Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jul 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3283330)   #26
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I don't have a problem with the penalties that have been enforced. What I do have a problem with is the ones that haven't. If it is really too dangerous to put armco on exits (which pretty much means the wall of champions is out), then it's got to be the governing body that defines the track, not the drivers.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3283332)   #27
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say when watching the on-board footage of Romain over-taking Massa, for me it has to be one of the best overtakes this season so far. To carry the speed into that bend and make it stick takes some bottle. Kudos to Romain there I think. I hope he continues to drive at this level and cuts out some of the clumsiness we see elsewhere.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3283344)   #28
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Second, Button on the outside in his cars width, Grosjean's up inside and moves ahead. Surely it's the driver who is ahead to choose his breaking and turn in point. I believe the only reason Grosjean's straight lined the second part was due to the contact . This was a racing incident.
You would be right, but for the fact that Grosjean "turned out" rather than "turned in".

Some drivers need reminding that the car you are overtaking does not evaporate into thin air when they have disappeared from your field of vision.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 15:15 (Ref:3283350)   #29
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Some drivers need reminding that the car you are overtaking does not evaporate into thin air when they have disappeared from your field of vision.
they really do have an expectation that the passed car should slow down and get out of ytheir way to make it easier for them to get back onto the clean line.

im fine with it as a racing incident but its becoming harder and harder (if not impossible) to look at Grosjean tactics in isolation from all of his other incidents.

the Massa pass is a little less clear cut for me. great move but to pull it off he needed to use too much of the run off. would he have tried the move if there was a barrier there?

sadly i think he would have but that speaks to my belief that RG makes some questionable decisions. he's got speed no doubt but poor judgement imo.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:43 (Ref:3283379)   #30
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no need for a barrier at the exit of corner 4. Just a metre of grass between the kerbs and the paved runoff, graveltrap or whatever is best to prevent cars from hitting solid objects at high speed, and we would not have had this discussion. RG would, due to lack of grip on the grass, go even wider, and would need to slow down to get back on the track across the the grass just behind Massa.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3283382)   #31
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I did feel sorry for him with the Massa incident. I know the white lines dictate the race track, but it was a ballsy move around the outside. You could argue that Massa forced him out there as Massa's wing was right inside of Grosjean's car, if Grosjean had been further over to the left he may have touched with Massa.

However, ultimately this is another symptom of having acres of tarmac run off. If it were a gravel trap there like it was 5-6 years ago, then we probably wouldn't have had this discussion, because Grosjean would have ran wide and may have beached his car or damaged it etc.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3283385)   #32
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Just put a meter or 2 of grass on the outside of turns. Done!

Selby
Old 29 Jul 2013, 17:34 (Ref:3283394)   #33
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see McNish passing like that at turn 4. And surely if Grosjean gets the penalty, Rosberg gets one for cutting across (and into) Massa on the first lap, and Vettel gets a 5 second penalty for hitting Button as well!

The 20 second penalty was an obvious ****take since it dropped him 0 positions.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3283405)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well rather that than a penalty for the next race, a punishment that has ravaged motorsport like some hideous cancer.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3283415)   #35
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
It really was a bizarre moment...
lol, it's not bizarre, just Vettel letting Kimi know where he'll stand if he joins RBR next season