Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Sep 2007, 07:09 (Ref:2022304)   #426
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky you!.So far I,ve only got [Hopefully] 3.5 hrs=3 in the six hour+0.5 on Sunday Morning.I have never looked forward so much for the Six Hr Weekend,I think it will be one to remember!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 09:43 (Ref:2022418)   #427
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm looking forward to this too. I have four hours of racing and 60 mins of qualifying (roughly). That means no sampling of the culinary delights at the Beau Site until Sunday evening.

[EDIT] At the request of the management I'm told we'll be enjoying the delights of the Beau Site on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Management
Thursday (in particular) and Friday

So there you have it.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 25 Sep 2007 at 11:47.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:34 (Ref:2022503)   #428
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
just fitted my new engine and it started ok . . . . I wouldn't say its running well but its booked in to the rolling road Fri am . . . . . . .
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:44 (Ref:2022512)   #429
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like I have a relatively 'easy' weekend compared to the rest of you (since I'm not doing the six hours, alas).

Just an hour and 20 mins. of practice, plus two hours racing (U2TC in the GTA, and Top Hat in the SZ).

A friend who's racing in the six hours told me he had included me in his 'team' for the six hours. Not to race, you understand, but he was sure I wouldn't mind helping with the teas and coffees for the drivers in that team.

The immediate word that sprang to mind was a quaint Anglo-Saxon term for a part of the female anatomy, much favoured by D.H. Lawrence.

Much as I'd love to stay and watch the whole of the six hours from the pit wall, I suspect I will be on my third beer in the bar by 8pm....!

Regards,

James
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2022520)   #430
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C--ould be on you,r forth if you,r near Peter,s and my garage!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2022521)   #431
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
I've just gone through the timetable and worked out I am entered in 4 1/4 hours of qualifying and 13 hours of races. Not all driving by myself as will of course be sharing in a couple of races (including the 6 hour) but it is certainly going to be a marathon weekend!
Hope you have saved a window free for the Lobster Thermidor from the hospitality truck ;-)
Old 25 Sep 2007, 11:52 (Ref:2022522)   #432
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
just fitted my new engine and it started ok . . . . I wouldn't say its running well but its booked in to the rolling road Fri am . . . . . . .

The Big ones never run too well anything under 5000 Zef.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2022533)   #433
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Hope you have saved a window free for the Lobster Thermidor from the hospitality truck ;-)
Unlikely. The wife, 3.5 year old son and 18 month old daughter will be in tow - just to keep me busy!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:00 (Ref:2022578)   #434
provapr
Rookie

provapr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi everyone,

Will there be anyone at the back for me to play with in my sky blue A40?!

Kind regards,

Richard
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:16 (Ref:2022594)   #435
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its unlikely that you will be at the back Richard.

Weather Forecast link. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4559
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:45 (Ref:2022619)   #436
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
rain will put all the exciteable johnnies in the kitty litter - however it is only fair to point out that this is the forecast for this week and you lot are talking about next week!
I am off to Cape Town so will hopefully be in the sun!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:01 (Ref:2022635)   #437
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look here:

http://tinyurl.com/ywplzt

...you will see that the current forecast for Spa is rain on the Thursday and friday, but sunny thereafter...

fingers crossed!

James
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:06 (Ref:2022643)   #438
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
however it is only fair to point out that this is the forecast for this week and you lot are talking about next week!
Yes it does update.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:21 (Ref:2022659)   #439
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unlikely. The wife, 3.5 year old son and 18 month old daughter will be in tow - just to keep me busy!
??
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:23 (Ref:2022661)   #440
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So are thier forcasters better than our,s?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2022679)   #441
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
is that a success ballast?!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:48 (Ref:2022682)   #442
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The FPO will be keeping me on a tight rein - Fun Prevention Officer.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2022691)   #443
simon drabble
Veteran

so that is why you are spending so much time in the car racing!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:04 (Ref:2022702)   #444
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
so that is why you are spending so much time in the car racing!
one good thing about it, for us is that its genrally known that wife and kids trackside lower your laptimes
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:05 (Ref:2022704)   #445
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
i meant slow down your laptimes
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:10 (Ref:2022707)   #446
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
So ,you will be behind Peter and myself?
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:11 (Ref:2022708)   #447
simon drabble
Veteran

because you put it sideways for the photo opportunities? Dont worry Roger does that anyway!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:16 (Ref:2022711)   #448
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Only one problem about the forecast rain,apparently it won,t be on Saturday
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2022715)   #449
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Only one problem about the forecast rain,apparently it won,t be on Saturday
unless I am missing something I am not sure how they can predict your weather in Spa for effectively 10 days time with any degree of accuracy. Its Spa so its guaranteed to rain at some point somewhere on the track - although having said that in 2005 it was dry all race and that was in the days when it finished at midnight
Old 25 Sep 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2022722)   #450
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I was a bit puzzled about that too. I always thought that one of the challenges of Spa was that you were never sure what the weather was going to do.