Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2328182)   #26
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I remember is the image that's been replayed over and over on the news! I can just see a slow Toyota 'appear' in the final corner, and remember screaming at the TV 'IS THAT GLOCK?!'
Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:25 (Ref:2328183)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It went, "Glock isn't slow enough" after looking at the triming
"There is a Toyota!"
"Is it Glock?"
"Glock was really slow in sector 2"
"It is"
"Go on"
"That's it?!"
"Look 5 HAM"

It happened so quick, but that was pretty much what was said between us all at the time. Perhaps with a bit more swearing!
Old 4 Nov 2008, 20:52 (Ref:2328200)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I only believed it,when after about eight hours there had been no FIA statements.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2328261)   #29
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I realised it at the point when I leapt to my feet shrieking "GLOCK!!!" at the TV, but I had to wait for him to cross the line before I started bouncing off the walls, just in case...
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 4 Nov 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2328298)   #30
Aloysius
Racer

Aloysius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I was standing in the corner screaming no, no, no at the television, and then David Hobbs said that Glock was slowing and I just couldn't believe it. I literally fell to my knees and shook my arms up at the ceiling in joy. It was definitely the most emotional I've been about a sporting event.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2328490)   #31
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I turned the tv off when Vettel passed Hamilton and didn't watch the end of the race. This is news to me, I thought Massa was champion!
Old 5 Nov 2008, 09:46 (Ref:2328514)   #32
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well unlucky, your lack of faith meant you missed the most amazing climax to a wdc that i've ever seen.

Me and my friends watching it started partying as soon as we'd identified that it was glock he'd passed, then went into overdrive after he crossed the line.

Still cant really believe it.
Old 5 Nov 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2328797)   #33
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look up sarcasm in the dictionary dear. I went straight to the pub after the programme finished and we raised our glasses to the yougest ever world champion.