Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3119679)   #301
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
maybe people are reading too much into yesterday's press release

both sides said they talked to each other.. and talk was positive

the st side said NZV8s teams were welcome to enter their cc series

and that's about it

so, from what your might be suggesting........ there might not be a full merger, but an allowance for the existing non-ST cars to run in both series??

probably very wrong, but reading between a few lines of a press release
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:34 (Ref:3119690)   #302
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hmmm, didn't Didier What-his-name say something like, "We're taking them over," in relation to the NZV8's? I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the release...
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3119695)   #303
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Hmmm, didn't Didier What-his-name say something like, "We're taking them over," in relation to the NZV8's? I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the release...
you talking about this quote?

“And that is taking over the cars that have been built for the series and
amalgamate them with the Challenge Cup (which is currently being run for the existing NZV8 chassis).”
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3119697)   #304
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
you talking about this quote?

“And that is taking over the cars that have been built for the series and
amalgamate them with the Challenge Cup (which is currently being run for the existing NZV8 chassis).”
There's two words the same in there, so probably
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:44 (Ref:3119698)   #305
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
so, from what your might be suggesting........ there might not be a full merger, but an allowance for the existing non-ST cars to run in both series??

probably very wrong, but reading between a few lines of a press release
well that's what i hope
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3119700)   #306
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
From Speedcafe today:

Second round of talks planned to seal future of NZV8s
Tuesday 14th August, 2012
Author: Gordon Lomas ©

NZV8s future to become clearer at second round of rationalisation talks

Motorsport New Zealand will lead V8 SuperTourers to a second-round of talks to decide what path a restructure of the country’s V8-based touring car series takes next.

One of the points tabled at the breakthrough talks between the custodians of NZ Motorsport, under which the NZV8 series runs, and the independently owned and operated V8 SuperTourers was using the Australian blueprint as a way forward.

Both Motorsport NZ and V8 SuperTourers agree that there needs to be some form of rationalisation in terms of the structure of V8-powered touring car racing in the country.

“Yes there is no doubt there should be some rationalisation,” Motorsport NZ president Shayne Harris told Speedcafe.co.nz.

“In Australia you have got V8 Supercars and the Fujitsu series sits underneath it and it’s a reasonably positive structure.

“I see it as a proven structure and we would be silly not to look at something similar.”

Mr Harris confirmed that both his administration, the NZV8s and V8 SuperTourers are working together on a unified front to find a solution that suits all players.

“Unified is certainly the expression of the people who want a better structure,” he said.

Speedcafe.co.nz revealed exclusively yesterday that one of the steps forward indicated NZV8s and the V8 Challenge Cup, which runs under the V8 SuperTourer class, should form some kind of merger.

“What we’ve discussed is what other class of V8 racing we want other than V8 SuperTourers.”

“So we’ve got NZV8s sitting there and Challenge Cup and it just makes sense to have only one other class be that whatever it is.”

“A structure is one thing and the cars and what they comprise of and their make up that’s another discussion again.”

There remains a lot of work to plough through on the technical front if the mooted merger between NZV8s and the Challenge Cup series gets the green light.
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:57 (Ref:3119703)   #307
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Goat Boy;3119658]Anyway, back on topic...

So it will be interesting to see what happens in Hamiltron tomorrow, and at HD on Saturday at the NZV8 AGM, won't it? Anyone going? Maxi?

It should be a short meeting amoung very few, the future isnt being deceided at HD but else where
Old 14 Aug 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3119708)   #308
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
From Speedcafe today:

Second round of talks planned to seal future of NZV8s
Tuesday 14th August, 2012
Author: Gordon Lomas ©

NZV8s future to become clearer at second round of rationalisation talks

Motorsport New Zealand will lead V8 SuperTourers to a second-round of talks to decide what path a restructure of the country’s V8-based touring car series takes next.

One of the points tabled at the breakthrough talks between the custodians of NZ Motorsport, under which the NZV8 series runs, and the independently owned and operated V8 SuperTourers was using the Australian blueprint as a way forward.

Both Motorsport NZ and V8 SuperTourers agree that there needs to be some form of rationalisation in terms of the structure of V8-powered touring car racing in the country.

“Yes there is no doubt there should be some rationalisation,” Motorsport NZ president Shayne Harris told Speedcafe.co.nz.

“In Australia you have got V8 Supercars and the Fujitsu series sits underneath it and it’s a reasonably positive structure.

“I see it as a proven structure and we would be silly not to look at something similar.”

Mr Harris confirmed that both his administration, the NZV8s and V8 SuperTourers are working together on a unified front to find a solution that suits all players.

“Unified is certainly the expression of the people who want a better structure,” he said.

Speedcafe.co.nz revealed exclusively yesterday that one of the steps forward indicated NZV8s and the V8 Challenge Cup, which runs under the V8 SuperTourer class, should form some kind of merger.

“What we’ve discussed is what other class of V8 racing we want other than V8 SuperTourers.”

“So we’ve got NZV8s sitting there and Challenge Cup and it just makes sense to have only one other class be that whatever it is.”

“A structure is one thing and the cars and what they comprise of and their make up that’s another discussion again.”

There remains a lot of work to plough through on the technical front if the mooted merger between NZV8s and the Challenge Cup series gets the green light.
it will be interesting to see what the calendar will look like when they finish not sure if the Tulloch will want to run a short north island only series. and no doubt.. MSNZ will be keen to get them at a TRS meeting or two.
Old 14 Aug 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3119749)   #309
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
it will be interesting to see what the calendar will look like when they finish not sure if the Tulloch will want to run a short north island only series. and no doubt.. MSNZ will be keen to get them at a TRS meeting or two.
Indeed - methinks thou doth maketh sense!
Old 14 Aug 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3119940)   #310
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the yesterdays story on Speedcafe is no longer there....?
Usually only one reason for that.
Old 14 Aug 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3119946)   #311
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
I see the yesterdays story on Speedcafe is no longer there....?
Usually only one reason for that.
http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2012/08/1...ture-of-nzv8s/

There's a speedcafe.co.nz now
Old 14 Aug 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3119991)   #312
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
I have it on good authority that a compromise is about to be reached, and has pretty much been agreed in principle - I am not going into details but I suspect that the event at HD on the weekend will be to gain approval from NZV8 shareholders at the AGM.

The end result will actually be great if it comes to pass in the form I have been told. It may even please Promax!

So I will comment on it next week after we get the next press release, it would seem that Shayne Harris is quite a sensible chap in the end. Plus a lot of the people (not quite all yet though... SL...) that were the problem in the first place have now gone, which opens the door to getting things done properly and cleanly and openly, so let's hope that is what comes to pass.

Cheers!
Old 15 Aug 2012, 00:46 (Ref:3120038)   #313
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

So I will comment on it next week after we get the next press release, it would seem that Shayne Harris is quite a sensible chap in the end.
This is a stumbling point for me.
Misguided is one thing.
Stubborn to the point of stupidity is another
Old 15 Aug 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3120045)   #314
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus_nz View Post
This is a stumbling point for me.
Misguided is one thing.
Stubborn to the point of stupidity is another
Well possibly, but I guess seeing the light in the end is better than keeping your head in the sand forever. Nuff said...

P.S. Promax, are things still sandy where you are?
Old 15 Aug 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3120052)   #315
Vanishing Point
Racer

Vanishing Point should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well possibly, but I guess seeing the light in the end is better than keeping your head in the sand forever. Nuff said...

LOL... Very funny GB.....
Old 15 Aug 2012, 02:16 (Ref:3120056)   #316
Icarus_nz
Racer

New Zealand
Paradise
Icarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridIcarus_nz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
... I guess seeing the light in the end is better than keeping your head in the sand forever...
Agree 100%
I suppose for me, given what it's taken to get to this point (and we aren't totally there yet) and having seen it all before in the past, some humility from top would go a long way.
Esp around the $57,000 or whatever eh RogerH?

You watch - there will be a made scramble to paint themselves smelling of roses instead of full of what makes rurbarb grow well
(mangled metaphor but I think you'll get my point)
Old 15 Aug 2012, 03:43 (Ref:3120080)   #317
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't really care who comes out on top or what they smell of. The market is to small in NZ for dual series I'm glad good sense has come into play and we will get the best product on our tracks with good supports and we can talk about cars, drivers and not politics.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3120094)   #318
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I don't really care who comes out on top or what they smell of. The market is to small in NZ for dual series I'm glad good sense has come into play and we will get the best product on our tracks with good supports and we can talk about cars, drivers and not politics.
There'll always be politics, though - from memory our conversations back in the old days used to be about who was cheating and how some people were often unfairly targeted by officials and when TKR was going to fall over

Actual racing didn't come into it much!
Old 15 Aug 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3120095)   #319
Racer Mike
Racer

New Zealand
Racer Mike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some common sense has prevailed here but I wonder why. MSNZ have had their head in the sand for so long, they didnt want to know what was really going on in the Motorsport Company although they were the majority shareholder and accountable for what went on and now its ugly financial position.
They let their heart over rule their brain and use members money in the purchase of the NZV8 IP when it was effectively a dead duck long ago.
Now they have put their hands in the air saying we want to talk.

This has come from our president who nearly one year earlier strut his stuff at a V8SC event stating that V8ST will never get off the ground and they werent paying their bills for their cars and parts, from a man that drove the future car himself.
I know their have been some smart people involved in these recent discussions but something has changed the way MSNZ have been thinking and from what I understand even the Executive are now listening and pulling their un commercial, biased brains out of the sand as well. They are a big problem in our sport, not listening to what competitors want, making decisions that they have no idea about and have no commercial reality on decisions and implications.
Is this the end of the old boys club as we know it? Have the skeletons that keep falling from the M Fine locker been the key in unravelling this 20 year lockout. Can our sport take this lesson, the information from the review of the sport due later in the year and move into a 21st century business model and focus on administering and running the sport and increasing growth and participation, not running events. Leave that thought in the top draw lads and do what you are there for. Take advise and use expertese and pay good people to do the correct job in their chosen field or profession.
You pay peanuts and you get monkeys..........LOL. The poor man always pays twice and aint those last two comments the truth in this 20 year gun fight with knifes.
I would welcome anyones ideas here.
Old 15 Aug 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3120102)   #320
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
...and when TKR was going to fall over
Look out GB, you'll have Evomike all over you like a ill-fitting suit
Old 15 Aug 2012, 07:31 (Ref:3120134)   #321
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather talk about the cheating. Cars with light weight bars and who can turn off the rev limiter on the back straight are much more fun to talk about than politics. Now tkr has done some good at the start but after the things I read here I'm amazed that they still have shirts to sell let alone on there backs.

Bring on quality Motorsport hope we have the deal sorted to announce at the fathers day 400 and nz motorsport fans have racing to focus on
Old 15 Aug 2012, 07:56 (Ref:3120141)   #322
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Bwahaha actually it was VERY sandy where i was today if i only i had taken my fishing rod with me
Old 15 Aug 2012, 07:59 (Ref:3120142)   #323
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point View Post
LOL... Very funny GB.....
aww you're not going to rush to my defence.. like you did with your boyfriend? oh well
Old 15 Aug 2012, 08:02 (Ref:3120143)   #324
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I'd rather talk about the cheating.
.. you mean like how International Motorsport were cheated out of this year's sprint title?
Old 15 Aug 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3120156)   #325
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
.. you mean like how International Motorsport were cheated out of this year's sprint title?
Oooohhh, and Evomike thinks I don't pull any punches! Nice upper-cut PM.

But seriously, you raise a valid point. I never read any explanation about how JMac got his points back at the last round. So at a time when people are demanding transparency in the sport, there was none to be seen there.

I wonder if that's one of the reasons they cancelled the order for the third car.