Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 31 Aug 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3128028)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 25: Atanta Motor Speedway - AdvoCare 500

The biggest Labor Party of the weekend...

JAYSKI

Was there on Tuesday last year, but won't even have a chance to watch it this year.

Go Dawgs.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3128043)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ambrose gotta keep the momentum going on a track he don't run to well on...
Old 1 Sep 2012, 02:02 (Ref:3128095)   #3
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hate that Childress let's his grand kids run the "3" in trucks and Busch.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3128189)   #4
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who gets it when they are both in cup
Old 1 Sep 2012, 15:01 (Ref:3128253)   #5
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if neither got the #3 in Cup. There are a few reasons, honestly.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 01:29 (Ref:3128696)   #6
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
:crickets:

Looks like NO one is at the Nationwide race. Looks kinda like the ol' IRL.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3128712)   #7
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reactions:

HORRIBLE CROWD for NASCAR: 50,000.

Great crowd, wow! for other American series: 20,000
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3129264)   #8
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
:crickets:

Looks like NO one is at the Nationwide race. Looks kinda like the ol' IRL.
Someone said that the race was blacked out in the Atlanta market.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3129278)   #9
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post

I don't know about the cup race but both the trucks and nationwide races were on T.V.

I mean last nights crowd was just pathetic. Everyone looked to be in one section of the front grandstands. They had two sold out college football games at the Georgia Dome on Friday and Saturday. Over 40K at the Braves yesterday afternoon. Bruton and Ed Clark are nuts to think that their one race on Labor Day weekend is "a destination event".

Oh yeah, 50% chance of thunderstorms in the forecast.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:38 (Ref:3129285)   #10
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yet it was 47,000, which certainly more than "great" crowds at Indycar and Sportscar racing, and don't give me B.S. about 134,000 people at Petit, that's over 4 days, you can typically divide it by two to get around actual raceday number.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3129294)   #11
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was the attendance for the Belgian Grand Prix?

They said during qualifying that the circuit lowered prices and the fans really responded.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3129305)   #12
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Yet it was 47,000
Quote:
The estimated attendance was 47,700.
from jayski

47K my arse.

Old 2 Sep 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3129344)   #13
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
Quote:
What was the attendance for the Belgian Grand Prix?

They said during qualifying that the circuit lowered prices and the fans really responded.
Biggest crowd I've seen at Spa since 2007, which was around 75,000, likely the same area for the this year. Way up over the 50k last year

Last edited by FordCosworthPanoz; 2 Sep 2012 at 21:08.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3129388)   #14
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Getting down to crunch time for the Chase hopefuls, just tonight and Richmond left before the field is set. Carl Edwards has to pull something out of the hat if he's gonna make it. I'd hate to see him miss it.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 01:53 (Ref:3129542)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As for the crowd, what do you expect with the opening of dove season, the opening of college football season and Labor Day in Georgia. Plenty of other things to do...I mean, I am at Dragoncon right now. Just kidding...I am I in EBF with the wife's fam, no internet access, got a little Jack Daniels, NASCAR mobile app, and a Carolina FM station for PRN in the ear, reading home nascar is taking over the world.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3129554)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Jr out in front, but that would Martin Truex. 35 to go.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 03:39 (Ref:3129566)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
That sucks big time for Martin Truex...
Old 3 Sep 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3129672)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Missed the last 60 laps... Hope Kyle makes the chase, he will make it interesting!
Old 3 Sep 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3129801)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Pity about Truex. Would've liked to have seen Gordon steal this one if not him. Young Earnhardt is in great form too. Yeah, there'll be fireworks if Kyle gets his hooks into the chase. I hope he does.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3129971)   #20
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Yet it was 47,000, which certainly more than "great" crowds at Indycar and Sportscar racing, and don't give me B.S. about 134,000 people at Petit, that's over 4 days, you can typically divide it by two to get around actual raceday number.
You may have been right FCP, even with the poor crowd in the stands. I forgot about the infield and it looked packed last night and those people come in for the entire weekend. They may be still there.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3131536)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I watched it, so it was on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
As for the crowd, what do you expect with the opening of dove season, the opening of college football season and Labor Day in Georgia. Plenty of other things to do...I mean, I am at Dragoncon right now. Just kidding...I am I in EBF with the wife's fam, no internet access, got a little Jack Daniels, NASCAR mobile app, and a Carolina FM station for PRN in the ear, reading home nascar is taking over the world.
Yes, there were two football games downtown, the Braves had a 3 game homestand, Dragoncon was here, and, where Field actually was, it was black gay pride weekend (not sure that would affect Nascar attendance too much... not that there is anything wrong with that).