Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Feb 2015, 10:09 (Ref:3508744)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone live near Aberdeen

I am looking at buying someparts from a chap I dont know from Aberdeen.Is there anyone who could assist me please. I need the parts looking at before I send money and arange delivery. Thanks in advance Iain.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3508826)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Get hold of John Clark or Chris Clark the BMW,Land Rover,Mini Dealer and they will sort.

They race all sort of stuff and are very good blokes.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 14:10 (Ref:3508842)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Get hold of John Clark or Chris Clark the BMW,Land Rover,Mini Dealer and they will sort.

They race all sort of stuff and are very good blokes.
Yes know John thanks JT.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3508916)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes know John thanks JT.
All sorted now. Many thanks J R.
Old 25 Feb 2015, 18:58 (Ref:3508931)   #5
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain,

not sure what you are buying but there was a chap up near Aberdeen who was scamming on formula ford and hewland bits and other odds and sods.

Richard
Old 25 Feb 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3508938)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ok thanks . This is why I am being a bit carefull . Thanks for the tip off .
Old 25 Feb 2015, 19:30 (Ref:3508945)   #7
rbm
Racer

rbm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye it all went well by email, good technical info, offers of sorting the courier...

... right up to the point when I wanted an address for a mate in the oil game to pick the bits up

hey ho!
Old 25 Feb 2015, 21:22 (Ref:3509001)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Ah ha . Yes that is as far as we have got as well
Old 28 Feb 2015, 19:14 (Ref:3510108)   #9
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definate scam Iain.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3510117)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep we kind of got an idea when the guy came back with a story about how he could not talk on the phone . I hope it was because he had been punched in the gob . Tell you what I very nearly sent him the money . Good old ten tenths mates saved me a lot of money . Thanks again
Old 2 Mar 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3510823)   #11
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I placed an 'AX block wanted' ad about 5 years ago and was contacted by email from a guy in Blackpool with, supposedly, what I wanted. After haggling on price I asked for his address which eventually came through to send a cheque and he was going to despatch. Coincidentally next day stepson asks if I could take him to look at and probably buy a car he had seen advertised in St. Annes, which is next door to Blackpool. Rather than post a check to the block seller I emailed him to say I would call in that evening, collect block and pay cash. Needless to say when we got to Blackpool there was no such address (although the road mentioned did exist - presumably to satisfy casual investigation). Enquiries at a local pub revealed the house number provided was just a derelict plot. The seller never responded to find out where I was or what happened to the deal.

Let the buyer beware!