Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 27 Aug 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3569056)   #26
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far removed as I am from motorsport these days, I was incredibly shocked and saddened to learn of Justin's passing. I'll remember him as a quiet, selfless driver with an incredible kindness towards fans, team members and media. He was one of those drivers that made time for everyone whenever he could. He was incredibly talented, yet seemed to have bad luck in his timing with racing teams - indeed, he could have been a multiple-time champion if his timing had been better.

His organ donation will hopefully encourage others to fill out their donor cards - it certainly has me... something I'd always thought about doing, but never bothered to fill out the card. Justin will never be forgotten.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 28 Aug 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3569360)   #27
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought it might be good to put a link here in case any wish to contribute. As Andy and JHamilton mentioned, the stickers and T-shirts are also available at www.indycar.com.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/08/...bute-to-Wilson

Wilson Children’s Fund
c/o Forum Credit Union
PO Box 50738
Indianapolis, IN 46250-0738
Phone: (317) 558-6000

UK-based supporters can send cards and other condolences to the family to:

Keith Wilson c/o Lisa Davis
PalmerSport
The Old Post Office
Worthing Road
Southwater
West Sussex RH13 9EZ

Online donation options coming.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 13:57 (Ref:3569364)   #28
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RIP. Great driver and a great guy.
Old 28 Aug 2015, 14:03 (Ref:3569366)   #29
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching the race on the weekend and am as shocked as anyone else. Met Justin only once in person, at the trophy unveiling event in Toronto in 2013. It will come as no surprise to anyone that he was great to work with, truly wonderful with the fans at the meet-n-greet portion of the event, and willing to do the goofy "champagne" toast and tea-drinking poses with no complaints.

Justin Wilson leads a toast - Honda Indy Toronto 2013
by Richard Wintle, on Flickr

Laughing round the table with Justin Wilson - Toronto 2013

Tea on Bloor Street - Honda Indy Toronto 2013

Charlie, Justin, Jackie - William Ashley and the Honda Indy Toronto

The last time we saw him in Toronto was in 2014. Like many, I had been hoping for him to find a full time drive with one of the big three teams in 2016.

Justin Wilson pit stop - race #2, Toronto 2014

Wilson leads Power - Toronto 2014

Big props to Andy and IndyCar for sorting those commemorative/fundraising stickers and shirts so quickly.
Old 31 Aug 2015, 14:35 (Ref:3570253)   #30
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Updated Wilson Children's Fund donation info in case anyone missed it (online now available):

Online: http://justinwilson.co.uk/donate

Benefit merch from IndyCar site: http://shop.ims.com/indycar/drivers/justin-wilson/

Benefit merch from UK site (better shipping for European fans, more colours and clothing options than IndyCar site): http://www.petrolthreads.co.uk/justi...ibute-tee.html

Or this rather excellent tribute shirt: http://www.manifestgroup.com/justin-wilson-tribute-tee/

All those links plus information on other initiatives, auctions etc. courtesy of this nice round-up from Racer.com:

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/12...-where-and-how
Old 2 Sep 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3570818)   #31
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Justin Wilson

I first met Justin and his father Kieth in 1988 when we raced in Junior Cadet Karting.

We only ever encountered them when we ventured north to race, as they hailed from the Sheffield area.

We fathers were a competitive lot, using our young sons as our pilots, basically living our racing dreams through them...I must admit I never dreamt that these then very young boys would go on to become professional racing drivers, but that's what so many of them did.

Justin was a nice boy and his father Kieth was a gentleman who prepared Justins kart to to a very high and meticulous standard which I admired.

Justin was a competitive driver and was always to be found in the front bunch, which showed great potential.

Over the years I have watched these young kart racers become men and followed all their careers with great interest and pride, seeing them race and forfill theirs and their fathers dreams...in the words of the great Bruce McLaren about a lost teammate... "Who's to say that he didn't achieve more in his short life than many others who lived a long unforfilled life"

We don't enter this life with a guranteed life span, not for him the aches and pains of us who have grown old and frail and who never had that chance to grap life by the throat and race for glory like Justin did.

Thinking of you Kieth.
Old 25 Aug 2016, 00:37 (Ref:3667437)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just saw a post I made to social media 1 year ago today. I checked into a bar and grill in Kennewick Washington after a very long day of work and began to read about the accident at Pocono Raceway. It was announced 20 mins later the accident took Justin Wilson.

Gone but not forgotten.
Old 25 Aug 2016, 10:54 (Ref:3667477)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And may we salute his decision to become an organ donor, as it helped save a few lives