Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:12 (Ref:877487)   #1
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
graves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help!! Camping at Silverstone?

Can someone please help me with information on camping facilities around Silverstone during the Grand Prix weekend. Names, adresses, phone numbers etc. Many thanks.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:33 (Ref:877514)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Try Whittlebury Golf club campsite fella, thats where i stay, £85 wether you stay there a week or a night, but they provide beer tent and toilets, what more do you need??????? , plus it's only 10 minutes walk (if you stay in Copse field [they name the different fields]) to the circuit....main enterance.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Mr V; 17 Feb 2004 at 20:36.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:36 (Ref:877517)   #3
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
Cheers mate!!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:37 (Ref:877518)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
The phone number is......

01327-858092
Old 17 Feb 2004, 20:39 (Ref:877520)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its a good site ...ive stayed there before too !

Last edited by Sato san; 17 Feb 2004 at 20:40.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 21:31 (Ref:877604)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unfortunately I won't be camping.....I'm at a hotel on a coach trip. So there'll be no sitting in the sun with a six pack or sizzling barbecues. Just buttered toast and a well worn bed.

God.
Old 17 Feb 2004, 21:37 (Ref:877616)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Im sorry £85 to camp at Silverstone?

Is that a joke?

I have booked tickets with the intention of finding a campsite, is the cheapest campsite £85?
Old 17 Feb 2004, 21:51 (Ref:877634)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Easy tiger!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 22:26 (Ref:877667)   #9
Katieknight1984
Rookie

Katieknight1984 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
knowlesy same as,i will have a lovely warm bed and a tv too,lets hope it dont rain i wouldnt want anyone getting wet.
There must be times when Joann Villeneuve still doubts her wisdom in letting Jacques step in to that little kart at Imola all those years ago, but race fans around the world are eternally grateful, for in Jacques we have a racer of the old school, and a legend in his own right.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 07:48 (Ref:878008)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Windmill farm campsite is about £15 a night i think...Ive stayed there too , but there is no real falcilites as its just a farmers field...

still good fun though !
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:43 (Ref:878243)   #11
Red Baron
Racer

United Kingdom
Wiltshire
Red Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If price is your main driver, try the two fields opposite the main entrance, behind the Jordan garage (I forget the name of the site). You don't need to book either; just turn up, pay (£15-20 a night per tent) and pitch your tent.

There aren't any real facilities to speak of except toilets, but then it is cheap......and it's only 2 minute walk to the circuit and the beer tents etc....
Old 18 Feb 2004, 14:14 (Ref:878330)   #12
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the local farmers let out their fields to campers during the Silverstone weekend. Yes, as Red Baron says, it's a lot cheaper than £80.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 20:26 (Ref:878664)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by The Monster
Im sorry £85 to camp at Silverstone?

Is that a joke?

Well, as i said, that could be for a week. Think about it, if you camp for 3 nights (thursday - sunday) and theres 3 of you in a tent, thats less than a tenner each per night.
Old 19 Feb 2004, 15:18 (Ref:879416)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Baron
try the two fields opposite the main entrance, behind the Jordan garage (I forget the name of the site).
I think there called Litchlake sites ?
Old 22 Feb 2004, 19:50 (Ref:882069)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Katieknight1984
knowlesy same as,i will have a lovely warm bed and a tv too,lets hope it dont rain i wouldnt want anyone getting wet.
Is that some kind of thinly veiled offer?

Call me mad, but I wish I was camping. I love it, even if it's pouring with rain!
Old 28 Feb 2004, 16:21 (Ref:888283)   #16
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I've now got my weekend ticket booked up and it looks like I'll be staying at this campsite as well so I'll see you guys there .
Old 30 Jan 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1213309)   #17
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to my first BGP since Damon famously took Schuey off at Bridge corner! Bringing my 9yr old son for his first taste of F1.

We used to camp right outside the main entrance and it used to be very lively ;o( ,so now we will be looking for somewhere quieter (It's an age thing!). Does anyone know of a site that has 'mains hook up' for caravans etc?
Old 15 May 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1610843)   #18
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I know the previous post was from 2005 and sorry for digging up an age old one but it still has a few relevant posts I think!

Also I am looking for anyone who will be camping with a tent only... I am camping in a van and as many of the sites charge for a car and tent combined, it could be worthwhile to to share. Please PM me

I've not booked yet so could consider any of the sites close to the circuit.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 19 May 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1614414)   #19
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
I know the previous post was from 2005 and sorry for digging up an age old one but it still has a few relevant posts I think!

Also I am looking for anyone who will be camping with a tent only... I am camping in a van and as many of the sites charge for a car and tent combined, it could be worthwhile to to share. Please PM me

I've not booked yet so could consider any of the sites close to the circuit.
The campsite adjacent to the main circuit entrance is very good, although we ended up 45 mins from the circuit (walking) in a farmers field on rough ground! If you wish to go to the adjacent site then you will need to be there Wednesday or Thursday to make sure that you get a pitch.

Don't panic if you can't as there are many quaint (villagers gardens!) places to pitch on the old A43 through Silverstone village. Very friendly and close to the circuit and village pubs. We are not going this year due to Silverstone charging for a spot on the Luffield and Copse terrace above the normal Bronze admission fee, penny pinching greedy BRDC.
Old 29 May 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1622121)   #20
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a bit of a selfish note, I hope I didn't have to specify what size tent I am bringing to the Whittlebury camp site as I have now borrowed a large tent from a friend, (its a nine man!!) which is twice the size of my old one.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1628470)   #21
Rainer
Rookie

Rainer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Camping

I am going to Silverstone on Saturday morning. Does anyone know what the best place for camping would be? Search for something rather quiet with washing facility and possibly near restaurant/pub.
Would appreciate any tips!
Thanks
Old 7 Jun 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1629498)   #22
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the sites I saw (and was at), I'd recommend Litchlake Farm. It's pretty much the closest to the circuit - Silverstone village is a fairly short walk away, and it (was) quite cheap. Memory's fuzzy as to the financials though.
Old 1 Oct 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1724742)   #23
graves
Racer

England
Sheffield UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
From the sites I saw (and was at), I'd recommend Litchlake Farm. It's pretty much the closest to the circuit - Silverstone village is a fairly short walk away, and it (was) quite cheap. Memory's fuzzy as to the financials though.
Camped here for the last two years. Seems fine. Very handy for main entrance. A little noisy due to fun fair at one end. £30 a night.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1840591)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Silverstone camping.

Yo. A few questions about ca,ping for the British GP:

What is the camping at Silverstone like? Whats the best site to go for? What are the booking fees?

Cheers!
Old 13 Feb 2007, 18:53 (Ref:1840607)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I did the camping thing in 2005 at a place called (from memory) Litchlake. I think it was about £40 per night or something silly like that.

It did the job though and was a five minute walk to the circuit. There are also merchandise and memorabilia stores on site. It's better than staying in a motel miles away and the atmosphere is great.

Just two problems: the queue for the showers was hideous and I got woken at 3 in the morning on raceday by some folk setting off fireworks and blasting Status Quo out at full blast x10. David Coulthard fans obviously.