Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3759507)   #1
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Explantion

As I was talking to some people before we got onto a subject that is a very delicate one but had to be spoken about. Halo's and the Jules Bianchi crash. One thing I never could work out why Jules went into the corner so fast, now we have found out why. Where the crash was, in the wet, there was green flags out at the flag post. https://prnt.sc/g8pvqp (not sure what that top word is either) https://youtu.be/dJLQt3tiSp4?t=56

The question I have. While a Halo sounds like a good idea, is it going to change much. In the instance for Jules, while we hate to say it, Formula One Management made a mistake. Whatever happened that day I don't know, but being an flag marshall in training at my local race track in Australia, the first thing you do it put a yellow out and until the car is out of harms way, leave it out. Why was this flag out in wet conditions as a green flag, Jules wasn't to blame like some people say (the whole he was too fast in the wet) his visibility would have been horrible.

This brings me to the next point, whats the true issue with F1, is it the cars or is it actually little errors in F1 Management that no one will admit to. As someone chasing a career in racing V8 Supercars I know the risks of motorsport its dangerous. This gets me annoyed though at the fact of wasted talent due to a brainfart.

Anyway, off that, what are the views of the Halo, Mark Larkham from V8s has a point that I agree with, the halo isn't good for a fire, but what about a refine windscreen for the 2021 regulations
Old 15 Aug 2017, 13:35 (Ref:3759525)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, this old argument.

I'm not watching the linked video as it's probably the one that did the rounds at the time, but the green flag at the *following* flag point, however close to the incident, is the correct flag to display.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3759526)   #3
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1 View Post
This brings me to the next point, whats the true issue with F1, is it the cars or is it actually little errors in F1 Management that no one will admit to.
Is the whole post about safety being "the issue" of F1 and whether it is because of the cars or FOM/FIA/everyone who manages the safety.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3759528)   #4
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Greem beat me to it, but it is quite evident that the green flag was shown at a point beyond the scene of the incident; yellow flags were being shown at points prior to the incident. The correct procedure.

Secondly, the waved yellow flag shown prior to the incident is an instruction to the drivers to be prepared to stop. By virtue of the fact that Bianchi was incapable of controlling his car, otherwise he wouldn't have aquaplaned off the circuit, adequately demonstrated that he was not complying with the instructions of the marshals.

Furthermore, it is not the responsibility of FOM to instruct marshals on the running of races; that is the responsibility of the FIA and their Race Director.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3759549)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This subject was covered extensively at the time and I don't feel this thread brings anything new to the discussion.
Closed Thread