Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Mar 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3625359)   #226
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Speaking of Road Atlanta, check out what I found in a local comic book store in the 98 cent box yesterday:

Old 21 Mar 2016, 01:06 (Ref:3625361)   #227
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those are really nice. One of my regrets is not going
to the runoffs when they were at Road Atl. from 1970 - 1993.
That 1985 patch was the first year Valvoline sponsored
the event.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 01:44 (Ref:3625369)   #228
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Those are really nice. One of my regrets is not going
to the runoffs when they were at Road Atl. from 1970 - 1993.
That 1985 patch was the first year Valvoline sponsored
the event.
Thanks for the info on the 85 event. I may have actually been to that one, but Pops doesn't remember any specifics of events he took us too.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3625370)   #229
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Speaking of Road Atlanta, check out what I found in a local comic book store in the 98 cent box yesterday:

Sweet, I expect to see those stitched to your denim jacket in October.
Old 21 Mar 2016, 01:52 (Ref:3625371)   #230
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Sweet, I expect to see those stitched to your denim jacket in October.

The wife already told me I need to go to the thrift store and buy and 80s jacket to sew them to!
Old 26 Mar 2016, 13:05 (Ref:3627507)   #231
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Lots of tips to pass along but the access at Road Atlanta is excellent. When space is available, you can drive just about anywhere in the infield. Parking, however, will depend on where you end up. There's so many good vantage points that you'll want to be able to get to as many as you can, so good walking shoes and a raincoat are a must.

Will you be camping or staying off site? Advice is completely different depending on which option you are taking.

Start here:
http://www.roadatlanta.com/fan-guide/faqs

Thanks for the advice, good to hear about the viewing, as long as that's good then I'm happy. I'm a regular racegoer in the UK so quite often it's more than just a coat and good shoes!

I'll be staying off site, did the same at Dsytona, around 15 mins from the track.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 00:03 (Ref:3627695)   #232
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Thanks for the advice, good to hear about the viewing, as long as that's good then I'm happy. I'm a regular racegoer in the UK so quite often it's more than just a coat and good shoes!

I'll be staying off site, did the same at Dsytona, around 15 mins from the track.
Viewing is on another level from Daytona. On the shoes, you're probably want to sacrifice a pair for the track. Don't park a rental car on red clay or the track will take that too. There's a gorge of sorts that cuts the track in two, so plan your visits to corners appropriately.
Old 27 Mar 2016, 00:30 (Ref:3627698)   #233
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

In the month of so leading up to the race check back on the "trackside" section of the forum and feel free to ask any other questions you may have
Old 27 Mar 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3627701)   #234
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

You can either park for free across/outside the track and use the shuttle and your feet to get around or purchase a parking pass. I'd recommend a parking pass for freedom of moving about without relying on the shuttle.

Either way, show up very early for race day and prepare for some bottlenecks at the entrance. I've always camped for PLM so not sure how bad it is.
Old 31 Mar 2016, 23:55 (Ref:3629158)   #235
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
They planted trees where we camp!

https://twitter.com/RoadAtlanta/stat...09099166203904
Old 1 Apr 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3629258)   #236
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Not sure how much i like this. Gravel is temporary there, as it'll be in the creek in 4 or 5 years and are they making this a cut through?

I like trees with the best of them, but I give all those a 1 in 4 chance of survival. Three of those have been planted right where the "burnout drift flat brim ball cap" dudes camp....nice rock flanking that there sturdiness shall be tested in the muddy slope by some moron with two wheel drive.

Thanks for posting, joeb. I have a hard time following the twitters these days. We'll check it out first hand for you in 4 weeks!
Old 1 Apr 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3629277)   #237
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Not sure how much i like this. Gravel is temporary there, as it'll be in the creek in 4 or 5 years and are they making this a cut through?

I like trees with the best of them, but I give all those a 1 in 4 chance of survival. Three of those have been planted right where the "burnout drift flat brim ball cap" dudes camp....nice rock flanking that there sturdiness shall be tested in the muddy slope by some moron with two wheel drive.

Thanks for posting, joeb. I have a hard time following the twitters these days. We'll check it out first hand for you in 4 weeks!
The gravel is interesting, hope it lasts till the end of September, but it may need a few layers if folks are driving on it. I'm really interested in seeing what they have done to fix the parking area on top of the hill leading down to the paddock. That was a mess last year and short of paving, not sure what they will do - perhaps more gravel?
Old 1 Apr 2016, 13:27 (Ref:3629282)   #238
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
The gravel is interesting, hope it lasts till the end of September, but it may need a few layers if folks are driving on it. I'm really interested in seeing what they have done to fix the parking area on top of the hill leading down to the paddock. That was a mess last year and short of paving, not sure what they will do - perhaps more gravel?
Less paving at tracks is good for the park like atmosphere but bad for PLM 2009 and 2015 and Andy Lally at GA 2014? I like gravel.
Old 1 Apr 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3629294)   #239
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Try to throw this is in here for nostalgic purposes, reminding me to bring a sharper shovel and in keeping to the thread subject:

Old 1 Apr 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3629304)   #240
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Try to throw this is in here for nostalgic purposes, reminding me to bring a sharper shovel and in keeping to the thread subject:

My car still has mud on it, and if course everything else I brought with does too!
Old 5 Apr 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3630520)   #241
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for all the advice, very helpful.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3630794)   #242
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The wife already told me I need to go to the thrift store and buy and 80s jacket to sew them to!
Make it a "Members Only" or "Style Auto" jacket. An absolute must.
Old 6 Apr 2016, 21:09 (Ref:3630809)   #243
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Make it a "Members Only" or "Style Auto" jacket. An absolute must.
I'll get to work on it now.
Old 26 Apr 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3636379)   #244
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
We seen it. Call it the "serenity garden" and waiting for some yahoo to park a Jeep on a rock. I like it! Really classing up the joint.

Gravel is so nice my dad's TD took it with ease, but it's certainly some nice upgrades.

Just FYI, our drainage ditch was roughly in tact, but Andrew brought a 30 lb bag of grass seed / patch repair. We'll what comes of it, but this is how we left it after this weekend:

Well, the Englishman's Adidas didn't get left.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 03:21 (Ref:3636591)   #245
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
We seen it. Call it the "serenity garden" and waiting for some yahoo to park a Jeep on a rock. I like it! Really classing up the joint.

Gravel is so nice my dad's TD took it with ease, but it's certainly some nice upgrades.

Just FYI, our drainage ditch was roughly in tact, but Andrew brought a 30 lb bag of grass seed / patch repair. We'll what comes of it, but this is how we left it after this weekend:

Well, the Englishman's Adidas didn't get left.
That is hilarious, Andrew is doing his own grounds keeping at Road Atlanta! But seriously, glad to hear my ditch and levee are good.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 03:37 (Ref:3636597)   #246
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
That is hilarious, Andrew is doing his own grounds keeping at Road Atlanta! But seriously, glad to hear my ditch and levee are good.
I was pleasantly surprised myself.

Andrew is a special person that just gets it dun.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 23:50 (Ref:3661200)   #247
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
There was talk about getting in the gates on Tuesday for next year, and Road Atlanta is offering this again this year. All you have to do is buy the $350 season pass:

Hopefully Andrew sees this! Heck, I'd even be willing to buy his $50 camping pass if he gets the Fan Club membership and stakes our claim on Tuesday!
I've been away a while and this may not be seen but yes I purchased the Ultimate fan pass with Tues entry. No more sleeping the truck is worth the price, plus a free day of on track testing but no ST Lambos in 2016.

I was going to go this weekend and check on the lawn and over-seed but 95 and humid after 55 hours working in this week made me think nap/recovery was more important on Sat and the smoker was running Sunday. I will be up for the Fall Historics but only a couple weeks before Petit so not much to be done except maybe a little crown-raising on the water oak.
Old 25 Jul 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3661201)   #248
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I've been away a while and this may not be seen but yes I purchased the Ultimate fan pass with Tues entry. No more sleeping the truck is worth the price, plus a free day of on track testing but no ST Lambos in 2016.

I was going to go this weekend and check on the lawn and over-seed but 95 and humid after 55 hours working in this week made me think nap/recovery was more important on Sat and the smoker was running Sunday. I will be up for the Fall Historics but only a couple weeks before Petit so not much to be done except maybe a little crown-raising on the water oak.
Thanks Man! Do we need some more pop-up tents after last year? I can pick up a new one if we could use it.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 00:48 (Ref:3661208)   #249
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I replaced mine, couldn't make the repair straight, and bought a second, soon I'll need a trailer to get everything in. If I can find a small one I just might bring my smoker and do ribs. It is a 'wussy' electric one but wait we have a generator so there may be ribs on Thursday.
Old 26 Jul 2016, 12:53 (Ref:3661288)   #250
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I replaced mine, couldn't make the repair straight, and bought a second, soon I'll need a trailer to get everything in. If I can find a small one I just might bring my smoker and do ribs. It is a 'wussy' electric one but wait we have a generator so there may be ribs on Thursday.
Mmmmmm ribs!