Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Apr 2003, 13:45 (Ref:583793)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Thomas Bscher, where are you?

Does anyone know what Thomas Bscher, that stalwart of sportscar racing, is currently up to? As far as I know, he hasn't run a car since the privateer BMW in '99, which is a great shame, as he's had a lot of success in the past. Oh, for a Bscher car in GTs again...
Old 29 Apr 2003, 14:10 (Ref:583819)   #2
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He also ran the BMW in 2000 , and like you , i wonder where he is now
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:53 (Ref:584017)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Drove some Historics last year, and in 2001...

Seems to own a Maserati Birdcage, and a 250F.
http://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/h..._historics.asp

Last edited by Fogelhund; 29 Apr 2003 at 16:55.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 17:37 (Ref:584066)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Yeah, it would be nice to see him back. He's someone who can spend some money. Maybe he can buy the first customer Zonda next year.

How old is this Swiss banker?
Old 29 Apr 2003, 17:40 (Ref:584069)   #5
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
fab....more cockney rhyming slang!
Old 29 Apr 2003, 17:48 (Ref:584075)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
fab....more cockney rhyming slang!
???
Old 29 Apr 2003, 18:22 (Ref:584109)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You have to be English to get that one, FIRE......

..... and no, I'm not going to explain it either.....
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:39 (Ref:584290)   #8
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You don't need to know FIRE. It's a language made up a couple of hundred years ago by thiefs in London to confuse the police.... Mind you, god knows what Swiss Banker might mean... Could be something rather rude
Old 30 Apr 2003, 15:16 (Ref:585183)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Swiss Banker ? Cor Blimey !

Last edited by Fab; 30 Apr 2003 at 15:16.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 15:44 (Ref:585217)   #10
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
by jove...i think fabs got it!
Old 30 Apr 2003, 16:32 (Ref:585266)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Fogelhund
Drove some Historics last year, and in 2001...

Seems to own a Maserati Birdcage, and a 250F.
Think I remember him running a 450S a few years ago as well- he obviously likes Maseratis.....
Old 30 Apr 2003, 17:56 (Ref:585360)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A man with taste, by the sound of things then......
Old 1 May 2003, 11:39 (Ref:586111)   #13
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FIRE
Yeah, it would be nice to see him back. He's someone who can spend some money. Maybe he can buy the first customer Zonda next year.

I believe Bscher is German, and currently he is, well, banking.
Old 1 May 2003, 11:43 (Ref:586113)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
I believe Bscher is German, and currently he is, well, banking.
Hey Muzza ! How d'you've been ? I was just thinking tonight (yes tonight !) that you didn't post for a long time ! Good to see you back !

BTW, I think he's a german fellow too... and his last coming (at LM) was not a sucess with the red and white BMW (2000 ?)...

Last edited by Fab; 1 May 2003 at 11:45.
Old 1 May 2003, 13:21 (Ref:586223)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
No, but then, the BMW was by 2000 outclassed. Given, say, a Saleen or a Ferrari 550, I think he could do some good work in GTs, especially if partnered by a professional driver. Let's get Geoff Lees out of retirement!
Old 1 May 2003, 16:48 (Ref:586427)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
He did well in 1999, with BMW too...
Old 1 May 2003, 17:38 (Ref:586468)   #17
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He was using a second rate '98 Beemer in '99 and '00. No wonder in '00 it was rubbish.
Old 1 May 2003, 19:24 (Ref:586589)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
He has a fondness for Maseratis. And today I read that Maserati plan to enter the FIA GT Championship in 2004, and will supply four to six customers cars. Hmmm...
Old 1 May 2003, 20:54 (Ref:586689)   #19
Sean Crockett
Racer

Wales
South Wales (UK)
Sean Crockett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
He was using a second rate '98 Beemer in '99 and '00. No wonder in '00 it was rubbish.
Wasn't the BMW uprated by Dome for 2000? :confused:
Old 1 May 2003, 20:56 (Ref:586690)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yeah, but it was obviously no good because they went and built the S101 almost immediately.
Old 2 May 2003, 02:10 (Ref:586917)   #21
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Salut, Fab!)

Bscher lives around Cologne and his office is in Frankfurt, some 200 km away. He used to commute between one place and another everyday driving his McLaren GTR in the autobahn as it should be driven - at full speed.

I remember when, some five years ago, a German newspaper clocked him doing more than 320 km/h each way every morning going to work - and then doing the same on the way back home. If I recall the story well, the journalists followed his driving habits a while, then got bored with it and went away...

He was maybe the only Mclaren GTR owner to use it as a commuter car.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 14:52 (Ref:1974040)   #22
Thomas_B
Rookie

Thomas_B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello!
I remember that well.
After returning for the first time from Frankfurt, a McLaren engineer telephoned me and told me something was wrong with my calibration, as it was reporting my speed as 209mph.
I told him I was only breaking it in, and would soon be going faster!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 14:56 (Ref:1974048)   #23
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Hello! Does that mean we have a genuine World Champion posting here now?
Old 26 Jul 2007, 15:00 (Ref:1974056)   #24
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He was boss of Bugatti for a while, up till March this year.
Old 26 Jul 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1974072)   #25
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Keep him well away from professional sportscar racing ..... he is the reason Toyota didnt win Le Mans on their last effort !!!