Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 May 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3078162)   #26
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i think we now know why Fogg will complete his ST in record time.. the guy spends his time working rather than gossiping haha

sorry.. i'm not a SR, a sr, or even a senior
Old 23 May 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3078166)   #27
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
i think we now know why Fogg will complete his ST in record time.. the guy spends his time working rather than gossiping haha

sorry.. i'm not a SR, a sr, or even a senior
Ok Maxi. But if I am told by a third person you are a SR I won't be so believing.
Old 23 May 2012, 07:14 (Ref:3078168)   #28
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
well i know for a fact that i'm not

so who are the 2 people that think they know me?
Old 23 May 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3078181)   #29
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcey View Post
sorry nzstfan.......i didnt realise you are a rookie....media and website.
people on the gate.........give it time dude and you will catch up
Yeah good one harcey, real slick. Thanks for the advice big brother, but its not needed, especially from someone who is just out to trip me up all the time.

So in your obviously experienced opinion what numbers do you have for R1 at HD?? Surely someone like yourself will have access to those numbers... so if you do, prove me wrong.....dude
Old 23 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3078187)   #30
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
well i know for a fact that i'm not

so who are the 2 people that think they know me?
Huey and Dewey so if Louie says it's you then GAME OVER.

Anyway I knew it wasn't you Maxi you are way to fast. You're not here just to make up the numbers.
Old 23 May 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3078191)   #31
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Anyway Maxi how are the MRX cars coming a long? any new photos?
Old 23 May 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3078200)   #32
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
so other words.. you made it all up :/

try looking at facebook or nzv8.co.nz if you want see new pics.. i'm busy looking at boots

ps/ get Huey and Dewey or Louie to contact me if they know a decent site that sells Gronell Tibets
Old 23 May 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3078202)   #33
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
so other words.. you made it all up :/

try looking at facebook or nzv8.co.nz if you want see new pics.. i'm busy looking at boots

ps/ get Huey and Dewey or Louie to contact me if they know a decent site that sells Gronell Tibets
Nothing made up SR. I will ask about the boots for you. I think Goofy may have a pair in your size if not he can PM Ronald Mcdonald for you.
Old 23 May 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3078208)   #34
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
hmm must be a slow night in the Jerico house
Old 23 May 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3078263)   #35
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This topic has gone so far off topic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFDY View Post
ADown south V8ST should of struck to gain that viewer block

LOL,

My out there prediction for the week,

V8ST will not run in the South Island next year,
and possibly not later this year either.

So how will that effect V8ST's south island gate takings?
Old 23 May 2012, 20:05 (Ref:3078479)   #36
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Jerico just insecure about his series with all the issues they've unsuccessfully tried to sweep under the carpet. claiming i'm a Simon Richards is his way of clasping at straws.. since i live in a different part of the country to Richards.. i'm pretty positive i'm not him with the way things are going.. i wouldn't be surprised if their winter series is changed to summer series next year.
Old 23 May 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3078527)   #37
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Yeah good one harcey, real slick. Thanks for the advice big brother, but its not needed, especially from someone who is just out to trip me up all the time.

So in your obviously experienced opinion what numbers do you have for R1 at HD?? Surely someone like yourself will have access to those numbers... so if you do, prove me wrong.....dude
yes i do nzstfan......but this is not a thread for believers.....however,half your stated number and take just a little bit more off and you have the 2x day crowd....cheers
Old 23 May 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3078547)   #38
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Ok harcey whatever, i can't be bothered arguing with you. I was there at HD for R1 and i know what i saw and heard. But anyway even if it was 10,000 (thats my number halved) thats still an impressive crowd don't you think when compared with the lame turnouts for the NZV8's over the last summer series?
Old 24 May 2012, 00:24 (Ref:3078585)   #39
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Ok harcey whatever, i can't be bothered arguing with you. I was there at HD for R1 and i know what i saw and heard. But anyway even if it was 10,000 (thats my number halved) thats still an impressive crowd don't you think when compared with the lame turnouts for the NZV8's over the last summer series?
Well I was there on the Saturday only, which was the less busy of the two days, and there were way more people there than I had seen at HD before, even for the F5000's. The car parks were using overflow areas in the adjacent paddocks which I had not seen before, either. So I would have thought that their weekend figures were not too far off, probably a little optimistic but certainly a lot more than the 50% that is being claimed by some.
Old 24 May 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3078591)   #40
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Here's a little something from the V8ST site that should shut Promax up (ha, as if)

V8SUPERTOURER DRIVERS RECOGNISED IN CASTROL EDGE GLOBAL RANKING
Created on Wednesday, 23 May 2012 14:07

For the first time ever - a domestic New Zealand V8 series has been included on the prestigious Castrol Edge Global Driver Ranking - and it's V8 SuperTourers.

The rankings rate every international driver in the world who is still active and competing, as well as listing the top countries based on the performances in the rankings of their listed drivers. All F1, Indycar, World Rally Championship, NASCAR, DTM, V8 Supercar and World Touring Car competitors are all included, along with those from every recognised top-line tin top and single seater category in the world.

V8 SuperTourers is the only New Zealand domestic series included, and V8 Supercars the only Australian touring car series from there included.

Greg Murphy currently leads the full time V8 SuperTourer driver field in the Castrol Edge World Rankings, but has points from the V8 Supercar series to include as well. John McIntyre, counting only the V8 SuperTourer scores, ranks second of the series' drivers.

New Zealand currently ranks ninth in the world in terms of the best racing nation, with its driver line up headed by high flying Scott Dixon, who is consistently in the rankings overall Top 20 - acknowledging him as one of the world's best of the best when it comes to motor racing. Dixon could be one of the drivers on the grid for the Pukekohe 500 on October 28 and 29.

It's a superb way to check out how your favourite driver ranks in the world today. There is a video explaining how it works and the link is below and a further link to the Nations' Ranking. Enjoy!

How it works:

http://www.castroledgerankings.com/h...o-how-it-works

Nation Ranking:

http://www.castroledgerankings.com/r...=75&series=All

Can't see any mention of NZV8's there for some reason...
Old 24 May 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3078592)   #41
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Back to the crowd numbers thing though - if you want to get bums on seats to an event I reckon a good trick is to put a race car and ticket stand in a shopping mall over a weekend, for a few weeks before the event.

You get loads of kids hassling their parents and it's very much here and now, bit like the Speedshow last year. ST were selling tickets, I can't recall if NZV8's were though (anyone??)

In Auckland you'd hit St Lukes, Sylvia Park, Lynnmall, Westfield Albany, Westfield Manukau and something like West City in Horrenderson. Put a driver there too maybe and a couple of grid girls and you're cooking with gas.

Tried to sell this idea to TMC years ago for the NZV8's but nobody wanted to know...
Old 24 May 2012, 00:55 (Ref:3078593)   #42
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand

Old 24 May 2012, 02:56 (Ref:3078604)   #43
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Thats not a bad idea GB, and i think it would draw some more crowds. Not sure about having it in Henderson though, as it will get nicked!

Saw the castrol thing yesterday on the ST website. Looks pretty interesting and i see that Seb Vettel and Mark Webber and 1 and 2 respectively - well on the page i looked at anyway. I still think that Seb Loeb is the worlds best all-round driver.

Thanks for posting those pics PM, what a great achievement for Greg Murphy....even though he's having a bad year in the supercar series
Old 24 May 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3078696)   #44
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Jerico just insecure about his series with all the issues they've unsuccessfully tried to sweep under the carpet. claiming i'm a Simon Richards is his way of clasping at straws.. since i live in a different part of the country to Richards.. i'm pretty positive i'm not him with the way things are going.. i wouldn't be surprised if their winter series is changed to summer series next year.
I'm helping on a ST at the moment and we have not had any real issues. Only wear and tear things. Cars not running hot and we use the standard radiator etc. New car so new things to learn, that's just the way it is in the real world. The new nzv8s will have issues aswell, but there is one issue it will have and it can't be fixed. This problem has dogged nzv8 from day one and it's going to kill it. Pit lane will be full of it and the fans will walk away like Holden fan already have. PARITY. I don't believe nzv8 can tune all the different engines the same with the ECU. People are still not that happy with the nz utes? Ok SR oh sorry promax.
Old 24 May 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3078728)   #45
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
i'm pretty sure my ip will say i'm in Hurricanes Territory NOT Chiefs... so i'm 100% sure i'm not who you think i am but i do admit i find it very funny how petty you are.. are this grudge thing you have with the Richards.. is so lame it's funny LMAO
Old 24 May 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3078740)   #46
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
i'm pretty sure my ip will say i'm in Hurricanes Territory NOT Chiefs... so i'm 100% sure i'm not who you think i am but i do admit i find it very funny how petty you are.. are this grudge thing you have with the Richards.. is so lame it's funny LMAO
It's true I was told at xmas you were simon's old boy. I don't know the guy. I wasn't going to say another word about it, but you had to have another dig. That's it for me.

Night Maxi. Sweet ST dreams.
Old 24 May 2012, 10:20 (Ref:3078742)   #47
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a need (market) in this country for people to enjoy motorsport as spectators.

There is also a desire for there to be race championships with New Zealand titles attached

These two statements are not necessarily the same thing.

What we have this year is a group of people who are independently running a promoting an entertainment package. A class of champions has been created as the focal point. Thus far, the public are voting with their wallet.

Even TMC could recognise that there is sufficient interest in other classes to promote meetings around cars which didn't fit their 'Premier' model.
They called it Tier Two.
Unfortunately the TMC organisational and promotional people failed dismally in selling the Teir 2 meetings.

New Zealand is a small population and motorsport is not this countries major sporting interest. The viewing figures for our sport and public casual interest is resonably high but more can be done.

This ****ing contest about NZV8 and V8ST is largely irrelevant.
The clock cannot and will not be turned back.
Given that all of the ST seats are filled there needs to be somewhere to prepare yourself to step up.
Because its not what you win, its who you beat.
Its an empty title if all of the drivers you want to prove you are better than are off playing in a different sandpit. Any 'champion' worth their salt will desire to compete head to head with the best.

Rather than concern myself with the distraction of one class, were I attempting to create a Premier structure I'd want strong championship classes with race cars that would develop true skill and craft - in and out of the drivers seat.

Formula Ford is real
A control, big Saloon class is real
A fast wings and slicks single seater class has its place
You need an entry level one make series
A GT saloon class is also good.

This is your premier model. One without the other four is failure

The challenge is to get grids of 20+ cars per class to every round of your series (100 entrants) with average budgets of $150,000 - $200,000
$65,000 for the field-fillers in FF and Entry Level One Make series

So how to make it pay? And how to get anyone interested in watching?
It isn't easy work. This is a large part of what our administration should be working on. That, and ensuring the base of the pyramid (club racing) is as strong as possible.

A democratic club based structure should be inclusive, not devisive.
Old 24 May 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3078756)   #48
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jerico and other ST fan boys, you should be aware that you don't speak for all NZ Motorsport fans. The "issue" as you call it is the one reason I would choose a NZV8 event over ST.
I WANT to see a ford engine in a ford car. There have been times over the last few years when the Fords suffered at the hands of the dark side in V8SC, but I was still behind the Blue oval, NZV8 will be the same.
Old 24 May 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3079019)   #49
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
There is a need (market) in this country for people to enjoy motorsport as spectators.

There is also a desire for there to be race championships with New Zealand titles attached

These two statements are not necessarily the same thing.

What we have this year is a group of people who are independently running a promoting an entertainment package. A class of champions has been created as the focal point. Thus far, the public are voting with their wallet.

Even TMC could recognise that there is sufficient interest in other classes to promote meetings around cars which didn't fit their 'Premier' model.
They called it Tier Two.
Unfortunately the TMC organisational and promotional people failed dismally in selling the Teir 2 meetings.

New Zealand is a small population and motorsport is not this countries major sporting interest. The viewing figures for our sport and public casual interest is resonably high but more can be done.

This ****ing contest about NZV8 and V8ST is largely irrelevant.
The clock cannot and will not be turned back.
Given that all of the ST seats are filled there needs to be somewhere to prepare yourself to step up.
Because its not what you win, its who you beat.
Its an empty title if all of the drivers you want to prove you are better than are off playing in a different sandpit. Any 'champion' worth their salt will desire to compete head to head with the best.

Rather than concern myself with the distraction of one class, were I attempting to create a Premier structure I'd want strong championship classes with race cars that would develop true skill and craft - in and out of the drivers seat.

Formula Ford is real
A control, big Saloon class is real
A fast wings and slicks single seater class has its place
You need an entry level one make series
A GT saloon class is also good.

This is your premier model. One without the other four is failure

The challenge is to get grids of 20+ cars per class to every round of your series (100 entrants) with average budgets of $150,000 - $200,000
$65,000 for the field-fillers in FF and Entry Level One Make series

So how to make it pay? And how to get anyone interested in watching?
It isn't easy work. This is a large part of what our administration should be working on. That, and ensuring the base of the pyramid (club racing) is as strong as possible.

A democratic club based structure should be inclusive, not devisive.
Nice post
Old 24 May 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3079025)   #50
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
Jerico and other ST fan boys, you should be aware that you don't speak for all NZ Motorsport fans. The "issue" as you call it is the one reason I would choose a NZV8 event over ST.
I WANT to see a ford engine in a ford car. There have been times over the last few years when the Fords suffered at the hands of the dark side in V8SC, but I was still behind the Blue oval, NZV8 will be the same.
I used to follow NZV8 closely and can honestly say with a lot of passion, but it soon become very obviouse to me that the ST was going to be of far more interest.
I don't think there would have been the commitment or the interest in the new NZV8, if it wasn't for the ST becoming part of and for the betterment of NZ motorsport. You only have to look at the interest already created and the following this series is getting, compared to the last season of the NZV8s.

The new NZV8 series with new cars will I hope produce some great racing for us all to see, it will create a lot of interest and discussion for all you NZV8 die hards. It will also give us ST fans the opportunity to try and be as negitive and as unjust as you NZV8 guys have been, but that will be a tall ask.

Could you explain to me what you meant in your post about FORD suffering on the dark side, I think I might know, but not 100% sure.