Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:33 (Ref:863379)   #101
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the comments from darcym and NGE about Jos personality, it seems you have'nt meet or know Jos at all.....

P.S Yes he is lazy, and yes he is stubborn but he doesnt just go and punch people like it has been claimed on here..

Last edited by Nizmo32_josh; 4 Feb 2004 at 23:35.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:37 (Ref:863385)   #102
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone notice that the EJ14 was using last years rear wing while testing at Silverstone?? They had this years larger rear wing on the roll out but yesterday it was using the smaller ring wing. Seems odd, why would they continue to use last years rear wing on the new car.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:41 (Ref:863391)   #103
Nizmo32_josh
Rookie

Nizmo32_josh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless im very much mistaken........YES I AM VERY MUCH MISTAKEN!!

yes you right Scott that is very strange..
Old 4 Feb 2004, 23:57 (Ref:863410)   #104
Scott75
Veteran

Unless they don't have enough spare's, but still you would think that they would use the new rear wing.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 00:34 (Ref:863448)   #105
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't know why but i think this one looks a lot like Arrows's last car.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 08:42 (Ref:863706)   #106
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Negotiations between Jos and Jordan keep dragging on and dragging on..sigh:

http://www.cezmedia.nl/jv/contracts.swf

love, bridget
Old 5 Feb 2004, 09:17 (Ref:863731)   #107
Scott75
Veteran

This is just a theory but if you look at the new Jordan's liveryve a look at the engine cover where that black line is. Why is it there?? I think that the 04.04.04 will be replaced with Black from the black line on the top of the engine cover down to the bottom with a big Trust logo on the engine cover. It's just a theory but I can't understand the black line. And also Jos will be signed and Trust will be major sponsor. I'll probably be proven completely wrong but you never know. Any Thoughts???
Old 5 Feb 2004, 10:30 (Ref:863796)   #108
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The whole thing is bizzare, sticking a 'sponsors' name on the car for the launch, when all parties deny a contract has been signed.

Mind you EJ has allegedly employed this tactic before, in his first year in F3000 he stuck a Camel sticker on Herbert's car to demonstrate to RJ Reynold's what a deal with EJR could do for them, this went onto lead to Camel sponsoring his two cars in F3000!

Having said that, without the Trust branding there would be no new names on the car at all, EJ keeps talking of the 'strong' sponsorship portfolio he has put together, but looking at the car at launch, B&H look to have reduced their branding by about half, Brother, CCTV, Liqui Moly and Damovo have gone, and no new names have appeared.

No doubt some brands will appear during the season, but it doesn't look too promising thus far, from a commercial point of view.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:22 (Ref:864203)   #109
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
... performance clausule ... a (shamefull) contract ...
Aren't these sort of performance clauses in just about every contract in F1? Look at poor Pizzonia! In fact - haven't we heard that Jenson Button has exit clauses in his B.A.R. contract if they don't meet performance goals this season? Fisichella had a similar clause last year - if Jordan lost Honda, he had the option of leaving Jordan. I think Michael Schumacher is probably the only driver on the grid without such a clause.

An interesting point was made by grandprix.com - Jos's salary will have to be paid from the sponsorship he brings. I don't think Jos is dim enough that he'd want a $3 million salary as suggested there, but it does give another reason as to why, despite Jos still being the favourite, the deal isn't as clear-cut as it may seem to us.

As for "No Jos, No Trust", I doubt Trust have that as their final, absolute bottom line. They're a fairly well-known company for low-end computer peripherals and F1 is a pretty good fit for them, marketing wise. I notice the Trust logos are still on the car at Silverstone today.
Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:46 (Ref:864237)   #110
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Testure

As for "No Jos, No Trust", I doubt Trust have that as their final, absolute bottom line. They're a fairly well-known company for low-end computer peripherals and F1 is a pretty good fit for them, marketing wise. I notice the Trust logos are still on the car at Silverstone today.
The CEO of Trust however, Michel Perridon, has stated that the link between them and Jos is unbreakable: If Jos doesn't drive for Jordan this season, then Trust will definetly NOT sponsor Jordan. I dont think there can be any doubt about this...although ..in f-1 ..you never know ...

love, bridget
Old 5 Feb 2004, 16:54 (Ref:864242)   #111
Testure
Veteran

Testure should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget Stone
The CEO of Trust however, Michel Perridon, has stated that the link between them and Jos is unbreakable: If Jos doesn't drive for Jordan this season, then Trust will definetly NOT sponsor Jordan. I dont think there can be any doubt about this...although ..in f-1 ..you never know ...

love, bridget
Well, more generally - in business, you never know :-)

I don't believe him.