Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1644288)   #1
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello F3/GT Supports

What did anyone think of the racing at Mondello last weekend? The domestic classes were on top form........maybe some of the drivers were hoping to get spotted and signed up by one of the F3 teams

Good weekend though!!
Old 29 Jun 2006, 16:51 (Ref:1644304)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I thought the Global/Stryker races were belters. The days when we used to be able to doze through the Stryker races are definitely long gone!!

Little disappointed with the Fiats - although I suspect they were on their best behaviour

Historics, lovely to look at as always, but they're never at their best when racing on the international.

Libres were good but shame Mr. Matheson blew up in qualifying - he's always entertaining! Interesting to see the two Fildes boys out!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1644786)   #3
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Well spotted! the Fiats were threatened to within an inch of their lives not to swap paint. In fact, if two cars had touched in the assembly area by mistake, licences would have been lost!!
Yeah the Stryker races were great, pity they are on circuit at the same time as the Globals though, it's hard to commentate on both.....or maybe I'm just no good!!
Yeah Jonathan Fildes was great in Libres. Fastest lap, two spins and a pitstop and he still finished on the podium!!!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 11:59 (Ref:1644842)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Historics grid was rather small compared to what they can dig out the shed.

Strykers/Globals, good racing and having them mixed certainly spiced it up.

Libre, sorry, can't see the point unless they can fill the grid.

One word.... Vees!!!!! Get a whole grid of 'em and let's have some real racing.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1644925)   #5
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Did you SEE the first Historic race? Closest finish I've seen in ages, fantastic last lap with the Elan and Tiger!! Yeah, the grid was a little bit sparse I suppose but at least they weren't strung out too much. Great battle with the BGTV8 pair of Pamela Cochrane and Maurice Cassidy too! Wait till I dust off my Fiat 127..................

Same as that with the Libres.....fantastic racing but they could do with a few more out. Great race from Jonathan Fildes.......Did you know he only won the dead heat for third because his transponder was on the nose of the car and Bob Copeland had his in his pocket!!!!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1644926)   #6
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
Did you SEE the first Historic race?
From the top of the PDC!
Quote:
Wait till I dust off my Fiat 127.
Careful, it's a Fiat, some of that dust could be the rusty bodywork
Quote:
Did you know he only won the dead heat for third because his transponder was on the nose of the car and Bob Copeland had his in his pocket!!!!
lol, sounds like an urban-legend, like the one that the Supercars were nearly clipping the pitlane because the armco could bounce the transponder signal....
Old 30 Jun 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1644929)   #7
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Top of the PDC?? Nice spot to watch all right!!
No rust on my 127 pal!!! (Thankfully)
Yeah, kinda thought that bout the transponder, although when we interviewed Bob afterwards, he still had the transponder in the pocket!!
Never heard the Supercar theory, sounds odd...............
Old 30 Jun 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1644931)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Top of the PDC?? Nice spot to watch all right!!
One of the perks of being on the rescue unit!
Quote:
Never heard the Supercar theory, sounds odd.
It sounds JUST mad enough that the supercar boys would try it!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1645019)   #9
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really enjoyed the Fiats and the Stryker/Global races - although the first lap of both got a little hairy where I was!! The only one I didn't enjoy was the FF1600... Especially the second, where nothing happened.
Old 30 Jun 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1645077)   #10
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Maybe the Fiats were on good behaviour because they have to do it all again on Sunday!! Anyone know what else is out this weekend?
Old 30 Jun 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1645214)   #11
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Fiats... good behaviour...
How can you keep a straight face and type those words in the same sentence!!!!!

Oh, and see you on Sunday, I'm out on the banks!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 20:30 (Ref:1645219)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
Really enjoyed the Fiats and the Stryker/Global races - although the first lap of both got a little hairy where I was!! The only one I didn't enjoy was the FF1600... Especially the second, where nothing happened.
Yeah you were looking a little jumpy when those Strykers decided to...well...invade your personal space! We gave you a round of applause and a 7/10 for not jumping off the bank though!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1645223)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Maybe the Fiats were on good behaviour because they have to do it all again on Sunday!! Anyone know what else is out this weekend?
Cars?

Hoi, how about a plug for Tenths this weekend if yer in the commentary box!
Old 30 Jun 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1645402)   #14
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Yeah you were looking a little jumpy when those Strykers decided to...well...invade your personal space! We gave you a round of applause and a 7/10 for not jumping off the bank though!
It was the closest that I've ever come to actually jumping off! I was a little tempted to fly the white flag in surrender!

Seriously though, it was a great meeting - Seems that there's some uncertaintly over it happening again, but if it does, I'll be back!

By the way, Mumsy was a little surpised that there was nothing in the program about Marshalling or who to contact to get involved, or that there was no announcment on the tannoy (although she could be mistaken). Might be an idea in trying to get a few more members of the orange army out there?
Old 3 Jul 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1647060)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
By the way, Mumsy was a little surpised that there was nothing in the program about Marshalling or who to contact to get involved, or that there was no announcment on the tannoy (although she could be mistaken). Might be an idea in trying to get a few more members of the orange army out there?
Matt and Leo are usually pretty good about plugging the marshals - I'd be surprised if they hadn't done so at some point over the weekend. The programs are an entirely different story. A couple of years ago, we had ads in every programme. I'm not sure why that stopped.
Old 5 Jul 2006, 15:55 (Ref:1648970)   #16
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Steady on, you'll get me in trouble with 'er indoors. "Plugging marshalls" indeed

Yeah, I always try to get the oul mention in for the mrmci.com site and have even begun "plugging" (ahem) this site too.
Missed last weekend though. I was doing a bit of work for charity but I don't like to talk about it