Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2014, 05:21 (Ref:3450129)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
2014 Italian Grand Prix

It’s Monza time baby!

Racings back at the good ‘’ol’’ Autodromo Nazionale di Monza, which means when translated Autodromo Nazionale di Monza in English. This is a great time to for F1 racing fans to tune into this race, as it’s getting close at the top as we get into the more serious end of the Season during these final few stages.

More or less expecting Mercedes to take the win at this track, but don’t count out Red bull who were on pace at Belgium two weeks ago, Williams are bringing a new aero-package to this track, and with the form that Bottas is in, they should be at the front before lights out on Sunday at best. The two spearhead drivers at Mercedes should work out their differences and work for the title and team and not take each other out, if that happens, one of the two will win it as should be the case every race to date, the weather forecast looks fine for this weekend’s 13th race on the Calendar.

Venue: Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
Circuit length: 5.793km/3.599miles
Laps: 53
Race distance: 306.720km/190.586miles
Lap record: 1min 21.046secs (Rubens Barrichello, 2004)
2013 pole position: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull) 1min 23.755secs
2013 fastest lap: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes) 1min 25.849secs
Number of corners: 11
Tyre compounds to be used: medium/hard
Old 4 Sep 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3450256)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And FP1 drivers wil be Roberto Merhi, Daniel Juncadella and Giedo van der Garde.
Old 4 Sep 2014, 19:33 (Ref:3450330)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nice work with the translation!
Old 5 Sep 2014, 02:12 (Ref:3450417)   #4
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
it's all that Google Translate was offering me.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3450534)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silanna logo is on the sidepod and not on the engine cover...Caterham's livery has worsened...
Old 5 Sep 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3450536)   #6
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Because I'm good at katakana and also hiragana.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3450584)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always look forward to the Italian GP and with the ongoing Hamilton/Rosberg saga, this should be an interesting race.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 18:18 (Ref:3450593)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always look forward to the Italian GP and with the ongoing Hamilton/Rosberg saga, this should be an interesting race.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3450749)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis gets pole, with Rosberg 2nd. Magnussen and Button 5th and 6th. Looks like both McLaren's are finally coming good and the top 6 cars are all Merc powered.
Old 6 Sep 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3450851)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An important pole for Hamilton of course, because he's made a few mistakes recently in qually or things have not come together, but more importantly an important battle for this drivers' championship because now it's time to see Rosberg overtake Hamilton and in any case Hamilton needs a clean run at some point to get his challenge back on track.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3450884)   #11
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Lewis gets pole, with Rosberg 2nd. Magnussen and Button 5th and 6th. Looks like both McLaren's are finally coming good and the top 6 cars are all Merc powered.
I was expecting this.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 10:19 (Ref:3450955)   #12
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
as we get into the more serious end of the Season during these final few stages.
Errrr...I didn't know that the points from the previous end of the season were less valuable than the next....

You learn sumpin' new every day...

jimclark
Old 7 Sep 2014, 12:04 (Ref:3450982)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Errrr...I didn't know that the points from the previous end of the season were less valuable than the next....

You learn sumpin' new every day...
You get double points for the last race.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 12:06 (Ref:3450983)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean start but Lewis drops to 4th as Magnussen and Massa are 2nd and 3rd.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3450985)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Hmm
They showed a shot a shot of paddy with a worried look on his face as the lights came on. I felt immediately that Hamilton would have a problem and that's what happened.
One of my fears was that Hamilton would be compromised over the next races and there is nothing here that would surprise me if the result was being 'managed' by Mercedes.
If that's so then this is a 'soft championship' for Nico. We'll see how the race progresses.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3450988)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Some impressive driving from Bottas as he's back up to 4th.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3450989)   #17
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You get double points for the last race.
Noooo....

(psssstttt....a secret.....I wuz being sarcastic in above post )

Besides, all the more reason previous points earnings were very important so as to build a lead in caes of someone "lucking" into the lead because of the arbitrary last race double points....

Last edited by jimclark; 7 Sep 2014 at 12:47.

jimclark
Old 7 Sep 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3450990)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Rosberg blew it at the chicane and Hamilton takes the lead and Alonso is out.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3450991)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I don't see why Magnussen should get that penalty.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3450993)   #20
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Hmm
They showed a shot a shot of paddy with a worried look on his face as the lights came on. I felt immediately that Hamilton would have a problem and that's what happened.
One of my fears was that Hamilton would be compromised over the next races and there is nothing here that would surprise me if the result was being 'managed' by Mercedes.
If that's so then this is a 'soft championship' for Nico. We'll see how the race progresses.
More tin foil hatted conspiracy nonsense... in my opinion, of course.

Maybe Rosberg missing the chicane was team management too?

Quietly hoping Lewis will hold on, just to keep the championship fight interesting.

Last five laps could be crucial.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3450994)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Magnussen is penalised 5 secs for forcing Bottas off the track!

Magnussen pulled over to let Bottas past and when he got to the corner Bottas hadn't completed the pass. Magnussen had to go somewhere!

Now Button has just forced Perez off over the curb! Does he get a 5 sec penalty.

The stewards decisions are idiotic. Plain stupid! If this is F1 its an absolute joke. A complete nonsense. The stewards should be retired.
If Magnussen has a penalty so should have Button for what he did to Perez. Same thing
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3450995)   #22
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
More tin foil hatted conspiracy nonsense... in my opinion, of course.

Maybe Rosberg missing the chicane was team management too?

Quietly hoping Lewis will hold on, just to keep the championship fight interesting.

Last five laps could be crucial.
My concerns were rubbish garcon. It has panned out quite different so we'll see what happens at the end.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3450996)   #23
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I'm afraid I and David Coulthard both saw those incidents rather differently.

The interesting thing is whether the stewards take into account that Mag has recent form. Three or four times he moved very late to defend.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3450997)   #24
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
My concerns were rubbish garcon. It has panned out quite different so we'll see what happens at the end.
I reckons Totto's just playing with us.
Old 7 Sep 2014, 13:14 (Ref:3450998)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
That was a great move by Ricciardo on Vettel.