Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1242906)   #1
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Future of International FIA-sactioned events in Australia threated...

Just saw on Netowork 10's F1 coverage that the FIA aren't happy about the court ruling Paul Stoddart received in his favour yesterday, and is threatening the future of ALL international FIA-sactioned events in Australia.

I'm trying to find a link to the press release on the FIA website or elsewhere. As soon as I find one I'll post it...

Last edited by Nicholosophy; 5 Mar 2005 at 04:47.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:49 (Ref:1242911)   #2
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As did i, very scary thoughts.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:53 (Ref:1242915)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't happen.

There'll be an Australian GP tomorrow, next year, 2007, 2008 and beyond.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:53 (Ref:1242916)   #4
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's on Autosport: http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=42268&s=5
Quote:
"Apparently the judge thought it right to interfere with the running of a major sporting event, over-rule the duly appointed international officials and compel the governing body to allow cars to participate in breach of the international regulations, all this without first hearing both sides of the case.

"If Australian laws and procedures do indeed allow a judge to act in this way, it will be for the World Motorsport Council to decide if a World Championship motorsport event of any kind can ever again be held in Australia."
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:54 (Ref:1242918)   #5
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was the quote made by???
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:55 (Ref:1242919)   #6
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Fia
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:56 (Ref:1242921)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the sort of crap that really makes me loathe modern-F1.

Who cares. It's time the FIA and everyone associated with F1 just forgets about off-track rubbish like this, and get on with the racing.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:59 (Ref:1242922)   #8
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkh
Fia
Was there a name put too it?
Old 5 Mar 2005, 04:59 (Ref:1242923)   #9
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anything can happen. If the FIA view this as a breach of their 'ultimate' power in controlling international sporting events within Australia, they may take the view it is safer to not hold events here anymore.

Say for example a team in an FIA-sactioned event (Rally, F1, Champ Cars (?), etc) is presented for scruitineering and is deemed inelligible as it does not conform to satefy rules. The team goes to court and the court grants an injunction allowing the cars to race. The cars get on the track (or section) and half way through crash, killing the driver and two spectators/marshalls. Who will get the blame in the end?

We could say the courts as they granted the injunction, but it will look bad on the FIA, affect their and the events insurance premiums, and shows the FIA as being unable to control the sport they control (makes sense doesn't it!).

Whilst I don't think it will happen, I can see why the FIA are mightily angry. As Cromley said, if Paul Stoddart had just bolted the 2005-spec items onto the car, we wouldn't be in this position.

Perhaps this has been seen as a chance for the FIA to undermind Paul's "popularity" (I don't know if that is the right word) and to show that he's the one putting the sport at risk, not them.

I leave it for my fellow ten-tenthers to make judgement and comment.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:00 (Ref:1242924)   #10
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbond
Was there a name put too it?
I'm still waiting for the Press Release to come up on FIA.com.... Quick folks they are...

Edit: Found some more info here http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14368.html - nothing on FIA still

Last edited by Nicholosophy; 5 Mar 2005 at 05:01.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:00 (Ref:1242925)   #11
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
When you hear this sort of rubbish from those idoits in the FIA in Paris, It really makes you hope and pray that Bob Jane is successful in his action aginst CAMS, who is the FIA sanctioned body in Australia
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:02 (Ref:1242926)   #12
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
F1 is not above the law, and proper judicial process, as much as some would like to think it is. I wrote my thread while this one was being put up moderators, so feel free to combine them if you wish.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:03 (Ref:1242927)   #13
ysofast
Racer

ysofast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like alot of noise to me. What are the cig avert laws like in Australia? That is more likely to tell you if future events are secure.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:08 (Ref:1242932)   #14
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
But FIA can choose not to host races in a country where the law makes it impossible for them to control the sport. What if some Prince in Bahrain desided that he should compete in an F1 race and the local court agreed to that? or if some Australian court agrees that a local team boss should be allowed to race his cars... hmm.. oh.. (!)
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:09 (Ref:1242933)   #15
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian International Motorsport in jeopardy

Thanks Paul Stoddart. All because you spent to much time complaining and not getting on with the job.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:11 (Ref:1242937)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ciggie advertising is only allowed at interenational events such as Melbourne F1, Indy and Rally Australia. That is it.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:12 (Ref:1242939)   #17
Rossi # 46
Racer

sorry, didnt realise this was being discussed in another thread.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:14 (Ref:1242941)   #18
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
No sport even F1 is above the laws of the land in which they race. If you think the Supreme Court made there desicion based on the nationality of the owner of the team then your are nothing but plain wrong.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:14 (Ref:1242942)   #19
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia has a westminister legal system are the FIA going to stop races in countrys that also have the same legal system because the decision last night can be used as a precedent.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:16 (Ref:1242943)   #20
Rossi # 46
Racer

What really makes me angry is the fact that Paul has made a huge deal out of this only to then spend the night working on the car to enable it to conform to the new rules.

Why leave it so late? Why didnt he just have these cars ready months ago. To much complaining when he should have just focused his attention on the job.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:16 (Ref:1242944)   #21
ysofast
Racer

ysofast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cancer stick ads were recently banned in Canada and we nearly lost our race. Hope you guys can ride it out if that happens. Off topic ohoh .... is that smoke I smell? My hard drive just burst into flames----------------
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:17 (Ref:1242946)   #22
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's just Max having a sook that he isn't the most powerful being on earth & a way at getting back at Stoddy by making him look like a villan.

Last edited by MRJUCY; 5 Mar 2005 at 05:22.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:19 (Ref:1242948)   #23
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbond
No sport even F1 is above the laws of the land in which they race. If you think the Supreme Court made there desicion based on the nationality of the owner of the team then your are nothing but plain wrong.
I never said that, I just said that if the law in the country makes it impossible to control the sport then the FIA has all right to take their business elsewhere.

wow you're touchy
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:24 (Ref:1242950)   #24
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkh
I never said that, I just said that if the law in the country makes it impossible to control the sport then the FIA has all right to take their business elsewhere.

wow you're touchy
I totally agree. And it wouldnt be the first time Bernie and his men have done so.
Old 5 Mar 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1242958)   #25
Ross Cadell
Racer

Ross Cadell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkh
But FIA can choose not to host races in a country where the law makes it impossible for them to control the sport. What if some Prince in Bahrain desided that he should compete in an F1 race and the local court agreed to that? or if some Australian court agrees that a local team boss should be allowed to race his cars... hmm.. oh.. (!)
You may find that most judicial democracies, even in your own country anyone can apply for injunctive relief in any situation where

a. You can establish a prima facie case that you have an arguable case in law.
b. The act that you are seeking injunctive relief from would fundamentally prejudice your position and casue harm if it were allowed to proceed. and;
c. The court is satisfied by your ability to meet and your undertakings to the court to compensate the party you're are seeking the injunction if at a later date and hearing of the facts the court rules against you.

It doesn't matter if it is inclusion in an F1 race or stopping mumma slapping your bum. if you can tick those boxes it does not need a responents input and can be granted.

I feel the judge was correct in granting the injunction and also asking to hear from the respondents today on whether to continue the injunction.

Basically Stoddy would have had to satisfy the courts that he undertook all liability from exercising the injunctions. There was no question the car was unsafe, merely non compliant with FIA's position concerning 2005 eligibility.

Given this law is based on the english system I wonder if british championship events will also be included????

It is just another example of FIA thinking they are bigger than god.

Last edited by Ross Cadell; 5 Mar 2005 at 05:32.