Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Dec 2010, 22:32 (Ref:2809815)   #1
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Technical musical chairs

There has been talk about technical staff leaving different teams, and there are jobs being advertised at DJR (lots), Triple F (race engineer) etc,

Where have the technical staff gone to?

Will there be an impact at the team that they left?

Will they make a difference with the new team?

There did not seem to be a big improvement at FPR when Campbell Little got onboard. But then again 888 did not slow down when he left there either. Does that mean that the driver is the most important part of the equation, or the engineering team, or a combination.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2809819)   #2
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
There did not seem to be a big improvement at FPR when Campbell Little got onboard.
i wouldn't have thought that a new engineer would bring immediate results, but should do so within 6 months. i'm not sure how else you would explain Steve Richards being very close to the front of the pack in the last race of the year
Old 31 Dec 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2809820)   #3
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
FPR put in some good performances towards the end of 2010 and I think much of that is probably due to Campbell Little. It will be interesting to see how they perform in 2011 with Will Davidson on board. Also of interest is how Will compares to Courtney now that Courtney has his old seat.

At this stage I can only see DJR as a basket case.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 23:35 (Ref:2809821)   #4
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
It will be interesting to see how they perform in 2011 with Will Davidson on board. Also of interest is how Will compares to Courtney now that Courtney has his old seat.
likewise with the change of role for Mr Nilsson
Old 1 Jan 2011, 03:11 (Ref:2809844)   #5
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
i wouldn't have thought that a new engineer would bring immediate results, but should do so within 6 months. i'm not sure how else you would explain Steve Richards being very close to the front of the pack in the last race of the year
Thats just the 'out of contract' performance that every driver has when they're about to be sidelined...
Old 4 Jan 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2811255)   #6
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Did some of the DJR guys go to FPR in preparation for the Courtnet deal? or was that just gossip?
Old 6 Jan 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2811697)   #7
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Did some of the DJR guys go to FPR in preparation for the Courtnet deal? or was that just gossip?
Nope, the DJR guys have gone to 888, PMM and HRT.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2811699)   #8
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If they did follow James 'I want to end my career at HRT' Courtney to Ford Performance Racing, they would look silly now.

Courtney has made his Holden-owning father happy by joining a Holden team.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2811712)   #9
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
If they did follow James 'I want to end my career at HRT' Courtney to Ford Performance Racing, they would look silly now.
Only one guy left DJR to go with Courtney (his engineer). All the others have gone to other Qld based teams (none to FPR!), so they obviously saw the writing on the wall for DJR.
Old 6 Jan 2011, 00:59 (Ref:2811715)   #10
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Only one guy left DJR to go with Courtney (his engineer). All the others have gone to other Qld based teams (none to FPR!), so they obviously saw the writing on the wall for DJR.
I know, I just wanted to get the James Courtney thing off my chest. I feel better now!
Old 6 Jan 2011, 21:39 (Ref:2812137)   #11
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post

Courtney has made his Holden-owning father happy by joining a Holden team.
Yeah I thought it would be a brave move but I did read somewhere that FPR had employed more people in preparation for the 4th car.

According to Dean Fiore in speedcafe there is a shortge of race engineers... where have they all gone? Interesting that he is looking for someone his own age to engineer his car, how is an engineer supposed to have the right knowledge and experience at that age?
Old 20 Jan 2011, 03:46 (Ref:2818088)   #12
Racenut
Racer

Australia
According to V8 supercars the music has stopped... they named a few guys and where they went to but none heading to DJR!!! any ideas who went there? from where?

Interesting that Leigh Geyer left Triple F to play Porkys.. do they (FFF) still have a team? or just a couple of mechanics?