Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 12 Jun 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1632925)   #26
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Shawn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An updated entry list and a provisional timetable can be found here

I shall be there too. Because I spend so much time doing the website I have told the wife I am taking her away for the weekend. Little does she know...

Should be used to it though. Last year went we went away she ended up having to shove a pole up a pigs ars...so that's another story
Old 13 Jun 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1633212)   #27
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still lots of people missing off the list, come on guys get your entries in, it should be a great weekend!
Old 13 Jun 2006, 08:26 (Ref:1633215)   #28
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On the plus side....Combe is always a scorcher in June too! Always was for the F3/GT meeting

(ok, nearly always was, but that will have jinxxed it now...!)
Old 13 Jun 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1633453)   #29
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Bit expensive and too long a weekend for me Chezza, I'm off to The Rock sorry, see you at Brands though:-)
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1634546)   #30
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ER, Whats DTRC???
I supose I'll find out sooner or later!!

Oh, I'm not quite sure it's clear, but the rebate is grid size related.
Feel free to buy Doghnuts for the Marshals with the rebate!!!
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1634562)   #31
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Dunlop, Track, n' Race, Car

I not sure who started calling it DTRC, but never the less it sounds quite catchy.

Have a look at www.rodbirley.com and you will soon get the idea. But don't get too familier with the names because NOT MANY OF THE REGULARS SEEM TO BE GOING AT THE MOMENT.

Last edited by Shawn; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:35.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:38 (Ref:1634569)   #32
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah right, Obvious!
Not Coming to Combe, Are they mad!
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1634576)   #33
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DTRC just saves us typing out Dunlop Track and Race Car every time, but yes it is quite catchy!

Its a great championship for all sorts of saloons, huge variety of cars. Good, close, clean racing!

No not to many of the regulars on the list. Come on guys come out to play!

Last edited by chezza; 14 Jun 2006 at 19:46.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:43 (Ref:1634579)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I think also the rebate talked about was an end of season inhouse championship thing nothing to do with Combe but I am sure the lads would welcome any extra contributions :-)
Old 14 Jun 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1634592)   #35
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Out of interest for whether I go there next month or not, does Combe provide their own scroots or are they individual club scrutineers?
Old 14 Jun 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1634640)   #36
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combe generally use a regular group of scrutes, with a few interlopers as required.
However, I believe the Dunlop event is to be manned by BARC scrutes, but will be chiefed by Dave Edwards who heads most of the CCRC events.

Noise will be done by the regular peeps - so please fit & pack your silencers before you come.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 13:47 (Ref:1635048)   #37
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I forgot, the meeting I may go to is organised by Combe so it will be their scroots. I'm having second thoughts now and then there is the noise problem as well.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 13:58 (Ref:1635059)   #38
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I forgot, the meeting I may go to is organised by Combe so it will be their scroots. I'm having second thoughts now and then there is the noise problem as well.
I was really hoping for a big grid but does not look like we'll get it without the help of some of the combe saloon boy's taking part and that's a shame

Even the radical entry list is looking rather poor so much for being a GREAT package and we've got to endure two 40 minute races with a small grid....think it will be a case if check it out saturday and if it looks ****e i'll go elsewhere sunday
Old 15 Jun 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1635118)   #39
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
21 entries isnt too bad is it? One thing that puts people off is the fact that it's a two day meeting and the second race is quite late on the Sunday. That's a lot of hanging around to do.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1635176)   #40
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We did try to get the second race moved earlier, but guess what the answer was!!! This has put at least four drivers off going.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 17:21 (Ref:1635255)   #41
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Hmmms. All these excuses! Some of us will be there til the bitter end of the meeting, thats 3 more not particularly short races and then have to drive back home, also its not really all that far away!

This is the only "away" meeting we have...come out to play!

Last edited by chezza; 15 Jun 2006 at 17:28.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1635301)   #42
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=Rod Birley]If we go back to Combe it will be with their club rather than BARC HQ. As Graham mentioned we are offering a rebate scheme, which could amount to £150 for drivers who regularly support our races.

[It still looks like a £500 weekend what ever you get back, seams a bit too expensive. D'oh ]
Old 15 Jun 2006, 18:53 (Ref:1635364)   #43
Shawn
Racer

England
East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Hmmms. All these excuses! Some of us will be there til the bitter end of the meeting, thats 3 more not particularly short races and then have to drive back home, also its not really all that far away!

This is the only "away" meeting we have...come out to play!

I totally agree with you.
It could be worse.....
Last year we were in France, and look what fun that turned out to be.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1635379)   #44
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
I totally agree with you.
It could be worse.....
Last year we were in France, and look what fun that turned out to be.
Exactly, and as a one off away its not THAT expensive, and i doubt any of you have further to travel to get ther than i do.

personally i think its a poor show for competitors in a championship that have benifited for several years now from cheap entries, good grids and great racing to turn their noises up at one event because its seems a bit dear, especially after a rebate has been put in place to reduce the effective cost of the entry fee. shame on all you concerned

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!
Old 15 Jun 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1635386)   #45
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't think Combe will appreciate turning your noises up Graham

Tickets have arrived already! Ginettas are very thin on the ground.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1635390)   #46
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think you may find other factors are involved here. I have read on here some cars will not be ready (Eric is broken) also this time of year with holidays etc you are always going to be up against it hey as someone else said 21 starters is not that terrible these days surely and still time for more.

PS Ginnettas are always thin on the ground on the final instructions but they seem to come out of the wood work at the circuit or at least thats how it was at snet with about 4 entered at first. They may be operating some sort of different system?

Last edited by Al Weyman; 15 Jun 2006 at 19:19.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1635405)   #47
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

When will people stop moaning about Combe and noise, it's like saying all Italian cars rust - complete hogwash.

Well over 95% of cars run with no problems - that is a fact.
Mostly the ones that do have issues have either silencers that are inadequate or simply empty.

I won't go on about the number of times the testers get told - 'but we don't rev it that high normally' - 75% of 7500 is 4000 according to some.
Or the cars that have 'never' had a problem before, but have fitting holes for the extras that magically appear.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
[Mod] I know I'm late but I thought if you really wanted this to be a rant we could help [/MOD]Peter Mallett.

Silencers wear out - tap them with a spanner both ends and if they go 'ting', open it up and have a look at whats left.

Don't forget, we go because we like to see lots of cars, chucking them out is not what gives pleasure.

So, please get your entries in and give us something less homogenous to watch.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 26 Jun 2006 at 20:18.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1635443)   #48
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the things that kicks people out at Combe is the "drive by" noise test.

Cars that pass the static test fail the drive by, because the static tests the exhaust noise, not the overall car noise level, and intake noise on some cars is more than the row out of the chimney - so packing silencers may not be the solution, and the blue book does not dictate rules relating to intake silencing - only exhaust.

And I haven't seen a circuit which adheres to the MSA noise test rules properly with the clear area to carry out the test, so to avoid reflected sound.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1635480)   #49
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul V
[rant mode]
When will people stop moaning about Combe and noise, it's like saying all Italian cars rust - complete hogwash.

Well over 95% of cars run with no problems - that is a fact.
Mostly the ones that do have issues have either silencers that are inadequate or simply empty.

I won't go on about the number of times the testers get told - 'but we don't rev it that high normally' - 75% of 7500 is 4000 according to some.
Or the cars that have 'never' had a problem before, but have fitting holes for the extras that magically appear.

[/rant mode]

Silencers wear out - tap them with a spanner both ends and if they go 'ting', open it up and have a look at whats left.

Don't forget, we go because we like to see lots of cars, chucking them out is not what gives pleasure.

So, please get your entries in and give us something less homogenous to watch.
Scuse me, that isn't a moan, it is a fact of life. Combe have to be **** hot on noise and it is a worry as to whether my car would pass.
It can be between 94 and 106 db depending who tests it (some of our series cars went up to 114db at Snet a while back and yet the same cars are below the MSA limit at other tracks).
I don't fancy shelling out £190 on the off chance that Combe's noise meters read the same as at other tracks.
BTW, I am not part of the DTRC series, I don't have a roof on my car.
Old 15 Jun 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1635509)   #50
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Noise? Its just as bad at Brands, did a track day there earlier in the year no problem, then a DTRC on the GP no problem, then the other week a CTRCC and me and another Camaro have to strap on Supertrapps or go home! Neither of our cars are noisy on a drive by so it just makes no sense to me. I have just branched my single exhause into two and fitted a second matching Joe Ellis 3" silencer I had lying around down the shed and am hoping this will do the trick but who knows,if not at least I will be able to strap on twin Supertrapps, (always carry them with me and others may be advisable to make the investment) and the power robbing effects should not be as bad.

A good inlet filter should cut down intake roar and is no bad thing anyhow, I see several cars including a certain big old (quick) Jag running without filters and I think that is folly.