Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Nov 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3472154)   #26
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
You've got access to more info than us Brian, as I can't find 2015 MGCC dates anywhere.....

Are you able to share?

The early information from MGCC was:-

Sunday March 29th Mallory [First day of Summer time]

Sat & Sun May 2nd & 3rd Brands Hatch Indy [Bank Holiday weekend]

Saturday May 30th Donington [with HSCC there on Sunday 31st]

Saturday & Sunday June 20th 21st Silverstone GP

Saturday 12th September Oulton International circuit

Saturday & Sunday 10th & 11th October Snetterton 200 [includes Relay on Sunday]

This was from the end of September, so lots could have happened since. It came with the normal 'provisional' health warning.

As you see, MGCC thought that HSCC would be at Donny on the Sunday. So maybe it's a battle over which day of the weekend the clubs occupy.
Old 6 Nov 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3472157)   #27
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
The early information from MGCC was:-

......Saturday May 30th Donington [with HSCC there on Sunday 31st]...

This was from the end of September, so lots could have happened since. It came with the normal 'provisional' health warning.

As you see, MGCC thought that HSCC would be at Donny on the Sunday. So maybe it's a battle over which day of the weekend the clubs occupy.
There was an entry on 10-Tenths a couple of weeks ago (from Dikko I think) which listed HSCC on the 31st - but he did say 'very provisional'. But on this thread there is mention of the 30th. Understandable that things are a bit 'moveable' at this stage I suppose.

Either way I hope that Donington have at last opened up and sorted out the in-field mud-heaps for spectators next year. Should be better if so.
Old 6 Nov 2014, 09:07 (Ref:3472161)   #28
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Chris Sharples should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brian is right with all his caveats. It really is very early to be speculating on everyone's calendar for 2015.

Let me explain the HSCC approach. The HSCC tries to be as open as possible with its members and targets to be one of the first clubs to formally publish a calendar. The target date for this is the Annual Awards Dinner which this year is November 29th. Normally there will be a calendar card in front of each place setting.

However most of our championships have drivers meetings at the HSCC Finals meeting (this year October 18) and for these there was a draft of the latest calendar status available. I guess Robert wasn't there.

Please be careful to watch out for the club's formal announcements because I can remember when Bernie has made changes which knocked on to cause calendar changes as late as January.

Chris Sharples
Old 6 Nov 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3472315)   #29
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chris, I was sitting directly in front of you at the HRS meeting. Maybe best to continue this and other conversations off-line
Old 6 Nov 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3472327)   #30
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Robert, That is worrying just when I am due my race medical.
Chris
Old 6 Nov 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3472328)   #31
Chris Sharples
Rookie

Tea in the Dunsfold Diner?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3472408)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
All very mysterious.....

Ignoring any particular club, surely the sooner all provisional or confirmed dates are in the public eye the better? Then any clashes can be attended to if possible, and racers (customers) can start to plan ahead. In an age where businesses big and small actually employ people to promote their services, forthcoming products or whatever on the Internet via "social media", I cannot see any point in trying to keep race meeting dates quiet. I appreciate the possibility of an F1 date change filtering down to club level, it happened to AMOC & HSCC (last year?) at Brands, but such circumstances are well out of club control!

The idea of starting this thread was so that (hopefully) all the 2015 historic calendars would finish up in one place so that I / we don't have to search all over the place to find them......

Old 7 Nov 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3472409)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Lord March has announced his, Bernies still shuffling as a consequence, and the rest will follow.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 07:15 (Ref:3472410)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Lord March has announced his, Bernies still shuffling as a consequence, and the rest will follow.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 08:35 (Ref:3472416)   #35
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
on a connected front I was at Goodwood yesterday for one of Robert Barrie (he of this parish) great track days. Preparations are afoot for the 73rd MM. Sack loads of dafs being planted and a pitlane full of pre 67 911 for their stand alone race. The noise of a grid of swb 911's at full chat shoudl be worth the entrance fee alone!!

other cars of note included a very nice ex Tony Lanfranchi Mathwell BMW 3.0s.

It might be 4 months away but I am starting to get excited already!!
Old 7 Nov 2014, 08:54 (Ref:3472421)   #36
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All very mysterious.....

Ignoring any particular club, surely the sooner all provisional or confirmed dates are in the public eye the better? Then any clashes can be attended to if possible, and racers (customers) can start to plan ahead. ......I cannot see any point in trying to keep race meeting dates quiet.

The idea of starting this thread was so that (hopefully) all the 2015 historic calendars would finish up in one place so that I / we don't have to search all over the place to find them......
I am sure that we all agree, Mike, but I do really think that changes are still being made on a daily basis, and there is horse trading still going on. Things will start to become clearer soon, I'm sure. I do remember that in the not too distant past dates did not really seem to come in to the open until the Autosport Show.

I know that the draft CSCC dates will be released at the AGM this sunday, so they must be fairly clear that things are sorted, and if they are, then the other clubs must be close, too.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 09:06 (Ref:3472426)   #37
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whilst it is nice to know the calender early doors so we can get excited about the next season during the dark winter months does it actually make much difference whether we know now or in January?

This is a hobby for all of us so we will do the dates that work and miss those that dont and preppers will build their calenders around their clients needs.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3472442)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In total contrast ALL major ADAC dates were released in -------------August! Pigeon-cat etc.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3472455)   #39
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you post a link please Terence? I want to check a couple of dates.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 11:44 (Ref:3472470)   #40
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
Whilst it is nice to know the calender early doors so we can get excited about the next season during the dark winter months does it actually make much difference whether we know now or in January?

This is a hobby for all of us so we will do the dates that work and miss those that dont and preppers will build their calenders around their clients needs.
I guess it matters to some, who may choose one series over another, depending on how they perceive the calendar/ circuits.
Old 7 Nov 2014, 12:37 (Ref:3472478)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Of course we all have different agendas and levels of 'need'. If the dates are all published we can at least make use of the info if required.

Terence, you're sounding a bit in the smug zone over there! How about joining in and providing some mainland Euro dates or links for us, please?
Old 7 Nov 2014, 17:11 (Ref:3472548)   #42
davspeed
Rookie

United Kingdom
north lincs
davspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I work shifts which means weekend work. We only have a small staff, one per shift and a few on days. Planning time off is a nightmare if meetings don't line up with my shift pattern, I have to twist a few arms for cover especially in school holidays. So for me the sooner dates are known the better.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 05:45 (Ref:3472719)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Of course we all have different agendas and levels of 'need'. If the dates are all published we can at least make use of the info if required.

Terence, you're sounding a bit in the smug zone over there! How about joining in and providing some mainland Euro dates or links for us, please?
Smug? Me? Never.lol only just found this thread again Mike.
Have a look on DMSB web site (havnt access to my monthly mag, a bit better than the MSA comic) sorry.
All of the major dates-even for Youngtimers etc have been published, I'll sort out the mag later today and check through some dates.
Old 8 Nov 2014, 09:41 (Ref:3472762)   #44
Alan Morgan
Veteran

All the downloads on the DMSB site that look as if they might be 2015 calendars say "Ist noch in Arbeit"
Old 9 Nov 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3473141)   #45
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
CSCC dates. 2015

26 March Snetterton test day

11/12 April Snetterton 300

9/10 May Silverstone National

30/31 May Brands Hatch Indy

26-28 June Spa Summer Classic

11/12 Jul Rockingham

1/2 Aug Mallory Park

5/6 Sept Donington Park National

26 Sept Oulton International

31 Oct/ 1 Nov Brands Hatch Indy (inc Night races)
Old 9 Nov 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3473186)   #46
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Nice one, Andy! Would like to try and make Spa Summer Classic for first time next year....

Old 9 Nov 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3473201)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
All the downloads on the DMSB site that look as if they might be 2015 calendars say "Ist noch in Arbeit"
I know there were some issues with the site itself, some of the lesser events have yet to sort themselves out.Im sure it wont take long though.
Old 9 Nov 2014, 19:05 (Ref:3473217)   #48
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Terry - One of the events I'm interested in is the "Spa Race Festival", usually held in July. Does your magazine give any idea as to when that might be?
Old 9 Nov 2014, 20:33 (Ref:3473237)   #49
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Dates clash!!!

Interesting to note that the HSCC and MGCC are both listing Donington Park on the 30th May.

Just demonstrates what "provisional" means.

I'm sure that it'll all become clearer well before Christmas.......

This now appears to be resolved with the the HSCC at Donington on 30th with the MGCC now due there on Sunday 31st May

Old 13 Nov 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3474343)   #50
simon drabble
Veteran

First flagged by Colin, Jaguar have announced a new series for pre66 Jaguars including Mk1 and 2's! 5 rounds - dates to be announced...