Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 24 Oct 2004, 08:05 (Ref:1133501)   #1
LordClyde
Rookie

LordClyde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
schuey,s naming rights.

I see FIAT as major BACKER OF FERRARI F1 , have named a model they manufacture , after MICHAEL SCHUMACHER.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:03 (Ref:1133569)   #2
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was a car dealer near me selling a 'Michael Schumacher' edition Fiat Seicento the other week.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1133670)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm not sure that i'd want schueys name on a mere fiat. slightly off topic but similar...can you imagine the goldmine that yamaha are sitting on when they bring out the "valentino rossi r1 specializione"?!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1133680)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Apparently Fiats Stilo is the car of choice,available in red only, with Bridgestone tyres and a full tank of Shell optimum!
Old 24 Oct 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1134229)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sadly that's about the only features that mark it out as anything different. Which means it's just as unforgiveably as any other Fiat Stilo. Hardly a fitting tribute to a seven times World Champion.
Old 26 Oct 2004, 02:33 (Ref:1135913)   #6
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, forgive me for being stupid, but doesn't Fiat pump millions of dollars into Ferrari each and every year to sponsor their annual conquest of Formula One?
Old 26 Oct 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1136409)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fiat sp own Ferrari outright, so they have every right to do as they wish, of course. I'm not sure how many millions Fiat actually pump into the F1 team, Fiat are technically skint so I would imagine most of Ferrari's F1 budget comes from sponsorship. But that's by the by.

Naturally, Michael's contract with Ferrari will include some naming/image rights (though you can be sure he gets a cut). I just wish they'd done something a bit more fitting. If they can't bring themselves to do a special edition Ferrari, why not a decent Alfa?

The answer, of course, is marketing. Ferrari and Alfa are both doing ok in their sectors (though maybe not too great in the UK in Alfa's case). Fiat is the volume brand, it's supposed to be the one making the bulk of the money, but (not to put too fine a point on it) Fiat is dying on its arse. Hence, spruce up a Stilo with red paint and bodywork (but nothing expensive like performance upgrades, mind) and stick Schumacher's name on it in the desperate hope it might get a few more out the door.

The Stilo was supposed to be the car to save Fiat. But they blew it. It's ****. It's even **** compared to a Peugeot 307. And that's saying something. Fiat's only hope now is the new Panda, which is a great little car - back to what Fiat do best, small, simple, practical, cheap. If they can sell Pandas by the million across continental Europe they may fend off the predators. Such a shame the only other good car they make - the Multipla - has been irrevocably spoilt when the designers bottled it and gave the thing the new bland corporate nose.

By the way I'll move this to the road car forum and leave a redirect...
Old 26 Oct 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1136572)   #8
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not something like a:

Ferarri Modena TGF 550 hrug:
Old 4 Nov 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1144737)   #9
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tee hee.

Back to the Seicento - put your Joo-Janta Expletive-Sensitive Sunglasses on and have a gander at this.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 13:48 (Ref:1144754)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire

Talking of shameless publicity...
Old 5 Nov 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1145544)   #11
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing to do with me. Oh, no.