Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 1 Sep 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3297463)   #26
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
And xcuse me, but do F1 drivers pile up in hairpins like a pack of ******s?
They did, in Spa (1999?) - but just once, I think.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 20:32 (Ref:3297465)   #27
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
They do it from time to time at Monaco. They've also had some nasty multi-car incidents at Montreal and Melbourne over the years. Schumacher, who should know better, went OVER the back of a few guys on different occasions in 2011 and 2012.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3297470)   #28
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Poor Wilson
Old 1 Sep 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3297481)   #29
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is crazy!
Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3297496)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some sloppiness in the middle, but turned into a decent scrap at the end.

Dixon just can't buy break lately.

Congrats to Simon!
Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3297510)   #31
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Power always seems to tangle with at least one of the Ganassi boys.

Breathtaking near the end there. Bourdais almost had it.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3297523)   #32
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not a big fan of baltimore, but all incidents aside it was an awesome race.like all hell broke loose mid pack it was awesome.looks like the penske-ganassi drama will carry on....
Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3297536)   #33
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
not a big fan of baltimore, but all incidents aside it was an awesome race.like all hell broke loose mid pack it was awesome.looks like the penske-ganassi drama will carry on....
Yup...
Power hits Dixon and takes him out, Indycar refuse Dixon permission to take the car to the pits and fix it.....
Castroneves benefits... Shades of Piquet in Singapore.....?

Dixon fans are not going to be happy at all.....

Rules or no rules, the decisions being made will only inflame the situation further and in some quarters will bring things down on the series as a whole...
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:03 (Ref:3297547)   #34
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I think Beaufield just wants to see Helio finally get that title, it'll be good for the sport since he's such a popular driver. And over the years he's deserved at least a title.

The problem is, this is NOT the year he deserves it, because he really isn't that great. Even in this race, how many times does he get things wrong but still gets away with it. The wing at the start was his fault, the pit lane infringement was his fault, then he still gets up there in 6th at the end but is so slow and drops back to 11th only get get more positions with Rahal and Kanaan dropping out in the last few laps. Even Saavedra came (from a lap down I think?) and passed Helio at the end. Helio should have been up there fighting for the win with all the other fast guys out, he's in a Penske!

You can be slowest in the field, but as long as it's Dixon you're fighting in the championship you'll come out with more points because Dixon's never really had much luck. At this stage Dixon is driving better than anyone out there, although Power's also been fast the last 2 races, and he should really be well ahead in the points by now.

Still 3 races to go, 150 points. If Dixon won the last 2 races like he would have (I'm sure he would easily have passed Bourdais if Rahal didn't take him out), that would have been 100 and he'd be sitting with a sizeable lead. He's got the pace to win all 3, and Helio just seems to be cruising to finish races. When's the last time a driver won the title having only won a single race? But 48 points is going to require Dixon to win and Helio remain uncompetitive.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3297557)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just read the synopsis on Autosport; hopefully someone has uploaded the whole race on YouTube as I missed practically the second half.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109603

Congrats to Pagenaud.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 04:25 (Ref:3297619)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very unfortunate accident with Power and Dixon. Obviously Power moves across on Dixon and causes contact however am more than comforable that it was a reflex move (not even a block) without intentions to make contact.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=...08836018&vc=-1
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:22 (Ref:3297633)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Power made a move on Seabass without knowing his surroundings, and Dixon paid the price. The HMS Titanic didn't mean to hit an iceberg, but it did....I take no "comfort" in either.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 05:55 (Ref:3297640)   #38
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I don't know if it was because i was getting progressively more drunk as the race wore on, but i was barely able to sit down. Exciting stuff.

I was a bit disappointed with Bourdais' reaction to the Pagenaud clash (i,e Blaming Simon) - To me, he was never passed and was a bit brave/foolish to try and tip it in over the top of him.

Isn't about time we ditched double-file restarts? We've given them a chance, it seems that they generate carnage 75% of the time.

Dixon's treatment stinks something awful. I would feel pretty disillusioned if i were him. The Tax-Dodger has it wrapped up now.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 06:24 (Ref:3297647)   #39
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I don't know if it was because i was getting progressively more drunk as the race wore on, but i was barely able to sit down. Exciting stuff.

I was a bit disappointed with Bourdais' reaction to the Pagenaud clash (i,e Blaming Simon) - To me, he was never passed and was a bit brave/foolish to try and tip it in over the top of him.

Isn't about time we ditched double-file restarts? We've given them a chance, it seems that they generate carnage 75% of the time.

Dixon's treatment stinks something awful. I would feel pretty disillusioned if i were him. The Tax-Dodger has it wrapped up now.
I have also seen tapes of the incident and have formed an opinion about it.

I'd agree with ditching the double file restarts. Whether it should work or not isn't the question. The simple fact is, its not, and its not worth persevering with it as things stand.
As things stack up over the last two events it doesn't look well in terms of sporting administration.

It can't be fixed now and there no way out (unless they simply didn't award a title for the 2013 year) but this year will never go down as a shining example of how a sporting management and administration should run its sporting competition.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3297661)   #40
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race results:

Results - 75 laps:

Pos Driver Team/Engine Time/Gap
1. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 2h16m32.3443s
2. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda +4.1592s
3. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon/Chevy +7.9588s
4. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda +10.7598s
5. Simona de Silvestro KV/Chevy +11.6017s
6. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda +21.4160s
7. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy +22.8422s
8. Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy +25.5377s
9. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy +29.3117s
10. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy +40.5499s
11. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda +1 lap
12. Oriol Servia Panther/Chevy +1 lap
13. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy +1 lap
14. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy +1 lap
15. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy +2 laps*
16. Stefan Wilson Coyne/Honda +3 laps
17. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda +7 laps*
18. Will Power Penske/Chevy +8 laps

* Not running at finish

Retirements:

Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda 52 laps
Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy 42 laps
Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda 22 laps
Luca Filippi Herta/Honda 12 laps
James Jakes Rahal/Honda 5 laps
Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 4 laps
Old 2 Sep 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3297760)   #41
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think that Power was in a deadlock and had nowhere to go. No matter what he made, he would have crashed. It was Dixon, Bourdais or the guy on the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
Pagenaud squeezed him for no reason and Bourdais touched the wall. It was light contact and Bourdais didn't crash or damage the car, so I understand that Pagenaud didn't get penalized.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3297774)   #42
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Pagenaud was defending the inside line, looking at the apex to his right, not his left hand mirror and just drifted over and bumped the progressing Bourdais.

The second touch was all on Bourdais in my opinion.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 13:47 (Ref:3297793)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vautier on probation after crash in Quali.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109613
Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3297989)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Power takes blame for Dixon shunt.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109616
Old 2 Sep 2013, 19:34 (Ref:3297991)   #45
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's weird that Vautier is penalised but not Power...
Old 3 Sep 2013, 03:55 (Ref:3298173)   #46
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Well, it's weird that Vautier is penalised but not Power...
How so? They were completely different incidents.

The worst part of the Vautier crash was his interview afterwards:

"I saw the yellow flags, but no one told me there was a car there!"
Old 3 Sep 2013, 04:19 (Ref:3298178)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Power takes blame for Dixon shunt.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109616
His interview post race seemed to indicate as much. Props to him, but still think Power, with his experience should have known better.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 13:26 (Ref:3298329)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
His interview post race seemed to indicate as much. Props to him, but still think Power, with his experience should have known better.
You would have thought.
Old 3 Sep 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3298442)   #49
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
You are talking split seconds of course. Bourdais' Dragon must've looked too tasty to pass up.

It did look truly awful from the TV!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3298447)   #50
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, the TV camera was looking back from Turn 1, so you have A LOT of foreshortening going on in that shot.