Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 21 Mar 2007, 02:56 (Ref:1872777)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
12 Hours of Sebring

This was my first time at the track with a dSLR and I am pretty happy with the results. Not professional or anything, but not too shabby. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I posted as links to comply with the forum rules.

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20024%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20206%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20214%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20300%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20316%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20339%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20365%20ed.jpg

http://gagtos.com/jhamilton/Sebring%...20385%20ed.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 04:39 (Ref:1872804)   #2
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice. The last one particularly.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1873277)   #3
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some good stuff but take your time as you have loads of it! Try and get higher above the barriers next time...take some small steps maybe next time and take hundreds more..you have nothing to loose. Experiment with different shutter speeds...you'd have so much time on your hands as well...see how slow you can shoot with panning...you can get some great shots a night....check-out all the areas you can....might do it next year myself...who knows!!! Well done.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1873285)   #4
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
loving the picture of the intersport creation CA06H and corvette C6R, that has to be the best picture and then the picture of the corvette C6R on its own, the flame shooting out of the exhaust really makes it look good and adds to the look of speed
Old 21 Mar 2007, 20:39 (Ref:1873362)   #5
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapper Baz
Some good stuff but take your time as you have loads of it! Try and get higher above the barriers next time...take some small steps maybe next time and take hundreds more..you have nothing to loose. Experiment with different shutter speeds...you'd have so much time on your hands as well...see how slow you can shoot with panning...you can get some great shots a night....check-out all the areas you can....might do it next year myself...who knows!!! Well done.
When you say "see how slow you can shoot with panning" are you referring to the shutter speed? I found if I went lower than 1/160 I would have a tendency to blur the entire shot. I presume a monopod would help with this?

The only problem with taking a stair to Sebring is the level of adult beverages consumed during this event. If you only knew how intoxicated I was while taking some of these shots, you'd be amazed. There is nothing keeping me off of the walk-over bridge however. That is the only problem with Sebring is that there are catch fences and barriers everywhere and the racetrack is flat as a board.

Thank you much for the advice and hope to see you next year!
Old 21 Mar 2007, 20:41 (Ref:1873364)   #6
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
loving the picture of the intersport creation CA06H and corvette C6R, that has to be the best picture and then the picture of the corvette C6R on its own, the flame shooting out of the exhaust really makes it look good and adds to the look of speed
Thanks for the compliments...that shot of the Creation and C6R was actually an accident. The shot before it was very cool, but I mis-cropped it and haven't had a chance to fix it yet.
Old 21 Mar 2007, 21:32 (Ref:1873410)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JH, it needs a bit of practise....i can shoot at around a 30th whilst panning...sure you get more crap than good but when it works its good! Try shooting during a qualifying session and try...30th...60th...125th ...keep at it and you'll get the hang of it but you cant use a monopod at all for that. In fact, i never use one unless with some huge glass on the front....which i havnt got yet! Heres a few of mine for example....the nascar was shot at 800asa at 125th ... no flash, the Marcos/BMW was at 60th 400asa with flash....not blurred but shows you can shoot at a 60th no problem.
Attached Thumbnails
10-10 d.jpg   10-10c.jpg  
Old 22 Mar 2007, 03:39 (Ref:1873542)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a shot! No night racing for awhile, but I will be at the SCCA Nats at Rd. Atl. this weekend and will post my results.