Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:26 (Ref:3768716)   #301
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Forget percentages - once it is clear the race will no go full distance the actual length is simply a guess with safety car periods and weather.

The rule should be simple stated as "The nominated co-driver must complete 54 laps".
That was my initial understanding as well. But then they go on about rest times, which in my understanding is the inverse of the allowable laps completed...

How a team uses it's B driver to achieve those 54 laps should be up to them. If a team wants to roll the dice, and do 2x driver changes, good luck to them.

I think at the end of the day, the rules are made 1) to be complicated enough to trip a team up for the sake of a controversy, and 2) have all the B drivers on track at the same time, bumping into eachother.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:39 (Ref:3768718)   #302
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Forget percentages - once it is clear the race will no go full distance the actual length is simply a guess with safety car periods and weather.

The rule should be simple stated as "The nominated co-driver must complete 54 laps".
What if the race is interrupted mid-race like Bathurst a few years ago? Would that make a difference?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 04:43 (Ref:3768720)   #303
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
What if the race is interrupted mid-race like Bathurst a few years ago? Would that make a difference?
Not as long as it went full distance

time under the red flag is excluded from driving time as well
Old 21 Sep 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3768991)   #304
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does James Moffatt have any personality?

On Sundays telecast in an interview he seemed as lively as a dead fish.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3768992)   #305
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

Definitely not Al Pal in front of the cameras
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Sep 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3768996)   #306
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Then again it took his dad 30 years after his career to be comfortable in front of the media.

James has obviously been to the Frosty school of media...
Old 21 Sep 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3769117)   #307
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I've worked with him, he has plenty of it off camera, more than most drivers actually who often do the opposite and liven up for the TV but are quite monotone off it.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3769198)   #308
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He seems ok to me.

Just not a very good actor!
Old 22 Sep 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3769240)   #309
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Todd Hazelwood On ABC's Sideliners Show
Old 22 Sep 2017, 10:27 (Ref:3769241)   #310
Umai Naa
Veteran

Great segment.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3769363)   #311
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Watched it last night - jeez he was good in front of the cameras and in the interview.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 00:23 (Ref:3770823)   #312
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
At least Team Cooldrive can laugh about it, now...