Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Apr 2000, 13:05 (Ref:2182)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For a Bathurst drive? Im still woried about this one...now this year we will have 50 cars, and we need a heap of decent drivers in those cars, but from where? (sorry, im still worried about it....)
okee dokee, well we know Bad Boy Morris has Matt Neal for the 1000, and Kevin Schwantz for the 500.
Here is a list of places where they should look-
1. Formula Holdens -the drivers are capable of handling quick cars all right.
2. Formula Ford -we've seent he best drivers make it easily, but are they really good enough?
3. Overseas -Europens always seem to go well, but Americans seem to have a bit of trouble (you can say Kendall and Pruett, but they didnt really set the world on fire)
4. Sport Sedans - You'll hear me fart on about these people a fair bit from now on because i am doing the National Sport Sedan web page (woo hoo) but guys like Riccardello are bloody qucik, they are used to fast v8 tin tops...some of them are still bloody good pedelers.
5. GTP ?
6. Porsches or STs?
Old 6 Apr 2000, 15:48 (Ref:2183)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
its difficult for the teams to find long distance drivers..but they are also looking at the V8 lites field as well because some of them can not afford to take their own cars to Bathurst..they should look everywhere they can find drivers I guess..im not to sure about the Formula ford guys though..sure some have done very well coming straight form there..but maybe they should look to faster cars for drivers..ricadello is a real talent and i believe sports sedans is a huge untapped resource for good drivers who have experience in high powered machines..I would like to see some overseas guys have a go to spice things up a bit so maybe we will se some show up ..i know im looking forward to seeing matt neal have a go in V8's.
Old 20 Nov 2009, 10:55 (Ref:2585676)   #3
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thought I would dig up the oldest thread I could see here...

Incidently it talks about things which could still be well valid today
Old 21 Nov 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2586181)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stop it!
Old 21 Nov 2009, 07:31 (Ref:2586228)   #5
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Just thought I would dig up the oldest thread I could see here...

Incidently it talks about things which could still be well valid today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
Stop it!
I can just here Quagmire: "heh heh. Allllright"

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.