm developed in Canada? Wal-Mart still does it down here in the States, but they don't send the negatives back, and Walgreens developing is a bit pricey.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 20 May 2016 at 01:12.
Old 20 May 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3643056)   #17
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
K-Pax retweeted this today. I thought it was cool, so I'm posting it here.

Old 20 May 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3643297)   #18
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know the driver rankings for Sprint X? As per SCCA, it is Pro-Am but if you are a Platinum, you are only allowed to drive with a Bronze (no Platinum-Silver combos are allowed).

Pit window is 25-35 minutes and you can change one tire. Should be interesting to see the pit strategy play out for this race.

90 second minimum time from when you enter the pits (pass the transponder line) as to when you leave (pass the transponder line). If you go too fast (i.e. 89 sec) you have a drive through.

Top 4 in Sprint X GT qualified within 4.2 sec and top 3 in Sprint X GTS were 4.3 second spread. GMG did not qualify for Sprint X GT.
Old 20 May 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3643330)   #19
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Anyone know the driver rankings for Sprint X? As per SCCA, it is Pro-Am but if you are a Platinum, you are only allowed to drive with a Bronze (no Platinum-Silver combos are allowed).

Pit window is 25-35 minutes and you can change one tire. Should be interesting to see the pit strategy play out for this race.

90 second minimum time from when you enter the pits (pass the transponder line) as to when you leave (pass the transponder line). If you go too fast (i.e. 89 sec) you have a drive through.

Top 4 in Sprint X GT qualified within 4.2 sec and top 3 in Sprint X GTS were 4.3 second spread. GMG did not qualify for Sprint X GT.
It's hard to believe there's only eight cars doing this.
Old 20 May 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3643336)   #20
jjvincent
Racer

jjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjjvincent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wright Motorsports takes the pole in GT (Patrick Long) and GTA (John Schein). Good job!
Old 21 May 2016, 02:04 (Ref:3643364)   #21
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Wright Motorsports takes the pole in GT (Patrick Long) and GTA (Michael Schein). Good job!
A good job indeed. Very impressive form from the Wright team.
Old 21 May 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3643433)   #22
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Fun TC race 2. Four car battle for the TC class lead throughout virtually the entire race! Congratulations to Toby Grahovec and the Classic BMW Motorsports team. Great win!
Wittmers Accord was sure fun to watch. Crazy loose! Had to be a bit frustrating for the Mazdas, being so much quicker outright but losing out in the long straight. Overall a really enjoyable race. GTS up next.
Old 21 May 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3643462)   #23
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
So how about that GTS race. Total dominance from Aschenbach, the race for second on back was stellar and no cautions.
Can't wait for tomorrows race, looks like it's going to be tough to beat Sandberg and his Xbow.

next up GT!
Old 21 May 2016, 18:35 (Ref:3643484)   #24
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was the least exciting race I've ever seen occur at Mosport. Though I guess expectations based on track history are more to blame than anything.
Old 21 May 2016, 20:59 (Ref:3643507)   #25
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Yep, not a super exciting race. Pat Long back on the top step of the podium so quickly is a great story, but other than that... hoping for more movement through the field, different track conditions or something for tomorrow's race.