Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the team of the Grand Prix is?
Mercedes 15 55.56%
Ferrari 0 0%
Red Bull 0 0%
Force India 11 40.74%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Haas 0 0%
Williams 0 0%
Renault 0 0%
Sauber 0 0%
McLaren 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Jun 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3740296)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Canadian Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the team of the Grand Prix is?
Old 11 Jun 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3740334)   #2
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Force India again, even if the situation at the end didn't quite qualify them as a "team". they did outperform themselves again.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3740367)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Force India.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 02:26 (Ref:3740380)   #4
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Mercedes.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3740448)   #5
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can it be Force India? Where was the teamwork, or the leadership? They spent so much time attempting to negotiate with Perez instead of do what was clearly their best option. If I were Ocon I would not be at all happy...
Old 12 Jun 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3740464)   #6
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Resultwise, it has to be Force India.

As for teamwork: they really should have discussed such things (do we let 1 driver pass his teammate, do we reverse the order if unsuccessful, etc...) beforehand.
Cue the "negotiations" with Perez, they clearly hadn't done that, otherwise all Perez would have gotten was a simple reminder.
A pity, while a better result remains doubtful, clear pre-race arrangements would have done wonders for the team spirit.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3740550)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Merc. first 1-2 of this driver pairing and a strong comeback after their troubles at Monaco.

personally i think FI made the right call not insisting on a driver switch but their lack of certainty about it made them look a little to sloppy to win TotR.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3740635)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
force india had a great race so they get my vote this time
Old 12 Jun 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3740651)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Can't argue with Merc's results, but certainly an honourable mention for Force India - though I'd have been happier if they'd made sure Ocon got a chance to challenge Ricciardo.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3740687)   #10
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Force India was impressive.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3740701)   #11
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going to go for Mercedes. A very good 1 and 2.

That being said, Force India are runners-up. Perhaps a bit of teamwork might have helped them out more? However, I suppose letting their guys race is better at this stage in the championship. They gave us entertainment after all?
Old 14 Jun 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3741450)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes. 1 2, what can you do?
Old 22 Jun 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3746153)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I enjoy reading the strategy reports from James Allen's website, as they always shed some light on something that a team could have done with hindsight that would have altered their race.

This time round, it would appear that Force India didn't maximise their potential as, although they split the strategies early on, they didn't continue to split them later, leaving them vulnerable to Vettel instead of managing to cover him with at least one of their drivers and get the other one ahead of Ricciardo. https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/...way-you-think/

With that in mind, I can't give it to Force India this time. I'm not going to see past Mercedes for Canada.