Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 1 Jun 2011, 12:55 (Ref:2889373)   #1
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Redford Park

Gents I am back with a new track to try and see if we can try and get this forum moving again.

Its called Redford Park, its a completely fictional track and it is based around a lake. It is 3.4 km long (2.11 miles) and goes clockwise. It was originally built as an extremely fast lake circuit before the Railroad Chicane had to be introduced due to lack of run-off and safety concerns around Turns 7,8 and 9. The Stadium Complex is also relatively new, having been added to try and reduce the length of the long straight that existed before. It has existed in its current configuration since 2005. The pit-lane length is around 300 metres and the track is around 20 metres wide.

This circuit also marks an attempt of mine to try and use several programs at once to produce a track. I used Sketchup for the basic layout and then simply Paint and Excel to add in the detail. It works remarkably well I think and is great for quickly knocking up a track in little time. Sort of like a crossover between a bio-style track and a Wikipedia diagram.

Comments, criticism as always

Old 1 Jun 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2889401)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Looks old skool as hell - love it! But perhaps not traditionally old skool. The hairpin looks very new age, but it's just a nice combination.

I'd love to have a spin on it and also try the old layout too. Good job!

Selby
Old 1 Jun 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2889473)   #3
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have one very similar that ive not posted so i like it a lot. i agree that it is very old skool but with a modern twist.i love how you've modernized it by having slower corners than previously but still having its high speed character. The old kink at the Railroad Chicane looks thrilling but suicidal if you get it wrong.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2889474)   #4
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback guys - I was thinking of showing the circuit in its original old layout, so I'll definitely do it now!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2889686)   #5
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey you all!
I like that track a lot, seems very fast and flowing, I would love to ride it! My only concern is the pit entry seems to be in the middle of the impact zone for that turn, which is pretty fast btw. Other than that perfect, simple and effective.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2890165)   #6
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic job! Highlights for me are turn 10 and the final combination 11 and 12. I don't see a great problem with the pit-entry.
One thing you will have to solve is how you get in the paddock.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 14:41 (Ref:2893522)   #7
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
Thanks all for the comments.

As promised, here is what the track in its original form when it was first built during the 1960s. The hairpin at the bottom was slightly different and an old part of track I didn't indicate on the original drawing. At this time it was reasonably well banked to help cars around the corner.

Click on the image and you can use the back arrow to scroll between the old version and new.