Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2003, 04:07 (Ref:751654)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who is going to Indy? - 34 into 32 wont go...

Interesting to see the Supercar entry list for the IndyCarnival, where all the 35 cars running under main series L1 or L2 franchise licence slots (except for Romano) are supposed to be rocking up

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/v8data/...ry.asp?eid=151

Of significance is that theoretically the top 32 franchise licence slots should be given entry to Indy and then onto Pukekohe, or indeed some of the L2's decide to stay home within their 80% show up requirement...

I would say (and I havent done the maths) that Speedy and probably Tratty are the two franchise licence slot holders who are at the bottom of the current board...

So its not a given, unless the teams withdraw, that the #46 HYL and the #13 Smiths Trucks entries will be the ones to miss out..

Gotta love the potential for horsetrading doncha?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Oct 2003, 05:09 (Ref:751672)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hrrmmm, and Hrmmmm, on the entry list handed around at the event launch today there was the same 34 car list and nobody seemed to say anything.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:21 (Ref:753025)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its amazing that the series regulations state that the top 32 'cars' (making no mention of franchise licence slot or indeed driver position) is how AVESCO's own technical regs view the ruling...

The #13 car is hurt from last weekend, and would take some work to configure, while the #46 car was squished and beyond immediate repair...
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:44 (Ref:753041)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
oh well, aslong as the racing is good, who cares?

ps: i'll be there btw. \m/
Old 16 Oct 2003, 11:57 (Ref:753147)   #5
Lyris
Racer

Lyris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hrrmmm, have any of the L2 franchise holders exercised their 80% attendance rule rights yet this year????

And um if anyone decides to exercise that right next weekend, are AVESCO going to play Big Brother and overrule, then requiring attendance given that they now have the opportunity to force the unwanted by them Speedy out of the competition????

It's all a bit too wishy-washy for me, and I'd love to see those rules when tested by the powers of common law.
Old 16 Oct 2003, 22:50 (Ref:753823)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Common Law? You sign away your rights to common law when sucked into the vortex of AVESCO! Is that legal or moral? Likely not

The PWR L2s have not missed a meeting this season, so Indy could be missable...

... and I have seen some communications from Speedy that he has been assured of a start at Indy and NZ...
Old 16 Oct 2003, 23:46 (Ref:753861)   #7
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One would assume that they would allow speedy to run in his home event in NZ. Like TKR in their first year ran 2 cars.
Old 21 Oct 2003, 02:31 (Ref:757690)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to note that the 3rd FPR car of Dave Besnard is running #7 this weekend at Indy, so the FPR cars are now #5, #6 and #7....

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...y.asp?gid=8585