Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Best LMP2/LMP675 Manufacturer of the '00s?
Acura-ARX-01b 1 2.04%
Courage-C65/LC75 2 4.08%
Lola-lots & lots 10 20.41%
MG-EX257/EX264/EX265 11 22.45%
Pilbeam-MP84/MP91/MP93 0 0%
Porsche-RS Spyder 21 42.86%
Reynard-2KQ/01Q/02S 0 0%
Welter Racing-WR LMP 0 0%
Zytek-04S/06S/07S/GZ09S 4 8.16%
Other-Debora/Lucchini/Pescarolo 0 0%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 2009, 23:52 (Ref:2511307)   #1
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best LMP2/LMP675 Manufacturer of the '00s at Le Mans?

What do you think? Well esy choice for me, Porsche RS Spyder.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2511422)   #2
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I'll go for the RS Spyder too . It was built within the rules and really took the ball to the rest of em .

Nicest of them , I would go for the Acura .
Old 30 Jul 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2511437)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Whilst I would agree about the RS Spider, the early part of the decade was fairly good for the MG and although no longer competative it had a very succesful run at Le mans and other LMS races without having massive amounts of cash thrown at it and lead to the new generation of Lola's.
Old 30 Jul 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2511448)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Ok , but the Spyder did win a lot more in a shorter time .
Old 30 Jul 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2511719)   #5
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lola, they've always been there in some shape or form.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 30 Jul 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2511760)   #6
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are some nice cars here. The MG was a sentimental favorite of mine, but the RS has dominated the 24 hours the two years it was entered so I voted for the Porsche.

DK
Old 31 Jul 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2512654)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The MG wins for me.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2514328)   #8
ztnedman1
Racer

United States
Tennessee
ztnedman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without a doubt the RS Spyder. No other LMP2 has taken to the LMP1 cars like porsche did. In ALMS they won as many overalls as the Dominate Audi's, and this is even with quite a few races that had last minute cautions handing Audi the win due to straight line speed.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 04:50 (Ref:2514329)   #9
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going with Courage - It was able to transform into a lot of different cars and was able to be a lower cost option for teams in the series while still being competitive...to me exactly what a P2/675 car should have been...
I would have also picked Lola if I could have had 2 choices...
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2514565)   #10
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Until a couple of years ago the P2/P675 class was a graveyard. It was the survival of the fittest and normally the fittest had already gone through hell and back, and was crawling its way to the finish.

Because of that I would have said MG (which survived the most during those days) if it weren't for the Porsches. As mentioned, they have dominated the class whenever they popped onto the course, and we've seen a dramatic improvement in P2 quality. I'm not sure if you could say the Porsches had a ripple effect making the other teams step up but it's a coincidence that the class has improved since they've come around.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 01:39 (Ref:2515842)   #11
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for the MG Lola because they were the 675/P2 class in terms of long term commitment (well not MG - but the Lola chassis and AER engine) and success. The MG Lola tought Lola a lot and lessons learned have implemented into the succeeding cars, at least according to teams that run those cars. Porsche changed the game, and was probably the best car, perhaps the best prototype (given its technical limitations) of the decade. The Acura never raced at Le Mans so it is out of the question, but it responded to Porsches challenge in the U.S. quite well.

Chris
Old 11 Aug 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2519693)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zyteks, a small team that broke the boundaries. I know that on paper in '04 they were and LMP900 car, but third place on the grid at Le Mans with its fast straights was fantastic.
Old 14 Aug 2009, 09:53 (Ref:2521263)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agaimn, what's the Acura doing there in this thread in the Le Mans sub-forum?
Old 8 Oct 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2556860)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
I am going with Courage - It was able to transform into a lot of different cars and was able to be a lower cost option for teams in the series while still being competitive...to me exactly what a P2/675 car should have been...
I would have also picked Lola if I could have had 2 choices...

I agree.

I'm not going to vote for the Porsche. All-conquering it may have been - but for only two years and with only 4 (arguably 3) cars.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 9 Oct 2009 at 14:13.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2562722)   #15
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best? Well, whilst the Porsche Spyder was the most competitve LMP2 in era, it never came close to matching the LMP1 baiting exploits of the MG-Lola.

I'd give it to Lola for that and for being around for the whole of the noughties.

M.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2562938)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've gone for Lola.

The Porsche is very quick but for most it is unaffordable, and in a class largely aimed at privateers that is a big negative point. Lola have supported the class all the way through, as well as producing winning cars.
Old 16 Oct 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2562968)   #17
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Utter no brainer. Porsche.

But whilst I like both versions of the RS Spyder a lot my real favourite is the current WR.

I have huge respect for the Courage LC75 - which has spawned so many other cars.

The BMW-Renault-Mader-Mecachrome-GP2 engined T2M Dome was a nice curio too.
Old 19 Oct 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2564436)   #18
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I have to go with the MG lolas, was nice to see them mixing it at the very front of the race while they lasted and they looked good in green/grey colours.