Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Aug 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3295846)   #1
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
USCC 2014 Entry List & Schedule ONLY

I apologise profoundly if this thread already exists somewhere. So mods please feel free to merge this thread if this is the case.

Its getting to that time of year when we all start wildly speculating about the upcoming season (despite this one being far from over), and one of the most exciting thing to speculate about this year will be the beginning of a new sportscar championship in the USA, resulting from the merger of Grand-Am and the ALMS.

I thought i would put together a provisional entry list based solely on the entry from this years Grand-Am and ALMS races at the double header Road America race.

I am in no way claiming this is going to be the entry list for USCR next year, what i would like is people to post articles that state teams confirming cars for next year and we can slowly but a more solid list of who will be there next year, from this original list.
I have given an example of what i think would work well, next to the Starworks cars.

So here goes.

Premier Class (DP, LMP2, Deltawing)
x1 Ganassi BMW/Riley
x2 Starworks BMW/Riley (http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20170.html)
x2 Eight Star Corvette
x2 Action Express Corvette
x2 MSR Ford/Riley
x1 WTR Corvette
x2 Sahlen BMW/Riley
x1 Spirit of Daytona Corvette
x1 GAINSCO Corvette
x2 Extreeme Speed HPD
x2 Level 5 HPD
x1 Deltawing Elan/Deltawing

LMPC
x2 BAR1 Motorsports
RSR Racing (Starworks)(http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20170.html)
x1 Performance Tech Motorsports
x1 PR1 Mathiasen
x1 DragonSpeed
x1 CORE Autosports

LMGT
x2 Corvette Racing Corvette
x1 Team Falken Tire Porsche
x1 Team West/AJR Ferrari
x1 Paul Miller Racing Porsche
x2 BMW Team RLL BMW
x1 Risi Competition Ferrari
x2 SRT Motorsports Dodge
x1 CORE Autosports Porsche

DGT
x2 Muehlner Motorsports America Porsche
x1 Marsh Racing Corvette
x1 Magnus Racing Porsche
x1 Fall-Line Motorsports Audi
x1 Stevenson Camaro
x2 AIM Autosport Ferrari
x2 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari
x1 Park Place Porsche
x2 Turner BMW
x1 JDX Racing Porsche
x1 AJR Porsche
x1 Dempsey Racing Porsche
x1 NGT Motorsport Porsche
x2 Flying Lizard Porsche
x2 TRG Porsche
x2 Speedsource Mazda
x1 Napleton Porsche
Old 29 Aug 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3295849)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Marsh is moving to DP, Stevenson is gone from GTD as well, and the All-pro AIM car might move up to GTE or disappear.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3295854)   #3
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think we might see Flying Lizard move back up to GTLM next year, now that the 991 will be available and Porsche support might return?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:13 (Ref:3295858)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Think we might see Flying Lizard move back up to GTLM next year, now that the 991 will be available and Porsche support might return?
I think the probability is higher that Core might be that team. Turner has suggested they won't be back in GTD.

There are rumours of L5 going to WEC, maybe even P1.

I think we'll lose approx 4 DP's, who don't want to spend, or don't have the budget to upgrade.

Dyson is likely in LMP2, I don't see them bolting to WEC, but I think Muscle Milk might.

I think the number of full season GTD Porsches will be about half of that number, given it is probable you will need a brand new car to be competitive. It has been suggested that the number of people who have said they'll buy the car is around 3-4, with the rest taking a wait and see approach.

I think Brumos will come back at some point, but the question being to what class, GTLM, or GTD? They don't know as of yet, depends on how funding goes, noting that LM is nearly double the cost of D.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 29 Aug 2013 at 20:20.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3295863)   #5
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ganassi might be a P2.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3295883)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Thinking along the lines of Pirelli WC...

I'd like to see LG Motorsports back with a Corvette in the GTD class. Perhaps the Gigliotti/Drissi/Peterson lineup?

Also, what is the possibility of seeing a Global Motorsports Group Audi R8(s)? James Sofronas, Duncan Ende, Bret Curtis, Mike Hedlund, Bill Ziegler, and Alex Welch? That's enough of a lineup for at least 2 full-time cars.

I hope the USCR digs a bit deeper into the pockets of some other racing series to gather interest. Surely LG and GMC would prefer the USCR over Pirelli WC?
Old 29 Aug 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3295900)   #7
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
I think that only corvette racing, SRT racing, bmw RLL and a supported 991 porsche team (flying lizard one or two cars) will be full season in GTLM. I expect to see risi competizione only at daytona maybe, with ferrari supporting scuderia michelotto in GTD. Too early to predict something in prototype class. Hope to don't see any other dildowing around.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 22:05 (Ref:3295909)   #8
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I think we'll lose approx 4 DP's, who don't want to spend, or don't have the budget to upgrade.
From all the rumors tossed around on this forum by Fogelhund and others, I thought NASCAR WAS their budget. If this is true,
why would upgrading the DP's be an issue?

Just get NASCAR to stroke a check.

Please explain.

Andy Flinn
Old 29 Aug 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3295917)   #9
ACFlinn
Racer

ACFlinn is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
I think that only corvette racing, SRT racing, bmw RLL and a supported 991 porsche team (flying lizard one or two cars) will be full season in GTLM. I expect to see risi competizione only at daytona maybe, with ferrari supporting scuderia michelotto in GTD. Too early to predict something in prototype class. Hope to don't see any other dildowing around.
That depends on how many LMP2's show up next year.
The series won't last long with phantom prototypes.

Provided USCR gets the balance right, the DP's will be roughly double what you'll see in the way of LMP's.

I predict two from L5, two from ESM, maybe two from Dyson, the Delta Wing and not much else.

Andy Flinn
Old 29 Aug 2013, 22:27 (Ref:3295921)   #10
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The boss of Multimatic told, that sales are going pretty good for them, because the sold a few LMP2 an both sides of the atlantic.

I think it depends on how NASCAR is trying to get the P2 and DP on to the same pace (which is almost impossible for me, considering that the DPs are over 10 years old and have even older technic and material under their bodywork), but i think that we will actually see more LMP2, than we expected a few months ago, because an LMP2 costs you ~450.000€. A DP is at about 400.000€, without any upgrades (which will be needed for 2014).
Old 29 Aug 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3295939)   #11
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo aus N View Post
The boss of Multimatic told, that sales are going pretty good for them, because the sold a few LMP2 an both sides of the atlantic.

I think it depends on how NASCAR is trying to get the P2 and DP on to the same pace (which is almost impossible for me, considering that the DPs are over 10 years old and have even older technic and material under their bodywork), but i think that we will actually see more LMP2, than we expected a few months ago, because an LMP2 costs you ~450.000€. A DP is at about 400.000€, without any upgrades (which will be needed for 2014).
We'll see several DPs either switch classes or not race full-season next year. Same thing with GAGT. I don't see this affecting ALMS teams as much since their budgets are higher in the first place. For most of those teams (well, except GTC) they'll just be running more hours on the cars.
Old 29 Aug 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3295943)   #12
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the only DP's we will see full time next year will be 2 Starworks, Spirit of Daytona, 1 Action Express, 1 8Star, Gainsco, and Wayne Taylor.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3295958)   #13
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=morningview66;3295846]I thought i would put together a provisional entry list based solely on the entry from this years Grand-Am and ALMS races at the double header Road America race.

Premier Class (DP, LMP2, Deltawing)

QUOTE]

I just lost my dinner.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 01:06 (Ref:3295965)   #14
BullMan
Veteran

No way there are 2 Action Express DPs out there next year. NASCAR already funds the team. I don't see them funding 2 plus the upgrades.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3295989)   #15
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering about Tucker's Lola's, does he still have the Lola that was leased to black swan and the other that dempsy ran but I guess was actually Tucker's? Wonder if people might want to run them.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 03:29 (Ref:3295992)   #16
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
I saw with my own eyes last weekend that Level 5 still has their Lola LMP2 Open and Closed cockpit cars.

They also still have their two (2) Daytona Prototypes.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 04:59 (Ref:3296002)   #17
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if he series will allow teams to switch back and forth between P2 and DP from race to race?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 09:33 (Ref:3296087)   #18
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Knowing Tucker he will enter both and switch to whichever one is winning.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3296160)   #19
freeballin
Racer

freeballin User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
No chance unless Seth wants to purchase a 991 on his own. Flying Lizard will not be a factory supported effort in GTLM. His goal in GTC was to sell customer cars so I don't know where that leads them now.

The current DP teams should have the costs of upgrading paid for by IMSA. The teams bought a platform they thought would be good for another couple years and set up budgets based on that. The thought that the series will be reduced to four DPs is preposterous.

Oh, and there's this...

Quote:
John Dagys ‏@johndagys 1h Just heard of the first European prototype entry for next year's Rolex 24 at Daytona. More news next week. #TheFuture
Someone should tell them there's no date on the schedule yet so the race probably isn't happening.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 13:17 (Ref:3296163)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems like you could probably add some form of Bentley GT3 to the rumour list next year.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3296184)   #21
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Euro Proto team at the Dayton 24 eh? My bet is that its Graves.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3296205)   #22
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do people thing that the LMGT works teams not currently competing in ALMS (im thinking the guys in the WEC Porsche, Ferrari and Aston) will send cars to the 2014 Daytona 24h now they have the chance to win the overall GT class in the race?

I know they have done it before for Sebring, so why not Daytona a race surely just as prestigious.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3296208)   #23
BullMan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeballin View Post
The current DP teams should have the costs of upgrading paid for by IMSA. The teams bought a platform they thought would be good for another couple years and set up budgets based on that.
lol
Old 30 Aug 2013, 15:19 (Ref:3296213)   #24
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Do people thing that the LMGT works teams not currently competing in ALMS (im thinking the guys in the WEC Porsche, Ferrari and Aston) will send cars to the 2014 Daytona 24h now they have the chance to win the overall GT class in the race?

I know they have done it before for Sebring, so why not Daytona a race surely just as prestigious.
Porsche will certainly have a Werks/semi-werks team in GTLM next year for the entire season.

L.P.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 15:27 (Ref:3296219)   #25
morningview66
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Porsche will certainly have a Werks/semi-werks team in GTLM next year for the entire season.

L.P.
Sounds pretty good if Porsche have a two car team with the new 911's and Corvette, SRT and BMW all field two car teams again next year, GTLM should be a nicely supported class with possibly 8 works cars.