Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Jun 2007, 16:27 (Ref:1949847)   #26
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
King Arthur
Quote:
It was not "they" who called it off but I the CoC. I was under no pressure from either the Competitors or the Organisers - . I had to make a judgemental call based upon what I thought was correct as an MSA appointed Clerk. It is only the MSA who can take my licence away.

As has been stated in many posts / articles I have a legal duty of care (could end up in court) to the Drivers, Marshals and Spectators. AND I AM AN UNPAID VOLUNTEER
All I can say is "Be damned if you do and be damned if you don't"
Scenario 1
Why have you cancelled my final and I have paid all that money to race, I could drive in those conditions, whinge, whinge whine, whine!
Scenario 2
I have crashed my car and broken my arm and it's all down to you for not cancelling the final any idiot can see it was too dangerous to race in those conditions whinge, whinge whine, whine!
As a fellow Clerk of the Course, I know you cannot win whatever decision you make so let all the experts have their say and just stand by what you do, having seen the footage of cars at Chessons and the absolute Quagmire that they were trying to get through and problems with vision after going through that i think you made a very good decision, before some one did get hurt.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1949903)   #27
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
chessons was the only section of the track which was unsafe (and i do agree, although i would have gone out) why could we not have gone around the outside on the tarmac and only used 1 gravel section.

please tell me if this was not an option (proberly some by-law) as its bugged me ever since the meeting. I, like the rest of you paid good money to race and want as much track time as possible.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1949957)   #28
Steve Gibson
Racer

You can't change the track half way through an event.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 19:17 (Ref:1949961)   #29
Rotweiler
Rookie

United Kingdom
The kennel
Rotweiler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
That would seem a reasonable approach - there was some discussion on the grid before the Supermodified final (maybe rotweiler can enlighten us as to what was said?).

The drivers were allowed to give their opinion on wether or not to re-start their race, the A final.
Some drivers wanted to re-start and some thought that it was unsafe. Then the CoC did a track inspection and the decision was made.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1949996)   #30
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
mel tyres should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Winnie Youve said your bit pls drop it now we all know your own feelings on the tyre situation. Come and see me nxt event and well talk about it !!!!!!!!
Old 29 Jun 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1950016)   #31
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
beer at yours tommorowthen mel
Old 30 Jun 2007, 06:44 (Ref:1950228)   #32
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the end of the day the tyre decission has been made for the championship,if people dont like it then its tuff luck,they will just have to get use to it.See you all at pembrey.

BB....
Old 30 Jun 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1950312)   #33
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Calm down Mel!!!

Can you confirm that the Khumo tyres that the drivers were forced to use at Lydden in the rain and mud were better or equal to any other competition tyre avaliable from another manufacturer for use in these conditions. The answer is NO.

Can you confirm that Khumo make a tyre that would be better suited to the conditions at Lydden. The answer is proberbly YES.

Why were the tyres not allowed to be cut to suit the conditions.

Now tell me that the Khumo deal is good for Rallycross.

Khumo do make good quality rallycross tyres, but they are not being made avaliable for the BRC, why.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1950321)   #34
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i second mel's comment to winnie if you want your comments to be a personal attack at me and my driving come and have a word with me in person !!

Its strange your oppinion of my driving is a little different to others, im sitting here looking at a trophy which was awarded to me last season by the BRDA which has written on it ' exceptional performance ' not 'dangerous driver'. This is a forum were people state there views on ' rallying and rallycross ' lets please keep it that way
Old 30 Jun 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1950863)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No you understand why the sport is in such a silly state of affairs when decisions lik this are left to people with no clue!

It seems rallycros is governed on both sides by people who would rather get tv coverage than have a decent package.

Silly idea to bring new tyres in, they ahve been bitten by it now, and you only have to lok at the reaction here to realise how hard it is ever gonna be for rallycross to drag itself up from the lower levels of UK motorsport.

Very sad, when you consider the commitment and investment by many people in the sports cars and infrastructure.
Old 30 Jun 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1950874)   #36
Steve Gibson
Racer

chunder
Quote:
No you understand why the sport is in such a silly state of affairs when decisions lik this are left to people with no clue!

It seems rallycros is governed on both sides by people who would rather get tv coverage than have a decent package.

Silly idea to bring new tyres in, they ahve been bitten by it now, and you only have to lok at the reaction here to realise how hard it is ever gonna be for rallycross to drag itself up from the lower levels of UK motorsport.

Very sad, when you consider the commitment and investment by many people in the sports cars and infrastructure.
Rant On
So you can do better?
Get off your a@se put your money where your mouth is and show us how it should be done.
I doubt that you know how much work goes into putting an event on never mind organising a championship, with the amount of people who only want to kick event organisors what ever they do it's a wonder any one can be bothered to organise rallycross.
Just now there are more cars, better cars and European drivers coming to race over here and all you can do is whine on about the bad points, of which there are some, try being positive for once and "talk up rallycross" not "talk it down"
Rant over
Old 1 Jul 2007, 09:46 (Ref:1951028)   #37
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Steve, i always know I can rely on you to reply to my messages.

Its self protective people like you that just make me feel sorry for the drivers and teams.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 11:23 (Ref:1951112)   #38
Steve Gibson
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Thanks Steve, i always know I can rely on you to reply to my messages.

Its self protective people like you that just make me feel sorry for the drivers and teams.
Me self protective! never I have no financial interest in rallycross except I spend hundreds of pounds a year travelling to events. I help run events for both the BRXC and ROC so I cannot be held responsible for the my camp/your camp whinging ask any one who knows me, and you will know that what you have just quoted is utter rubbish.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1951468)   #39
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The permit for the meeting is only for the rallycross track you would need a "new" permit to change the layout.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1954975)   #40
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mel, can you comment on reports that drivers are not happy with the Khumo tyres as they do not last more than a meeting at best, where as Avons and the old Yoko's last considerably longer.

I would have thought Khumo should be selling tyres at subcidised prices, say £50 each.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1955150)   #41
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its one thing if they don't have as much grip as avons because everyone is in the same boat and I have noticed this year that there is more sideways from the supercars and for me can only be a good thing.

But I Have to say I wouldn't be best pleased with a set of tyres only lasting one meeting. Are the supermodifieds having the same tyre ware issues or is it only supercars ?
Old 5 Jul 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1955527)   #42
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
Winnie you cant buy road tyres for £50-00 so you got no hope of competition tyres for that price You have got a big problem at the moment and i will not get dragged into a slanging match with you ESPECIALLY as you hide behind that wee little name.
Old 5 Jul 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1955640)   #43
bestrep
Rookie

bestrep has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney

But I Have to say I wouldn't be best pleased with a set of tyres only lasting one meeting. Are the supermodifieds having the same tyre ware issues or is it only supercars ?
Next year the stockhatch drivers will have the same problems as higher divisions when they move to KUMHO but they dont matter as the important people have already been consulted.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 07:42 (Ref:1955817)   #44
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrep

Next year the stockhatch drivers will have the same problems as higher divisions when they move to KUMHO but they dont matter as the important people have already been consulted.
We won't have a problem at all.
1. We used to race on standard road tyres, not road legal track day tyres as we do now. Any track day tyre is an improvement on the old Yoko A580.
2. Some of us already race on two different makes of tyre (ie. yokohama & Silverstone), so we are used to the slightly different handling characteristics.
3. We have had 12 months warning so we are not going to be stuck with a lot of tyres that are no use to us.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 18:47 (Ref:1956472)   #45
bestrep
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie

I would have thought Khumo should be selling tyres at subcidised prices, say £50 each.
So SB i asume you are also aware of discounted (NOT) prices that you will have to pay just like the current users that cant go to Kumho dealers to get normal deals at FAR better prices!!.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 18:54 (Ref:1956479)   #46
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You mean the same as Yoko's at the moment.
Old 6 Jul 2007, 19:11 (Ref:1956492)   #47
bestrep
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
You mean the same as Yoko's at the moment.
Does this (as you know what the score is!) mean that they will match the YOKO price for the duration of the three year contract
Old 6 Jul 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1956512)   #48
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
I am not a member of the inner sanctum, so I don't know what the price will be. Neither do I know if it will be fixed for three years. I also don't know what the price of a Yoko will be in three years.
What I do know is. The Khumho tyre for the stockhatch's will have to be at a competitive price compared to the Silverstone (which is actually £10 dearer than the Yoko)
Old 6 Jul 2007, 21:02 (Ref:1956551)   #49
bestrep
Rookie

But the silverstone is (almost) buy one get one free and they last they are not GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS unlike some tyres!!
Old 6 Jul 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1956584)   #50
mel tyres
Racer

Wales
gods country Wales
bestrep you think you know it all about tyres Please tell me what tyres kumho are going to use for the stock hatch next year as i dont know myself but then im always tthe last to find out ! Also the yoko Ao48 is a road legal tyre and those little minis on their 10" tyres well their braver than me.

[mod]attack the post, not the poster[/mod]

Last edited by silver bullet; 7 Jul 2007 at 08:56.