Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3704512)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm.
Old 23 Jan 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3704514)   #27
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Was asked today why the Northern Ireland Gang didn't turn up.!
The owner looked at the weather forecast and said no bloody way with black ice and salt!
Why are saloons so cheap when compared to open cars.Dont get it.
There are those run of the mill Pre Wars like Astons and MG's then really good ones like the London Talbot but I may be biased.
Old 23 Jan 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3704537)   #28
NHSL
Rookie

NHSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riley Mentone

Mike, it's a blue and black one with a German dealer, and was sold for about £13,500 at a Brightwells auction in November. We were all very worried that having gone to Germany it would soon re-appear as a TT Sprite replica at £100K but it looks like it may have had a stay of execution.

I don't know if forum etiquette lets me give any more info about where to find it, but the dealer has spelt it as "6 zylinder" and "Menton" which might help with your search!
Old 23 Jan 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3704539)   #29
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Just tell us!
Old 23 Jan 2017, 19:02 (Ref:3704541)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSL View Post
Mike, it's a blue and black one with a German dealer.
I don't know if forum etiquette lets me give any more info about where to find it, but the dealer has spelt it as "6 zylinder" and "Menton" which might help with your search!
Found it on Car and Classic website, thanks Nick! There's also a Falcon and Monaco listed under Riley as well..... Would it be wrong to say the Mentone is basically a 6 cyl Monaco? What gearbox did Riley use?

Car is here- http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C825991

John, I would never call you biased!
Old 24 Jan 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3704704)   #31
NHSL
Rookie

NHSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rileys generally gave you an option* of a manual box or a preselector box. The preselector was very popular as they were a lot easier to use in the days before syncromesh was invented.

You just move a small lever mounted on the steering column to the gear you think you will need next and a dab on the clutch pedal selects it instantly. You can sit on a startline in first gear with second alreadly selected and the change up is instant. Search you tube for "VSCC Prescott 2015 Riley Sprite" to get the idea!

* to be fair Rileys generally gave you any option you asked for, with a bewildering array of models often competing with each other which is why the original company went bust in 1938!
Old 24 Jan 2017, 17:12 (Ref:3704787)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

John, I would never call you biased!
Not when there are plenty of alternative epithets available.
Old 24 Jan 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3704790)   #33
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Now you know why Mike got the drive at Le Mans!
Old fart seems to work as alternative!
Old 24 Jan 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3704813)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Now you know why Mike got the drive at Le Mans!
Old fart seems to work as alternative!
Lol, He is very good.

You and me both.
Old 24 Jan 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3704824)   #35
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that the (provisional) winner of the Measham Trophy was John Potter / David Kirkham in this 1927 Alvis 12/50 TG C&E Sports:
Attached Thumbnails
VSCC Measham Rally 2017_0024_10Tenths.jpg   VSCC Measham Rally 2017_0046_10Tenths.jpg  
Old 24 Jan 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3704826)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I understand that the (provisional) winner of the Measham Trophy was John Potter / David Kirkham in this 1927 Alvis 12/50 TG C&E Sports:
Wel done them! Those spot lamps look bright enough to actually see with, perhaps they helped......
Old 24 Jan 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3704849)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Wel done them! Those spot lamps look bright enough to actually see with, perhaps they helped......
Do I see a reversing light as well?

Go heavens, surely he should be taking a man with a hurricane lamp or something rather than fancy namby pamby 'lectric powered stuff.