Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the Grand Prix?
Nico Rosberg 15 14.85%
Lewis Hamilton 1 0.99%
Sebastian Vettel 0 0%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Felipe Massa 3 2.97%
Daniel Ricciardo 70 69.31%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 1 0.99%
Jenson Button 1 0.99%
Kimi Raikkonen 1 0.99%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Sergio Perez 8 7.92%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Max Chilton 1 0.99%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Jun 2014, 05:45 (Ref:3417312)   #26
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
yes,until run off the road by that other guy.
I give it to Perez. Pity he got punted out by that other guy. FROM BEHIND!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3417328)   #27
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very happy with the result and DR drove vey well, but Nico drove a wounded car into second place where his main rival broke his with the same problem.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:13 (Ref:3417338)   #28
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone is so reactionary...

...yes Ricciardo passed Perez with an awesome move, but was only ahead of Vettel because of the pit stops!

Mine HAS to go to Rosberg for leading, finishing 2nd, and setting fastest 1st sector times in a car that was 2 seconds a lap slower than his rivals. It was a stunning performance, and he deserved the win more than Ricciardo! Shame the car decided against that...
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3417341)   #29
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and credit to Max Chilton. An needless incident entirely down to a massive lack of talent when compared to the rest of the field.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3417357)   #30
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Oh, and credit to Max Chilton. An needless incident entirely down to a massive lack of talent when compared to the rest of the field.
Look at it again frame by frame before you blame Max entirely, and don't blame Max for Bianchi moving right and putting his rear right into Max's path after Max had caught the slide....

It's hilarious that Perez when was called for moving left when Massa had the better view and moved just as much to the right, and yet when Bianchi moved right into the space of Chilton and came into contact with Chilton's front wheel that is Max's fault...Huh?

Some of it is exaggerated by the camera angle but the decision is rubbish.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3417362)   #31
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mine HAS to go to Rosberg for leading, finishing 2nd, and setting fastest 1st sector times in a car that was 2 seconds a lap slower than his rivals. It was a stunning performance, ...
Agreed. Mega drive in a hobbled car. Has my vote, too.

Great result for Ricciardo who has driven beautifully all season so far. And notwithstanding Massa'a outburst and stewards decision, a great drive by Perez. And, of course, good old JB getting that dire old Macca into 4th, albeit with the help of others.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3417365)   #32
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3417376)   #33
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I went for Rosberg, for getting a wounded car home onto the podium - no wonder he looked so beat in the driver room afterwards!

Would love to give the points to Daniel and very happy for him but Nico's drive today was pretty special.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:38 (Ref:3417390)   #34
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Look at it again frame by frame before you blame Max entirely, and don't blame Max for Bianchi moving right and putting his rear right into Max's path after Max had caught the slide....

It's hilarious that Perez when was called for moving left when Massa had the better view and moved just as much to the right, and yet when Bianchi moved right into the space of Chilton and came into contact with Chilton's front wheel that is Max's fault...Huh?

Some of it is exaggerated by the camera angle but the decision is rubbish.
More than "some", I think. All the trackside cameras are using very long telephoto lenses that distort our perception of distance.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 08:44 (Ref:3417394)   #35
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
+ 1.
+ 1 more.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3417400)   #36
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rosberg has to be mine.

Riccardo won because of a better strategy and a bit more luck with traffic. And Perez having a problem that let him pass.
Perez drove well before turning into an idiot.
Massa was the only person behind the Mercedes actually racing, and unlucky to be taken out.
Button popped up from nowhere at the end. He's good at that!
Vettel drove well, but stuck behind Mercedes engined cars on a track that needs DRS and more power to pass. Lucky to finish in the end too.
Hulkenberg for another strong drive, but not quite as good with the strategy as his team-mate (until penultimate lap).
Old 9 Jun 2014, 09:15 (Ref:3417404)   #37
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was gonna give it to Rosberg, but he only held onto the podium thanks to Perez and his train forming skills.... Go Dan!!!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:10 (Ref:3417457)   #38
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Look at it again frame by frame before you blame Max entirely, and don't blame Max for Bianchi moving right and putting his rear right into Max's path after Max had caught the slide...
yeah, because at that point bianchi had LOADS of places he could go to avoid chilton, and he really wanted chilton to drive into him... no disrespect to chilton, he does a really good job and it's a shame his epic no retirements run has come to an end. but...

Quote:
Mine HAS to go to Rosberg for leading, finishing 2nd, and setting fastest 1st sector times in a car that was 2 seconds a lap slower than his rivals. It was a stunning performance, and he deserved the win more than Ricciardo! Shame the car decided against that...
i was about to say ricciardo till i saw this. don't know about deserving the win more than ricciardo, but yeah, rosberg did do everything anyone could have done to make the most of the gap he'd already built up and keep it as long as he could.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3417476)   #39
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
More than "some", I think. All the trackside cameras are using very long telephoto lenses that distort our perception of distance.
I haven't exhaustively looked at all the photos or videos I can find, but there is a set of photos in the main race thread that were (I assume) shot from a helicopter. No compression of depth in those! It does seem to show Vettle and Massa taking relatively parallel lines with Perez moving oddly to the left. I actually give Perez benefit of the doubt as it might have been braking problems pulling the car a bit or something, but as close as they were racing (and we love and want close racing right?) I find it odd to jump all over Massa.

It kills me with the complaints about boring racing and then when something happens while they are going at it hammer and tongs it is all the the blame game.

Richard
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3417521)   #40
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Daniel Ricciardo did a great job and is no doubt a popular win. I knew he'd be smiling from ear to ear after that one, although I think he was a little bit incredulous. It will only be beginning to sink in today.

Hamilton did well, although it's a pity for him it didn't work on the start. Still, you have to try and you know Hamilton will try, which is something to admire as a spectator.

It's difficult to assess Rosberg.

Massa did pretty well before the crash, but I thought he'd make more of a move earlier on the cars in front before the end.

Button drove a solid, but not spectacular race, but despite the attrition it was a decent result.

I have to vote for Perez, though. Beat his highly-rated teammate (until the last lap) and was nearly in the frame for the win. The Force India is very good, but even so.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:08 (Ref:3417526)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
It kills me with the complaints about boring racing and then when something happens while they are going at it hammer and tongs it is all the the blame game.
agree.

though equally, i think peat has a point and perez' usual "elbows out and give him a jab" tactic has bitten him on the arse finally. sure, it's not completely naughty but it's antisocial and sometimes if you get an overly keen opponent trying to pass you it WILL go wrong.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 13:10 (Ref:3417528)   #42
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am struggling, like you wouldn't believe , to work out who voted for Kimi...
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3417558)   #43
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
I am struggling, like you wouldn't believe , to work out who voted for Kimi...
Actually who voted for which driver is not a secret. Click on any of the vote count numbers and it shows you all!

Richard
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3417570)   #44
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
I voted for Daniel Ricciardo cause he's Aussie and he is the fastest driver on the Grid, imagine what he could do in that Mercedes

If Ricciardo was in yesterday's Merc I doubt he would've been near the podium.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:19 (Ref:3417571)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo for his debut win, or Rosberg for finishing on the podium in a crippled Mercedes? Rosberg, just.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 14:27 (Ref:3417575)   #46
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Ricciardo for his debut win, or Rosberg for finishing on the podium in a crippled Mercedes? Rosberg, just.
Did you watch the part when Vettel was passed by Ricciardo during the pit stops?

Not taking anything away from Ricciardo (he's a GP winner now, which is very cool), but Rosberg's drive was one of F1's best ever. It was his best ever drive and he very nearly won despite running around 45 laps with a car 2 seconds per lap slower than the cars behind him. Perez didn't help Ricciardo, but he ended up with similar problems at the end, so that's 2 drivers who drove better than Dan already!
Old 9 Jun 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3417647)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Did you watch the part when Vettel was passed by Ricciardo during the pit stops?

Not taking anything away from Ricciardo (he's a GP winner now, which is very cool), but Rosberg's drive was one of F1's best ever. It was his best ever drive and he very nearly won despite running around 45 laps with a car 2 seconds per lap slower than the cars behind him. Perez didn't help Ricciardo, but he ended up with similar problems at the end, so that's 2 drivers who drove better than Dan already!
I watched the whole race and the highlights, primarily to see the Perez-Massa crash again and deduce the cause. I took the pitstop into consideration, as well as Ricciardo's drive before and after and he drove superbly but it was Rosberg's drive in the crippled Mercedes that did it for me, .
Old 9 Jun 2014, 16:52 (Ref:3417651)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Nico in a very broken car ....
Old 9 Jun 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3417666)   #49
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I watched the whole race and the highlights, primarily to see the Perez-Massa crash again and deduce the cause. I took the pitstop into consideration, as well as Ricciardo's drive before and after and he drove superbly but it was Rosberg's drive in the crippled Mercedes that did it for me, .
I'd support that. Some reports say that Rosberg's car was 160 hp down..... which may go to show that hp isn't everything.
Old 9 Jun 2014, 17:34 (Ref:3417676)   #50
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd support that. Some reports say that Rosberg's car was 160 hp down..... which may go to show that hp isn't everything.
The power output of ERS-K is on demand instead of full time. It helps traction out of corners more than top speed, which is one of the best things Mercs do, but yeah, Rosberg have done a great job, better than Vet, Ric and Perez.