Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 May 2000, 16:46 (Ref:2670)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Ford have announced they are considering pulling out of the Australian V8 supercar series if things are not evened up this year..
do you think this is an idle threat to help their cause or are they serious???
im not sure what to think really but the holdens have been pegged back a little bit and in Howard marsdens (ford motorsport boss) own words he wants to see the ford teams try that bit harder..now while I agree with them that the holden undertray should stay as it is now (100 mm cut off last weekend) and for some reason they are allowed to put it back on for Bathurst i believe they should just get on and do a better job and they are getting closer each meeting allthough their not quite there yet.

putting the undertray back on the holdens for bathurst is ridiculous and simply not fair for the ford guys (this coming from a holden fan) but it had penilised all holden teams including privateers and we all know its one team they want to stop HRT.

will they pull out ???i dont know and i definately hope not but making statements like this is silly and unfortunately i think its going to end in tears for someone ...but who???
Old 25 May 2000, 17:54 (Ref:2671)   #2
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>i think its going to end in tears for someone ...but who???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same people as always these days. The Fans
Old 25 May 2000, 20:53 (Ref:2672)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should call their bluff. If they're not up to the job of building a winning car, they shouldn't be in the game. A series always starts going downhill when the manufacturers are allowed to dictate to the organisers - anyone remember Alfa & BTCC...?
Old 25 May 2000, 22:18 (Ref:2673)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im a diehard ford fan, but i would love ford to pull out, just to to see them stick it fair up Tony Cochranes arse.

It goes a lot further than just the fords are slower on the track. Heaps of politics in there, a blind person could see that there are problems. They have threatened to pull out before, but it seems as though ford has been stuffed around just a little too much. If ford pull out, there would be no reason for holden to stay, then Tony's wonderful street circuits and races overseas would die, and i would be sitting here laughing my head off....
Old 26 May 2000, 01:08 (Ref:2674)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fatbloke wrote:

&gt;A series always starts going downhill when &gt;the manufacturers are allowed to dictate to &gt;the organisers - anyone remember Alfa & &gt;BTCC...?
&gt;
Ditto for all the FWD ST teams ganging up on Audi back in '97?

OTOH, I guess pushing the organizer around and racing goes hand in hand and should be expected?