Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 6 Aug 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3116714)   #201
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
I think that would be a step backwards for him; Ganassi is a top 3 team, Bobby Rahal's definitely is not. But Graham has really looked average against Scott and Dario this year anyway, I don't think there's been any race this year where Graham was the fastest of the 3.

Dario and Scott won't be around forever, but they're going to be tough to replace. Will Power, currently, is probably the only driver faster than those two. Of course I'd be putting Bourdais in Graham's seat.
The thing is he's not in Ganassi. That team is as much Ganassi as Dragon is Penske.
Old 6 Aug 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3116723)   #202
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
The thing is he's not in Ganassi. That team is as much Ganassi as Dragon is Penske.
That 2nd tier Ganassi team is a very 2nd tier team but it has the ear of Chip himself. Roger isn't interested in what Jay is up to [although Bourdais' form may speak for itself].

Rahal's team isn't a bad team but going there is the mark of someone who has reached a career plateau. Cling to Chip though an opening might emerge in the years ahead, fall outside of that loop and his prospects become more uncertain.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 02:11 (Ref:3116904)   #203
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
More on Graham Rahal; he could be racing for his father's team next year.

http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpe...iving-at-home/
I'd rather see him use his sponsorship to jump-start Newman-Hass.

Most of their engineering talent is now at Dragon on a "consignment basis".
Old 7 Aug 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3117061)   #204
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
That 2nd tier Ganassi team is a very 2nd tier team but it has the ear of Chip himself. Roger isn't interested in what Jay is up to [although Bourdais' form may speak for itself].

Rahal's team isn't a bad team but going there is the mark of someone who has reached a career plateau. Cling to Chip though an opening might emerge in the years ahead, fall outside of that loop and his prospects become more uncertain.
And waste his prime years picking up Dario and Dixon's scraps? Why? He is better off somewhere else as long as he can at the very least get the NH crew back together.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3117079)   #205
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I'd rather see him use his sponsorship to jump-start Newman-Hass.

Most of their engineering talent is now at Dragon on a "consignment basis".
Says a lot for Mr Bourdais then to get a good placing with a weekend seagull crew?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Aug 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3117135)   #206
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
And waste his prime years picking up Dario and Dixon's scraps? Why? He is better off somewhere else as long as he can at the very least get the NH crew back together.
If it's just a sideways move, he should stay where he is. He can still jump ship if a superior seat comes along but unless old Bobby has some magic dust up his sleeve RLL isn't that seat.
Old 7 Aug 2012, 15:57 (Ref:3117183)   #207
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
If it's just a sideways move, he should stay where he is. He can still jump ship if a superior seat comes along but unless old Bobby has some magic dust up his sleeve RLL isn't that seat.
You mean the team owner who's car could easily have won this years Indy 500 had his driver displayed a bit more patience?
Old 9 Aug 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3117878)   #208
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Courtesy of Autosport.com
Barrichello confirms he is leaving KV at the end of the year and has held talks with a Honda engined team.
Any thoughts on where he could be off to?
Old 9 Aug 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3117964)   #209
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Barrichello confirms he is leaving KV at the end of the year and has held talks with a Honda engined team.
Hopefully retirement.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3117965)   #210
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrogothicus View Post
Could be either Rahal or Ganassi.

While I think that Rubens should have more patience, I like that he's really here to win, and not just to keep his name out there. So I hope that he can indeed get a ride for 2013.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3117966)   #211
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Could be either Rahal or Ganassi.

While I think that Rubens should have more patience, I like that he's really here to win, and not just to keep his name out there. So I hope that he can indeed get a ride for 2013.
I don't see him going to Ganassi, the guy's 40 and I'm sure Ganassi is quite happy with Franchitti and Dixon. There would be no reason to let either of them go.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3117998)   #212
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jay Penske arrested:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...nske-arrested/
Old 9 Aug 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3118017)   #213
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see Roger sit his boys down and read them the Riot Act!
Old 9 Aug 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3118018)   #214
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is it with American team owners getting into legal troubles? At least it weren't financial issues this time.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3118031)   #215
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
It's a matter of watch this space.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3118035)   #216
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Out-of-bounds high jinks from the Penske pups is one matter. If it effects the Bourdais campaign that would be another injustice.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3118039)   #217
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Urinating on and physically assulting women, just what TRUECAR stands for.

By christ. Lets see'em wriggle out of this one......
Old 9 Aug 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3118042)   #218
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Maybe the Penske's were going house-to-house to talk up IndyCar...

The "urinating on a woman's boots" part of the story was particularly compelling. In fact, Randy did recently say that IndyCar needs to "create compelling stories" to interest new fans. Perhaps this is one of them.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 19:02 (Ref:3118044)   #219
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Urinating on and physically assulting women, just what TRUECAR stands for.

By christ. Lets see'em wriggle out of this one......
And wriggle they will. I am sure it was all just a misunderstanding and Jay certainly didn't mean anything when he grabbed the woman or urinated on her boots. I am sure these actions were just things that have been misunderstood by the media and the reports taken completely out of context from actual events - or so the spin-meisters at Penske/IndyCar/Dragon will say!!

I am actually looking forward to the upcoming statements by the particpants in this one! They should be classic!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3118054)   #220
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I'd like to see Roger sit his boys down and read them the Riot Act!
Roger should just legally adopt Tim Cindric.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3118061)   #221
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
Maybe the Penske's were going house-to-house to talk up IndyCar...

The "urinating on a woman's boots" part of the story was particularly compelling. In fact, Randy did recently say that IndyCar needs to "create compelling stories" to interest new fans. Perhaps this is one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz
Roger should just legally adopt Tim Cindric.
Old 9 Aug 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3118135)   #222
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, there ya go. They substitute a cancelled event with a parking lot ****ing contest.
Maybe it will be on the schedule next year to get them to 19.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 02:27 (Ref:3118164)   #223
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
First thing I have to say:

My sympathies lay with the woman that was assaulted and whizzed on by these malicious goons.

Second thing I have to say:

Third thing I have to say:

Good luck getting out of this one. There are sponsors of course, but when "Truecar" has this silly women's empowerment sponsorship thing and the team owner then goes out and grabs women and whizzes on them in public, that's one heck of a PR deal huh?

However no one cares about the irl so there are probably around 35 people who took note of this story.

Penske has had a house on Nantucket for years, so probably because they are "locals", they'll skate by with a little fine or something. I don't understand the breaking and entering bit though and what that was all about. Sounds like 2 drunken clowns.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 05:41 (Ref:3118192)   #224
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post

My sympathies lay with the woman that was assaulted and whizzed on by these malicious goons.

Good luck getting out of this one. There are sponsors of course, but when "Truecar" has this silly women's empowerment sponsorship thing and the team owner then goes out and grabs women and whizzes on them in public, that's one heck of a PR deal huh?

However no one cares about the irl so there are probably around 35 people who took note of this story.

Penske has had a house on Nantucket for years, so probably because they are "locals", they'll skate by with a little fine or something. I don't understand the breaking and entering bit though and what that was all about. Sounds like 2 drunken clowns.
It's not the IRL anymore.

Go back to crapwagon where you belong.
Old 10 Aug 2012, 05:42 (Ref:3118193)   #225
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post

Penske has had a house on Nantucket for years, so probably because they are "locals", they'll skate by with a little fine or something. I don't understand the breaking and entering bit though and what that was all about. Sounds like 2 high-spirited lads.