Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 2016, 10:43 (Ref:3606812)   #5501
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
The car in the picture might be one of the fake mockups they had for auto shows and stuff. I don't think they'd just trash a working car.
Given what they said about why the plug was pulled...they might. A future revival can't use the cars they have because they determined they'd have to rebuild the chassis from the ground up to make everything work with the new hybrid. Depending on who you believe, it's possible they can't even use the tub.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3606838)   #5502
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissan has never thrown a car away - succes or not.
It is going to be stored away in a major warehouse in Japan, together with numerous other historic Nissan race and road cars.

I used to have link to it, but can't find it anymore.
EDIT, Here it is!:
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=2079707

Last edited by CTD; 21 Jan 2016 at 13:46.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3606842)   #5503
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Nissan has never thrown a car away - succes or not.
It is going to be stored away in a major warehouse in Japan, together with numerous other historic Nissan race and road cars.

I used to have link to it, but can't find it anymore.
EDIT, Here it is!:
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=2079707
I want to go to there! Nothing else, just to gaze at those beautiful GTPs.

Very cool. Thx for the link.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 14:34 (Ref:3606849)   #5504
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I don't think they'd just trash a working car.
You're right, so that could be the one that raced at Le Mans!
Old 21 Jan 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3606853)   #5505
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll bet they could get enough waivers from IMSA to run it without ERS as a DPi - after all look at the DW. OTOH they could just use the engine and some bodywork and get BOP'd to competitiveness.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3606911)   #5506
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
I'll bet they could get enough waivers from IMSA to run it without ERS as a DPi - after all look at the DW. OTOH they could just use the engine and some bodywork and get BOP'd to competitiveness.
I would love to see the Nissan in IMSA
Old 21 Jan 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3606951)   #5507
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The car in the picture might be one of the fake mockups they had for auto shows and stuff. I don't think they'd just trash a working car.
I think you are taking the pictures and discussion too literally. It just happens to be parked by some trash.

Old 21 Jan 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3606986)   #5508
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think you are taking the pictures and discussion too literally. It just happens to be parked by some trash.

Oh ok. I guess I didn't get the sarcasm because of it being the Nissan thread
Old 22 Jan 2016, 07:38 (Ref:3607047)   #5509
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Suppose you have to define the word "working" when talking about working cars :P This never worked, and certainly not the way it was intended.

I love and hate this car. I love that the rules allow something like this to be built. I hate how badly made it was and how hyped it was. Always sad to see race cars being discarded though. It should be a museum piece, but Nissan would never allow it.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 13:21 (Ref:3607101)   #5510
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My thoughts exactly, Akra.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3607177)   #5511
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
The car was rushed. It never had an appropriate chance to do what it's concept intended to do. The car was let down by the suspension and hybrid. I said it before, but I think moving the weight more towards the rear with wider tires should have been done from the start.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 20:25 (Ref:3607204)   #5512
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
#andrepeat
Old 23 Jan 2016, 00:17 (Ref:3607241)   #5513
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
#andrepeat
There have only been roughly 3 discussion points in this thread, and then as your hashtag says #andrepeatthenclosethreadreopenandrepeat
Old 23 Jan 2016, 03:00 (Ref:3607251)   #5514
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There have only been roughly 3 discussion points in this thread, and then as your hashtag says #andrepeatthenclosethreadreopenandrepeat
Can it just be closed for good? We are just rehashing the cycle about a dead-never to be revived-car.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 23 Jan 2016, 04:53 (Ref:3607254)   #5515
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
I agree, I would rather see this thread closed since its rather meaningless considering the cars are no longer running and probably wont see any racing tarmac any time soon.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 05:52 (Ref:3607256)   #5516
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

'Working' might be a stretch for any of these cars
Old 23 Jan 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3607261)   #5517
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would rather have people to restrain themselves from falling into the same cycle, than closing the thread.
The Nissan story isn't over, there is more skeletons to appear from this, and it would be nice to contain it to the Nissan thread instead of it infiltrating other threads.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 09:05 (Ref:3607267)   #5518
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Warning off topic, but hey it fits in.

Quote:
I would rather have people to restrain themselves from falling into the same cycle, than closing the thread.
Never going to happen. See IMSA threads, Toyota thread, Audi thread, Porsche thread and the FCY thread sorry Daytona thread.

I'm reminded, or rather not reminded of the experts in other fields. Take Newton's laws of motion, it is quite a fundamental law. At school you learn it, then if you develop your understanding and knowledge you don't discuss it in great length after you've mastered it. It doesn't mean it's not there you just allow more advanced, but difficult discussions to develop - even if those laws remain fundamental. Or in a discussion about engines you don't just keep repeating again and again you develop the jet engine.

In the Daytona thread we shall not talk about the race, who is going well, or badly. We will talk about how bad the FCY are, which we know. Why repeat the same again. What caused the FCY and who benefits are pertinent to the race. Knowing they are rubbish adds nothing, won't do anything about it, and has already been exhausted as a concept. As important as it is, it is also the lowest common denominator of IMSA discussion.

Sorry for the moan.

Quote:
The Nissan story isn't over, there is more skeletons to appear from this, and it would be nice to contain it to the Nissan thread instead of it infiltrating other threads.
It would be good.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 12:30 (Ref:3607300)   #5519
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Never going to happen. See IMSA threads, Toyota thread, Audi thread, Porsche thread and the FCY thread sorry Daytona thread.

I'm reminded, or rather not reminded of the experts in other fields. Take Newton's laws of motion, it is quite a fundamental law. At school you learn it, then if you develop your understanding and knowledge you don't discuss it in great length after you've mastered it. It doesn't mean it's not there you just allow more advanced, but difficult discussions to develop - even if those laws remain fundamental. Or in a discussion about engines you don't just keep repeating again and again you develop the jet engine.

In the Daytona thread we shall not talk about the race, who is going well, or badly. We will talk about how bad the FCY are, which we know. Why repeat the same again. What caused the FCY and who benefits are pertinent to the race. Knowing they are rubbish adds nothing, won't do anything about it, and has already been exhausted as a concept. As important as it is, it is also the lowest common denominator of IMSA discussion.

Sorry for the moan.

It would be good.
I understand completely, my post was also more a shout to those who keep the pointless discussions going.
It is difficult, I know, but perhaps a closer monitoring and reactions of the discussions from the moderators/administrators, could be beneficial in some of the threads?
Personally I would welcome a moderator/administrator to post a specific warning to those members who keep repeating low quality discussions.
I'd rather have a high quality forum with few, but knowledgable members, than a quantity forum, with people adding nothing to the discussions.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3607304)   #5520
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I understand completely, my post was also more a shout to those who keep the pointless discussions going.
It is difficult, I know, but perhaps a closer monitoring and reactions of the discussions from the moderators/administrators, could be beneficial in some of the threads?
Personally I would welcome a moderator/administrator to post a specific warning to those members who keep repeating low quality discussions.
I'd rather have a high quality forum with few, but knowledgable members, than a quantity forum, with people adding nothing to the discussions.
Are you sure we don't do that already?
Old 23 Jan 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3607306)   #5521
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Are you sure we don't do that already?
Apparently not, according to Adam43 .
Old 23 Jan 2016, 16:35 (Ref:3607336)   #5522
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was reading a news about Nissan former staff looking for opportunities and came across with this comment:
Quote:
While working at the roar, a fellow crew member, introduced me to a friend of his that got hired and went to the office to move his stuff into the office before the new year, only to find himself and the others locked out.
Insane how messed up this project was even at the very end of it.

PS: CTD, Adam43, sorry if I'm one of the guys you were refering to
Old 24 Jan 2016, 19:12 (Ref:3607673)   #5523
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Round and round
What comes around, goes around
I'll tell you why, yeah

Regarding that locking of offices, yes I believe DSC covered that 'nuisance'
Old 5 Feb 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3611915)   #5524
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Posted Jan 21 - now coming true!
Old 5 Feb 2016, 14:10 (Ref:3611919)   #5525
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Posted Jan 21 - now coming true!
What it coming true, just the engine right? not the chassis?
Closed Thread