Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Aug 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3762331)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Time for a separate race for saloons and Sports car < 2 litres?
Not sure. There's only one 'Spa 6hrs' and in my opinion it would reduce the standing of the event to have different races for different categories. It didn't work for the Guards Trophy, and as a result we have lost the Autosport 3hr race.....

Martin, where was the modern pic of the Ford taken? It could of course have been braking at the time! In CER events nowadays, some car ride heights are checked at every meeting, and Masters F1 do the same- mainly due to the fact many are 'ground effects' cars. It's very simple check! Maybe it's one of those regulations that Spa doesn't consider as high priority......
Old 28 Aug 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3762374)   #52
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, hi ; I must confess to randomly finding it in my photo folder, it's Spa, but not sue where ! If he is braking then the car should have failed scrutineering (another hot potato !!) cos I can't see any brake lights on .

Anyway, it's still a great spectacle of a race & I,ll be there as usual ; will be my 12th in a row although the last 4 only as an oily rag man & this time a pure spectator/beer drinker - see you there with my tape measure.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 06:52 (Ref:3762532)   #53
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It looks like the exit of Pouhon so leaning heavily

I agree the 6 hr doesn't want upsetting,it's a great race. something like a 2-3 hr U2L race would be good.

I've always Preferred longer races, but wouldn't enter the Cortina in the 6hr, and the Tornado has been slow progress, even if it was ready it's too old and slow for this race now.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3762561)   #54
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Exit of Pouhon may be but could be also entering Blanchimont one or two.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3764546)   #55
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The 6 hrs used to include sports racers twelve years ago and it worked.
Where did all these pre66 GT 40's come from.Now more than manufactured in deepest Essex
Our gang will be there with the Birch Elva GT 160 that hopefully should annoy a few GT40's and International Cobras wherever they were made.I want to be in pizza place by 6/7pm.
It's still a superb event and must be highlight of year for most discerning people rather than this weeks razzmatazz.

I
Old 5 Sep 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3764665)   #56
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quite agree, Unfortunately Arthur & new school means no Spa this year, and this coming weekend offers a rare opportunity to blow cobwebs off Brands GP circuit, I couldn't resist that opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
It's still a superb event and must be highlight of year for most discerning people rather than this weeks razzmatazz.

I
Old 5 Sep 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3764717)   #57
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Quite agree, Unfortunately Arthur & new school means no Spa this year, and this coming weekend offers a rare opportunity to blow cobwebs off Brands GP circuit, I couldn't resist that opportunity.
Is John talking about the football.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3764718)   #58
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
This meeting always the highlight, even the year I actually raced at the other place......

Just in case anyone going hasn't read the bumf supplied, to gain access before the weekend you need to have a printed copy of the 'paddock entry' PDF sent by your race Organiser. At the gate (either) this will gain you the correct weekend pass for your vehicle, which will be attached by the circuit staff.....
Old 7 Sep 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3765209)   #59
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know whether or not HP Tyres send a truck to Spa, or is there a European Dunlop distributor in attendance?
Old 7 Sep 2017, 16:50 (Ref:3765213)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Does anyone know whether or not HP Tyres send a truck to Spa, or is there a European Dunlop distributor in attendance?
I'm sure they are usually there, but suggest a quick email to them or call.....
Old 11 Sep 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3766139)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So.... Weather forecast not exactly stunning, but Sunday showing dry so far! I'm departing for a channel port first thing in the morning, hoping (a) The motorways aren't ALL closed due to accidents, and (b) That the ferry companies catch up after their 'adverse weather' delays reported this afternoon / evening.

Honestly, IMO travelling anywhere in the UK nowadays is just plain hard work, but once I'm on foreign soil, the wind can howl again (looks certain), and the M'ways can all descend into chaos again (quite likely).... That is, until the week after, when I have to do it all again!

See some of you at Spa.
Old 11 Sep 2017, 19:28 (Ref:3766141)   #62
Wriggley Monkey
Rookie

Wriggley Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I went to SPA in the Summer they had changed the connectors for the pit feed to TV screens and I could not get the TV to work.

However I have forgotten what type of connector I need - does anyone know what the relevant connector is ? - Old pits.

Thanks

Brian.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 20:11 (Ref:3766378)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggley Monkey View Post
When I went to SPA in the Summer they had changed the connectors for the pit feed to TV screens and I could not get the TV to work.

However I have forgotten what type of connector I need - does anyone know what the relevant connector is ? - Old pits.

Thanks

Brian.
If I get a chance to look tomorrow I'll post a reply!

The trip to Dover this morning was (amazingly) as smooth as could be, but the French strike was delaying things other side of the channel, so ferries were running late! Then, when we docked, it took over 30 minutes to get the doors open so we could drive off..... Not sure if mechanical fault or the strike to blame. Got to Brussels, intending to stop for the night, looked at the forecast and jumped back in the truck. Now parked up inside the circuit, waiting for the gales and rain.

Hope anyone travelling tomorrow (Wednesday) doesn't get delayed because of the weather......
Old 13 Sep 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3766451)   #64
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think its about time someone did a live stream of SPa 6hr, I'd be happy if it was PPV

perhaps tenthers could walk around with gopros on baseball caps to pick up a bit of atmosphere off track as well.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3766464)   #65
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I think its about time someone did a live stream of SPa 6hr, I'd be happy if it was PPV

perhaps tenthers could walk around with gopros on baseball caps to pick up a bit of atmosphere off track as well.
You expect me look even more stoopid?

Regarding live streaming, would be great for those at the circuit as well. Needs a bold production company and they would need 'sponsors' to pay for it all!
Old 13 Sep 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3766482)   #66
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'll chip in £20
Old 13 Sep 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3766485)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely you'd need smell o vision to obtain the atmosphere of blocked drains?
Old 13 Sep 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3766553)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wriggley Monkey View Post

Thanks

Brian.
This any help?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0997.JPG  
Old 13 Sep 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3766563)   #69
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I do miss the 6 hr but quite comfortable in semi retirement and flitting between Spain and the UK, both of my nephews will be there spectating/drinking beer/eating chips etc as they can't keep away.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Sep 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3767162)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just biked home in pooring rain to cheer me up . Anyone else watching live timing. Guess it's a GT 40 2.37 WTF
Old 15 Sep 2017, 17:47 (Ref:3767163)   #71
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah it's just been wiped off. Sorry
Old 15 Sep 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3767164)   #72
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging from some of the photos online today it look's like they've had some rain there as well Iain. No surprise I suppose.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:08 (Ref:3767166)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where is the live timing?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3767167)   #74
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Where is the live timing?
On this page Peter I think - scroll down to the 15th and click on live timing - seems to refresh every 10 seconds or so.

http://ris-timing.be
Old 15 Sep 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3767171)   #75
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
It states the 14th Sept on-screen initially but if you click Live Timing it appears to be correct (I think):

P.S. I already regret not going this year!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 19.15.55.png  

Last edited by gary396; 15 Sep 2017 at 18:18. Reason: typo