Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Jan 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3702150)   #31
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If I remember correctly (dominant memory from 2010 is still the Peugeot engine detonations, and it still hurts a bit to recall) Autocon had enormous trouble with the car as soon as they rolled it off the truck from the airport terminal, completed very few laps in practice and qualifying (I see they qualified LMP2 mid-pack with an LMP1 car), and the transmission broke on the first racing lap.
Two or three years ago, Bentley and I (perhaps Tony too) had a very interesting discussion with a certain Mr. Chamberlain over a curry near Silverstone regarding this effort - in which he was 'allegedly' advising......
Old 12 Jan 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3702159)   #32
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Two or three years ago, Bentley and I (perhaps Tony too) had a very interesting discussion with a certain Mr. Chamberlain over a curry near Silverstone regarding this effort - in which he was 'allegedly' advising......
Judging by the tone and by what ultimately happened over the course of the week, I'm guessing every single word that came out of Hugh's mouth that week was studiously and steadfastly ignored by the team?
Old 12 Jan 2017, 20:42 (Ref:3702186)   #33
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very astute there Victor......
Old 13 Jan 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3702380)   #34
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
In Hugh's words, at least it broke early so he could go to the pub (without the team though).
Old 14 Jan 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3702491)   #35
Badlands99
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Searching back in my very distant memory ................

Didn't a certain Mr Palmer bin the Canon Porsche 962 at Mulsanne Corner on the first lap back in the '80's? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Old 14 Jan 2017, 16:05 (Ref:3702551)   #36
PascaLM
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!PascaLM is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands99 View Post
Searching back in my very distant memory ................

Didn't a certain Mr Palmer bin the Canon Porsche 962 at Mulsanne Corner on the first lap back in the '80's? Or is my memory playing tricks on me?
Yes, in 1983. But, it was the second lap and Jan Lammers was behind the wheel.
Old 17 Jan 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3703111)   #37
Badlands99
Rookie

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knew that I had watched it all those years ago ............... just couldn't remember who and when! Thank you for putting me right ........ and suitable apologies to Mr Palmer!