Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 17 Mar 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3719299)   #2701
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love or hate the MG livery, it is clearly branded to show manufacturer status... Regardless how much money is in it, they must have enough to fund the team with what seems to be very few sponsors and brand the car. Vauxhall, take note!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3719303)   #2702
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I wasn't there, but you're right about them looking better in the metal, liveries always do.

I agree about Moffat's livery. What's the red stripe for? And why has the Mercedes badge been filled in blue?

I prefer this year's Eurotech livery. Last year's wasn't quite vibrant enough for me. On the other hand, the Maximum car has far too much white on it.

I hope the Vauxhalls will run with the grey wheels for most of the season, they look better than the white ones.
Totally agree about the wheels on the Vauxhalls. They looked great when unveiled in the pit lane with greys, but a lot less so when running with whites.

I don't generally like white wheels on touring cars (they get dirty too quickly!), but there are a few liveries that they have looked good on over the years.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3719306)   #2703
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Agreed on most, but I actually like the hint of red they added to Moffats Merc. And, haters gonna hate, I absolutely love the new HARD.. ehrm... TAG-liveries. White suits that car well, and the liveries are clean and professionally looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
I wasn't there, but you're right about them looking better in the metal, liveries always do.

I agree about Moffat's livery. What's the red stripe for? And why has the Mercedes badge been filled in blue?

I prefer this year's Eurotech livery. Last year's wasn't quite vibrant enough for me. On the other hand, the Maximum car has far too much white on it.

I hope the Vauxhalls will run with the grey wheels for most of the season, they look better than the white ones.
Might just be me, but the hint of red on Moffat's car almost conjures up a Union Jack theme. I might be reading too much into this, but this could have been a push from Laser Tools to remind people they're a british company. Moffat's car has always been very patriotic to those north of the border (to the point that I've always called it the Braveheartmobile) and in the current climate I guess there could be some sensitivity around such matters. The blue on the badge just looks cheap, like they've not removed the protector film on a new car or the kind of crap bored kids do when they've got left over vinyl from wrapping other parts of their cars.

I much prefer the Eurotech livery this year, much bolder (the gradient wrap last year, whilst a good idea, was poorly executed as the red didnt match the paint) but the white bits on the bonnet look like a bit of an afterthought.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 11:13 (Ref:3719331)   #2704
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
I much prefer the Eurotech livery this year, much bolder (the gradient wrap last year, whilst a good idea, was poorly executed as the red didnt match the paint) but the white bits on the bonnet look like a bit of an afterthought.
I thought the Eurotech livery looked like they forgot to do anything at the front of the car - there's the blue on the rear quarters then nothing forward of that.

Ingrams car looks awful - lose the green for an instant improvement but even that wouldn't help too much.

Moffats car - looked better last season.

The HARD cars look a lot better - more cohesive, less cluttered - someone has actually thought about it this season rather than just hurling stickers at the cars.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3719338)   #2705
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could lose many hours looking through this media day image gallery. Recommended - https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/phot...-6&oft=143&p=4
Old 17 Mar 2017, 11:47 (Ref:3719340)   #2706
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One thing that seems a little odd for me at the moment - James Cole is listed under the 'Adrian Flux Subaru Racing' banner, but his car is not sponsored by Adrian Flux, it has ticketmaster on instead?
Old 17 Mar 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3719343)   #2707
thlbtcc
Veteran

Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3719346)   #2708
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
oops!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3719347)   #2709
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just a test of structural integrity - perfectly normal.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:16 (Ref:3719348)   #2710
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
One thing that seems a little odd for me at the moment - James Cole is listed under the 'Adrian Flux Subaru Racing' banner, but his car is not sponsored by Adrian Flux, it has ticketmaster on instead?
I suppose as Ticketmaster is his sponsor it replaces the Adrian Flux logo's but keeps the car in the same team, couldn't really put Cole in the BMR academy with Price. I thought it was more interesting the lack of Silverline this year!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3719350)   #2711
pagey318
Rookie

pagey318 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I could lose many hours looking through this media day image gallery. Recommended - https://www.motorsport.com/btcc/phot...-6&oft=143&p=4
You reckon Price knew his flies were undone?!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3719354)   #2712
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
I suppose as Ticketmaster is his sponsor it replaces the Adrian Flux logo's but keeps the car in the same team, couldn't really put Cole in the BMR academy with Price. I thought it was more interesting the lack of Silverline this year!
True,
As teams can only nominate two points-scoring entries for each meeting, I can't see a non-Adrian Flux branded car being selected to replace their own.

I would have expected Cole to push for his entry to be under a ticketmaster banner, in a similar situation to the third cars at TD, WSR and HARD.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3719356)   #2713
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagey318 View Post
You reckon Price knew his flies were undone?!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:09 (Ref:3719368)   #2714
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Brands Hatch... really? I have pretty low expectations of motorsport.com as it is, but tagging the media day photos with the wrong circuit is pretty poor.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3719370)   #2715
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Excuse if I have missed something, but wasn't Moffat supposed to be in a customer Scooby this season?
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3719375)   #2716
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Excuse if I have missed something, but wasn't Moffat supposed to be in a customer Scooby this season?
Was only a test - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126849

Then confirmed in current team - http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...edes-for-2017/
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3719377)   #2717
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Just a test of structural integrity - perfectly normal.
No that came later when they dragged the poor thing onto the flatbed destroying the remainder of the front bumper and either ripping an oil line off or smashing a hole in the sump as it soon dumped it's guts all over the truck bed and the outside of the Old Hairpin. Obviously pretty broken as he never came out again.

The Marshall's broom head flying off as he went to sweep the gravel up gained a decent cheer though!
Old 17 Mar 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3719379)   #2718
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
No that came later when they dragged the poor thing onto the flatbed destroying the remainder of the front bumper and either ripping an oil line off or smashing a hole in the sump as it soon dumped it's guts all over the truck bed and the outside of the Old Hairpin. Obviously pretty broken as he never came out again.

The Marshall's broom head flying off as he went to sweep the gravel up gained a decent cheer though!
IIRC, late in the afternoon, when it was obvious the car wasn't going to be coming out again, the commentators said it was a cracked sump
Old 17 Mar 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3719409)   #2719
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Not a fan of VW design but the Passat is a nice looking car, especially in BTCC trim.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3719416)   #2720
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinghio44 View Post
Swindon engine strong showing, all the top10 covered
The non-Swindon engines are sandbagging?
Old 17 Mar 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3719439)   #2721
thlbtcc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The non-Swindon engines are sandbagging?
Maybe.

Speedtrap info down Craner Curves:

Old 17 Mar 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3719469)   #2722
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What happened to Matt Simpson? His car returned to the pits with front end damage and a slow moving Josh Cook returned shortly after.
Old 17 Mar 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3719483)   #2723
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
everyone is buoyed by their test session
Old 18 Mar 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3719705)   #2724
FrAnc1S96
Rookie

FrAnc1S96 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting insight into Vauxhalls input into PMR, looks as if they are receiving funding after all:
http://www.touringcars.net/2017/03/a...-deal-bit-coup
Old 18 Mar 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3719768)   #2725
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.touringcars.net/2017/03/a...-deal-bit-coup
Interesting article on the PMR-Vauxhall arrangement