Other - specify 4 3.88%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:53 (Ref:951220)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
San Marino - Driver of the Race

Tough coming up with contenders this round. Alot of drivers had 'incidents' thats spoilt their nomination, while others did well but did'nt need to do anything outstanding to come home where they did.

Michael - what can ya say, stayed close to Button, did his blinder laps when it counted, nursed the car home to his 4th victory in a row.

Button - Stunning quals, great 2nd place, but did'nt seem to have the pace after the first stop.

Fisi - While being a disappoint me to me this season, a 9th place from the last row has to be worth something.

Sato - Did get up to 4th for a while, and wow, when he blows an engine, he really blows an engine.

I did'nt put the Williams duo in, both drivers made a mess of it today (as well as showing some fighting spirit). The Renault boys did'nt blow me away either.

However feel free to vote for them in other, and I will add them to the poll if enough people do it.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 16:57 (Ref:951225)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Had to say Michael , once again showing the class act that he is.

But good to see button and BAR getting some good results , I hope they can continue to develop the car.

Great mention to for "No Result" Zolt on getting to another finish
Old 25 Apr 2004, 17:02 (Ref:951230)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's between Button and Schuey really. One drove a perfect qualifying, the other a perfect race. Both were brilliant.

But I voted Button.....another great step towards stardom.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 17:06 (Ref:951232)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Again, its Michael. flawless, as usual. But I notice that the Fisi bashers have been awfully quiet lately
Old 25 Apr 2004, 17:12 (Ref:951240)   #5
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael, though Button was close. The Renaults were also good.

Last edited by santori; 25 Apr 2004 at 17:14.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 18:49 (Ref:951302)   #6
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Schumacher by miles,some other drivers were in the same race as him(most of them he lapped).
Old 25 Apr 2004, 18:54 (Ref:951307)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michael Schumacher... its easy
the fastest and once again showed the hunger to win more on thw way he stepped on the gas when he had to... he is in a different league from the rest at the moment

Alonso deserves a mention for his strong final stint..
Old 25 Apr 2004, 19:29 (Ref:951338)   #8
Ej10
Racer

Ej10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giorgio Pantano even though he only completed 7 or eight laps he was doing very well and considering the amount he has made up this weekend compared to his teammate he has done a wonderfull job

Well done pantano!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 20:20 (Ref:951390)   #9
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No contest today, its Michael by a mile.

It looked good for Button early, but Michael closed the big gap, and after Button took the early pit-stop, race over.

Danica Patrick
Old 25 Apr 2004, 20:27 (Ref:951399)   #10
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ej10
Giorgio Pantano even though he only completed 7 or eight laps he was doing very well and considering the amount he has made up this weekend compared to his teammate he has done a wonderfull job

Well done pantano!
Yeah, he did very well. I'm glad it was a car problem and not a driver error which put him out.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 20:41 (Ref:951415)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another great weekend for Jenson. A first pole, another podium, a confident start, just a shame he couldn't maintain race pace - though that could have been down to the car as much as the driver.

But it has to be Michael. Unbelievable pace in first practice, was consistently fast in all sessions, recognised the threat from BAR as they got quicker in practice, and especially from Jenson. In qualifying, Michael knew he had to pull out something really special to match Jenson's truly awesome time. He also knew the grid was so tight that one mistake could put him on row four or worse. But he went for it anyway - the most banzai lap I've seen Schumacher drive for a while, and proof he's human in making that one mistake to give Jenson a deserved pole. One final thought on that - Michael was on the very edge of losing it completely at that chicane, but he kept on it knowing he'd either be on the front row or at the back in the spare car... when threatened, he's still willing to take the risk.

As for the race, Michael knew he could only throw it away as soon as Jenson pitted on lap 9; Michael had the pace and two more laps - and he gained an extra 2 seconds in a typically slick Ferrari pitstop. Game over.

But BAR and Jenson are still learning about life at the front. If they maintain that pace, they're only going to get harder for Michael to beat.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 20:50 (Ref:951426)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Re: San Marino - Driver of the Race

Michael. Fantasic speed.

Button was good too, head and shoulders above the rest, but Michael for me was head and shoulders above Button.
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
The Renault boys did'nt blow me away either.
while I don't think that they are worthy of best driver, I think both had a decent race.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 21:54 (Ref:951491)   #13
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MS again init!
Old 25 Apr 2004, 22:15 (Ref:951515)   #14
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso did quite a positive race. After being hit by DC in the first corner (and parts of the MP4/19 hitting his helmet), and being in 9th after a somewhat slow start, he recovered enough and had the pace to pass both Sato and Webber in one stop and Barrichello and Trulli in the last one. He got to Ralf, and while his pass wasn't exactly clear, he at least tried it and ended up getting very close to Montoya.

So it's him for me.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 22:30 (Ref:951537)   #15
The Lounge King
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
The Lounge King should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS cos he won convincingly again, but a nod to Alonso for entertaining us in the closing stages.
Old 25 Apr 2004, 23:25 (Ref:951582)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
For the first time this season, i'm going for Michael.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 02:03 (Ref:951652)   #17
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schuey... Button................ daylight..............
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:12 (Ref:951767)   #18
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I vote for Fisi he did good , well they had a good start and good strategy at Renault.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:24 (Ref:951774)   #19
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote to Fisi too.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:25 (Ref:951776)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark Webber, for continuing to drive what has to be said is a pile of warm poo.. and not whinging and whining in the press about it.... keeping his head up!

A pro... a star... a future WDC
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:27 (Ref:951780)   #21
Panzer
Racer

Panzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Michael, just fantastic. Just think in 20 years time when they talk about him as being the greatest you will tell your grand children you saw this man in action. Schumacher.... Rossie.. will it ever get any better.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 06:48 (Ref:951814)   #22
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer
I voted for Michael, just fantastic. Just think in 20 years time when they talk about him as being the greatest you will tell your grand children you saw this man in action. Schumacher.... Rossie.. will it ever get any better.
And i will tell them that it was borring because
1: Ferrari is too reliable and too fast
2: Ferrari never chalenged MS and put a good driver beside him.RB is not a bad driver but will be a 2nd driver in any team.

And that is the reason that i didn't vote MS , its becoming very borring to see 14 sec and up between the front cars...if only Mika H.or former WDC be back in a ferrari we would see MS swetting a bit more.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 08:07 (Ref:951896)   #23
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's a scary thought, but is Schuey actually driving better than he ever has this year? At the moment, no-one can touch him (though full marks to Button for being the only man in the same race yesterday), so he has to be the driver of the race.
Old 26 Apr 2004, 08:16 (Ref:951903)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree. He is driving very well. I think that the pressure of title five and six (records and all that) did temper Michael a little and to a certain extent he is now free from any pressure. This is only a little theory and not a major factor, but this year he has been practically faultless.

Roebuck at the begining of the year thought that we'd seen the best of Schumacher in the past, but he too now thinks Michael is driving at the top of his game.

Time to extend that contract past 2006?
Old 26 Apr 2004, 08:28 (Ref:951910)   #25
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam, I hope JPM &Co's fans won't read this post of yours