Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 13 May 2014, 06:38 (Ref:3405728)   #526
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
I have at last heard from Roger Hancock, he,s in Antigua building a house as you do, he remembers buying the car from Andy Rouse as a rolling chassis, purchased a brand new 2.8 engine and fitted it with Oselli modified heads and cam. and entered as a gp1 car. The best thing he remembers about it was the glorious noise it made, the worst was its size and lack of power steering meant it almost impossible to steer at low speed on rally tyres. He only did a couple of events in it and sold it on to a northerner who wanted to develop it into a tarmac car.Unfortunately he can,t recall his name.
Hope this helps, anymore specific questions I will gladly pass on.

rainbow
Just to recap, I strongly suspect that this was one of the two CS-H/Juicy Jeans cars Rouse ran in 1981.
Sawyer - Hoare kept his car until the end of 1983 as it was entered at Macau and the Rouse car was hired occasionally that season too, Mark Hales for one raced it at the BGP BSCC round. One of the cars is thought to have been an ex Woodman car that Rouse bought sometime in 1980?
Old 13 May 2014, 06:42 (Ref:3405729)   #527
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
On a separate and significant note, Ric Wood's fabulous Bastos car seen at Goodwood and Donington is believed to be an ex Belgian Serge Power series car, originally built by CC. Not sure which chassis it is yet though.
Old 14 May 2014, 06:19 (Ref:3406097)   #528
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
On a separate and significant note, Ric Wood's fabulous Bastos car seen at Goodwood and Donington is believed to be an ex Belgian Serge Power series car, originally built by CC. Not sure which chassis it is yet though.
A plate says CC 11/80.
Old 14 May 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3406125)   #529
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brown View Post
A plate says CC 11/80.
Thanks Alan, always nice to know chassis numbers!

I'm assuming that was the 11th mk3 Capri built by CC, not the 11th car built in 1980 itself.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3475980)   #530
Grant007
Rookie

Grant007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi again Chaps, I often pop-over and have a read of this very interesting thread, have posted on here before but couldnt find my log in details so I new again I Guess
I have noticed Ade Vickers name mentioned and I have just aquired his race engine, Ric Wood Alloy heads and triple downdraughts etc, I know he aquired one of the CC cars but that got moved on I believe, maybe some of the engine parts I got are from that car/engine I dont know.
I still have a Capri press-car (Seirs "X") from back in the 1980's and still have the original Ford press shot of it next to Gordon Spices Car, not sure if the Gordon Spice Car was a CC car though was it? so maybe not for this thread, but I am always hoping that someone will come up with a pic or a clip of Vid with it being used in these colours for my history file of C00 260T one day from the following year of around 1980/81 when it was used by Mike Wilds as MCD course car in all the various tracks around, the car changed colour when Mike had it as seen below. >>>

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0007.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	44047 Name:  Capri COO260T.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  5.2 KB

Name:	pace 01.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	44049 Click image for larger version

Name:	pace 03.jpg
Size:	227.3 KB
ID:	44050

Many thanks to all contributors for a great thread and an very interesting read, including you Sarnie
Grant
Old 18 Nov 2014, 12:11 (Ref:3476156)   #531
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Hi Grant

Good to have you back again!

Yes the Spice race cars were CC built from 1978 to 1982.

Ade Vickers had Jeff Allam's original car (CC3) until recently, not sure if he still has it but he said it would probably be too expensive to attempt a ground up restoration.
Old 18 Nov 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3476219)   #532
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Hi Grant

Good to have you back again!

Yes the Spice race cars were CC built from 1978 to 1982.

Ade Vickers had Jeff Allam's original car (CC3) until recently, not sure if he still has it but he said it would probably be too expensive to attempt a ground up restoration.
I was there last week at Ade's place Chunterer as that is where I got the engine from, he was telling me stories of all his racing but I must admit I did get a bit lost between which car he was refering to, I'l send him a txt now to try to resolve the issue
Old 18 Nov 2014, 17:27 (Ref:3476289)   #533
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Hi Grant

I spoke to Ade, Sadly for me but happy for somone else Ade's Car "CC3" has found a new home and is going to be restored to Btcc spec, the chap who bought it is in wigan,

A little of topic but my Daily run around Capri has Triple DCNF 42's on >>>>>>

Name:	triple webers 015.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	538.1 KB
ID:	44054 Click image for larger version

Name:	triple webers 016.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	484.2 KB
ID:	44055

Old 18 Nov 2014, 19:57 (Ref:3476337)   #534
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Is it Ric Wood by any chance?!

If it goes back to BTCC spec, presumably that will be in Allam's old livery

Although it was arguably as successful in Nick Whiting's hands when it was black!!
Old 18 Nov 2014, 21:16 (Ref:3476372)   #535
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Is it Ric Wood by any chance?!

If it goes back to BTCC spec, presumably that will be in Allam's old livery

Although it was arguably as successful in Nick Whiting's hands when it was black!!
I dont think so as he just would have said that Chunterer, even in the Txt we talked about Ric funnily enough, so I would say Definatley not.

He did say specifically that it was going back to BTCC spec yes so I guess your right sport
Old 18 Nov 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3476385)   #536
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can think of two people in the Wigan area. David "Jess" Yates is one.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 00:22 (Ref:3476405)   #537
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hi Peter the hounourable Mallet
Is the other one you can think of a secret then?
Old 19 Nov 2014, 04:20 (Ref:3476455)   #538
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got name blindness at the moment.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3476553)   #539
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant007 View Post

A little of topic but my Daily run around Capri has Triple DCNF 42's on >>>>>>
Attachment 44054 Attachment 44055

Hi Grant, those Triples look far too sexy for a daily driver Simon
Old 19 Nov 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3476563)   #540
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Phew remembered. Jim McLaughlin.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3476665)   #541
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarnie View Post
Hi Grant, those Triples look far too sexy for a daily driver Simon
Cheers Si, I just love the things, got far too many set's now
Ade says to say Hello
Here's a few I took out of one box the otherday, I have plenty more >>>

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	485.0 KB
ID:	44056

Last edited by Grant007; 19 Nov 2014 at 19:16.
Old 19 Nov 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3476668)   #542
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Phew remembered. Jim McLaughlin.
Well done for the brain back in action then Peter, I guess we will find out one day when it surfaces again
Old 20 Nov 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3476895)   #543
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Cheers Si, I just love the things, got far too many set's now
Ade says to say Hello
Here's a few I took out of one box the otherday, I have plenty more >>>
Say hi from me

Wow you ever thought of getting a couple of V12 Ferrari's, a Daytona would look good along side your Jenson

This is the daddy, the 48IDA, known as the Jug back in the 'Group 1' days.
I bored it to 50mm and made the trumpets, you only need 1 for 300bhp

Last edited by Sarnie; 20 Nov 2014 at 11:57.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3477001)   #544
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarnie View Post
Say hi from me

Wow you ever thought of getting a couple of V12 Ferrari's, a Daytona would look good along side your Jenson

This is the daddy, the 48IDA, known as the Jug back in the 'Group 1' days.
I bored it to 50mm and made the trumpets, you only need 1 for 300bhp

Hi Si
That is lovely, you have made a lovely job of those Trumpets Si you Ole Sausage, I am sure you said the otherday you have sold it, but if not let me know I would like that in my collection Si
A friend of mine has just fitted 4 x 45(i think) to his Jensen but due to the inlet port tracks you have to have them in each corner, and I do like them down the middle of the Engine being such an Asthetically Annoying Person
Here is below is his set up and below that is a Manifold for my 440 that I have just modified for the triple 42 DCNF's although on an open plenum manifold, the pics are before I have altered it as now it is sitting in my parts cleaner
Sorry chaps for the "Off Topic" from "CC Capris, but it does have some resemblence to the topic being IDF's And DCNF's, this is me for the off topic chat>>>

Here's the IDFS on the Jensen 440ci >>

Name:	Idfs on Jensen with Air filters.jpg
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	44059 Click image for larger version

Name:	Idf's on Jensen.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	44060
And here are mine >>

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	462.8 KB
ID:	44061 Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	370.4 KB
ID:	44062

And here is me smoking a Pipe!!

Name:	photo (31).JPG
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	44063
Old 21 Nov 2014, 18:09 (Ref:3477342)   #545
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lovely work Simon-they look perfect!
Grant, nice collection of carbs you have, you would'nt have a V6 inlet manifold spare, would you? Please.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3477358)   #546
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Cheers Grant, yeah I sold the carb and other Essex bits to Ric, probably on someones 'Group 1' Capri now.

Some lovely carb set-ups there

Nice pipe although I think you need to add a polished alloy trumpet on the end

Yep back on topic or we'll both be getting whipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Thanks Terence, hope yours is going well.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 00:39 (Ref:3477440)   #547
Grant007
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Grant, nice collection of carbs you have, you would'nt have a V6 inlet manifold spare, would you? Please.
Hi Terence, thank you for your kind words
What did you want, I am guessing you mean a Triple Inlet do you, if so Terrence I am so sorry I just cant let any go, obviously if you mean a single one then yes but I bet you dont mean that do you Terrence?
Old 22 Nov 2014, 07:37 (Ref:3477478)   #548
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

I take it these things are the holy grail of Essex engine parts then!!
Old 22 Nov 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3477512)   #549
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The X Pack triple weber kit was developed for the then Group 2 regs. After 1975 the regs changed and cars had to run what could be bought from the dealer. Thus the Capri went to a triple carb set up and those bubble wheel arches. They also ran essex blocks rather than the "specially selected" GAA engines.
Old 22 Nov 2014, 17:00 (Ref:3477581)   #550
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Terence, thank you for your kind words
What did you want, I am guessing you mean a Triple Inlet do you, if so Terrence I am so sorry I just cant let any go, obviously if you mean a single one then yes but I bet you dont mean that do you Terrence?

You guessed right Grant, proving a bit of a pain locating one.Usual thing waiting for suppliers to restock etc.
Simon, the car has sort of stalled since Iain (Delta) kindly brought it over for me.House seems more important at the moment
But all the bodywork/cage and lightening is completed.So its down to carbs, which I have, bit more wiring, install the seats and extinguisher.
Suitable set of Dunlops (control tyres) and hopefully off we go. (Cant think where to test it though.)

Tags
andy rouse, belga, belgian touring cars, broadspeed, capri mk3, cc motorsport, cc racing development, chris craft, dave cook, equipe esso, gordon spice, group 1, group 1 capri, group 1.5, jeff allam, jonathan buncombe, martin brothers, neil brown, pete clark, spa 24 hours, swindon engines, tricentrol, vince woodman