Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Dec 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1785772)   #26
Hammerdown
Racer

United Kingdom
Clevedon, UK
Hammerdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now you're asking!

I suppose we'd have to ask Creation, and prepare some drawings (side, front and plan view?) so that people could download them and get to work with their crayons.

Personally, I'm going to have a play on Photoshop. I still haven't seen the photos, cos I don't have DSC yet (please, Santa!).
Old 11 Dec 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1788487)   #27
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I do like creation as a team - very easy to deal with...
Agree 100%. Mike was very gracious both times I had a chance to chat with him at Laguna Seca this year. Everyone loves an underdog, especially a British one...
Old 12 Dec 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1788742)   #28
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by canam
I think Creation should re-think their livery.
So do I! New era, new livery.

And I like the competition idea. We've seen some fantastic offerings from budding 'paintshoppers' on this forum over the last few years, so why not.
Old 12 Dec 2006, 10:55 (Ref:1788825)   #29
eddsc
Racer

eddsc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The plan is to have a completely revised livery - so you can all put your crayons away!
Old 12 Dec 2006, 23:34 (Ref:1789390)   #30
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Freind of mine emailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romans
I emailed Engine Developments Ltd. yesterday if the new GV5.5 S2 will comply with the 113 Db noise limit for 2007.

Their response:

The fact is that the 5,5 litre engine will run at lower rpm than the 5,0 litre, so this will reduce the noise measured. As it was the 5,0 litre cars were already very close to the noise limit, so only a small amount of silencing will be necessary.

Source: http://www.theraceforum.com/index.cf...&form_cat_id=1

Old 13 Dec 2006, 07:54 (Ref:1789609)   #31
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddsc
The plan is to have a completely revised livery - so you can all put your crayons away!
Great news but...it would be really nice to have a competitition anyway!
Old 15 Dec 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1791242)   #32
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't had a chance to look through the article properly yet, but it would appear that Bicks has filled in a lot of the detail of this project for Laurent Chauveau (Endurance-Info) when they met at the Le Mans Series Awards bash.

If anyone fancies a bit of translating, the article (in French) is here, otherwise I'll do it later.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1791494)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm not translating it all, but these are the main points covered in Ian Bickerton's chat with Laurent Chauveau:

First contact between AIM and Creation was about 18 months ago. AIM were looking for an engine builder. They contacted Ian Bickerton who subsequently put them in contact with John Judd, and that's how the AIM/Engine Developments partnership was formed. Then, gradually, Mr Suzuki (AIM) started to consider the possibility of racing one car, then two, then dreamt of winning Le Mans, which led to the partnership with Creation and this exclusive engine deal. The design stage for the new block began about 6 months ago and it is already in build. The first bench test is scheduled for June. The capacity of the new engine will be 5.5 litres, the same as the new GV5.5.

There will be an all new Creation for the 2008 campaign. This car will not be a coupe. The coupe will break cover in 2009 (but the article does not make it clear whether the coupe will actually race in 2009, or just test in preparation for 2010 and the new regs). KWM will continue their involvement.

Briefly, Sebring/PLM/Laguna definite, the remainder of the ALMS cannot yet be confirmed. In Europe, new tub, full season in LMS. Nic Minassian is in talks with a number of teams for 2007, so is unable to make any announcement at present. JCW and Felipe Ortiz, on the other hand, will both be racing with Creation in 2007.

Bicks also hints that the results from the first bench tests for the new 2007 GV5.5 were extremely good.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1791609)   #34
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03

Bicks also hints that the results from the first bench tests for the new 2007 GV5.5 were extremely good.
We wish them great success. Good to see more then two cars being competitive.
Old 15 Dec 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1791620)   #35
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
???????????

??
Quote:
I thought this was the GV5-S2. And that the increase in c.i.d. was part of the S2 designation.

So is this a GV5.5, GV5-S2/5.5, GV5-S2 ???

L.P.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1792685)   #36
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
You had the GV5. In 2006 Judd came with an improved specification: GV5 S2; so the first spec is known as GV5 S1.

In 2007 Judd will come with an increased volume (5.5 litre i.s.o. 5 litre). This will be known as GV5.5 S2 (according to http://www.mulsannescorner.com/newsjuly06.html).

People tend to shorten the name to GV5.5.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 09:18 (Ref:1813056)   #37
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Having linked to Mike's site (MulsannesCorner.com) to have a look at his take on the new Peugeot, I spotted an interesting piece relating to Creation. Bicks had a chat with Mike before Christmas and some interesting facts which I haven't seen logged elsewhere have come out of that chat.

Take a look, it's immediately below the Peugeot article.......
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:15 (Ref:1813137)   #38
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
all sounds like a big compliment to creation and bickertons crew........good luck to them........am surprised all judd are doing is opening the V angle to 90 degrees.......easier said then done though - I can imagine its actually a major re-work......but I know they recently re-designed the heads and saved about 20Kg off the total engine weight - the new heads certainly looked a more slender design.......I would not be surprised to hear they went the finger follower route - like all F1 engines nowdays - as it makes the head casting real minimal and lightweight.....hopefully they have made more room in the crank case for a longer stroke and can start looking at a 6 litre version........the 5.0 is a good engine, I think the 5.5 will be a cracking engine with bags more torque - I think its only a matter of time before Judd start evaluating a 6.0 version

Last edited by knighty; 12 Jan 2007 at 11:19.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1813143)   #39
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
all sounds like a big compliment to creation and bickertons crew........good luck to them........am surprised all they are doing is opening the V angle to 90 degrees......but I know they recently re-designed the heads and saved about 20Kg off the total engine weight - the new heads certainly looked a more slender design.......I would not be surprised to hear they went the finger follower route - like all F1 engines nowdays - as it makes the head casting real minimal and lightweight.....hopefully they have made more room in the crank case for a longer stroke and can start looking at a 6 litre version........the 5.0 is a good engine, I think the 5.5 will be a cracking engine with bags more torque - I think its only a matter of time before Judd start evaluating a 6.0 version
John Judd's comment isn't meant literally! I was asking if they were in the position to release any images (CAD or otherwise) and that's how he generally described the engine. Have no reason to think this new engine won't be completely reworked.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 14:23 (Ref:1814269)   #40
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
all sounds like a big compliment to creation and bickertons crew........good luck to them........am surprised all judd are doing is opening the V angle to 90 degrees.......easier said then done though - I can imagine its actually a major re-work......but I know they recently re-designed the heads and saved about 20Kg off the total engine weight - the new heads certainly looked a more slender design.......I would not be surprised to hear they went the finger follower route - like all F1 engines nowdays - as it makes the head casting real minimal and lightweight.....hopefully they have made more room in the crank case for a longer stroke and can start looking at a 6 litre version........the 5.0 is a good engine, I think the 5.5 will be a cracking engine with bags more torque - I think its only a matter of time before Judd start evaluating a 6.0 version
correct, it probably wont be very long before judd start on a 6.0 V10 engine, probably by 2010 we will have a 6.0 judd V10.

i would have thought that AIM/judd would have to completely overhaul the engine, not just for the 90degree reangling of the 5.5 V10, but also to run the engine on ethanol.

but whatever way we look at it we always know one thing, judd will always be very well represented in LMP1 and also represented in LMP2 although, it appears the judd XV V8 is having to play second fiddle to the AER 4 pot turbo engine.
Old 13 Jan 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1814333)   #41
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i would have thought that AIM/judd would have to completely overhaul the engine, not just for the 90degree reangling of the 5.5 V10, but also to run the engine on ethanol.
Frankly not sure how we can comment on what the AIM V10 will and won't have, precious few details have been released. In fact Bicks mentioned to me that Creation are very pro-alternative fuels and are pushing the ACO on the point as there aren't many regulations in place to acknowledge them specifically. His quote was something along the lines that "The regulations don't lean toward them..." but that he was putting forth a proposal to the ACO regarding bio-fuels. We'll see.