Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2011, 15:38 (Ref:2950314)   #151
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Totally agree, though I don't think that it will happen.
I don't think it's on the cards either Bon...
Old 7 Sep 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2952115)   #152
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to HERE, Genii has signed on four new partners for the team..

Including... surprisingly... Embratel...

I dont think Mr Senna can continue to claim that the branding on the car is the same today as it was when Mr Heidfeld was in the seat...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Sep 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2952165)   #153
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
There's definitely something in a name.
Old 7 Sep 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2952175)   #154
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
embratel have been a supporter of bruno for a long time. and the fact i can make that statement just proves that their investment is worthwhile...

why on earth is it that people find it so unbearable for drivers to bring their own money to f1 teams? the commercial dynamic in f1 has changed, and now it's time for their managers to actually earn their 10% and drum up some sponsorship support. the more established drivers who came to f1 when team sponsorship was more important should be able to benefit more from their high public profiles and reputations. so why is it people still think f1 should be different from the rest of motorsport and the emphasis be on teams to find money, not drivers as well? schumacher is allowed a personal sponsor but bruno senna isn't?

/rant

(oh and for the record, they were right, he didn't bring any money with him for the 2 races he was due to drive. having the seat confirmed for the rest of the season has brought in his personal sponsors. so there )
Old 7 Sep 2011, 14:33 (Ref:2952241)   #155
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
According to HERE, Genii has signed on four new partners for the team..

Including... surprisingly... Embratel...

I dont think Mr Senna can continue to claim that the branding on the car is the same today as it was when Mr Heidfeld was in the seat...
Uhn... let me see...

OGX is part of brazilian EBX corporation.

Gillete are big players in Brazil, also sponsoring the Seleção (football national squad) until 2014 World Cup.

Good for everyone I believe... but not for Heidfeld.
Old 8 Sep 2011, 02:32 (Ref:2952493)   #156
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
embratel have been a supporter of bruno for a long time. and the fact i can make that statement just proves that their investment is worthwhile...

why on earth is it that people find it so unbearable for drivers to bring their own money to f1 teams? the commercial dynamic in f1 has changed, and now it's time for their managers to actually earn their 10% and drum up some sponsorship support. the more established drivers who came to f1 when team sponsorship was more important should be able to benefit more from their high public profiles and reputations. so why is it people still think f1 should be different from the rest of motorsport and the emphasis be on teams to find money, not drivers as well? schumacher is allowed a personal sponsor but bruno senna isn't?

/rant

(oh and for the record, they were right, he didn't bring any money with him for the 2 races he was due to drive. having the seat confirmed for the rest of the season has brought in his personal sponsors. so there )
Its a good thing that a driver can take advantage of his connections to bring sponsors to a team... but for said driver to stand up and tell everyone that this isnt happening, and then somehow a few weekends later these brands the driver has connections with all somehow appear on the car.. well someone isnt playing with a straight bat...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2952494)   #157
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
We can rely on one thing in life..

Thing's change..
Old 8 Sep 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2952495)   #158
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
We can rely on one thing in life..

Thing's change..
True enough...

Hopefully the new budget can be used to make the team's former owner disappear, and a team name change effected for 2012... and maybe a competitive showing or two on track...
Old 8 Sep 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2952498)   #159
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully the new budget can be used to make the team's former owner disappear, and a team name change effected for 2012
But where will Webber go then?
Old 8 Sep 2011, 03:44 (Ref:2952502)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
But where will Webber go then?
Oh yeah... I guess Ferrari will just have to do
Old 8 Sep 2011, 12:22 (Ref:2952673)   #161
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Its a good thing that a driver can take advantage of his connections to bring sponsors to a team... but for said driver to stand up and tell everyone that this isnt happening, and then somehow a few weekends later these brands the driver has connections with all somehow appear on the car.. well someone isnt playing with a straight bat...
Not at all. At the time Bruno said what he did he was in discussions with the sponsors for 2012, which is something entirely different. It was only following his unexpectedly good qualifying performance in Spa and the lift that it gave to the team that the deals were brought forward to include the remainder of this season. He is a very honest and responsible young man who certainly knows how to conduct himself properly.