Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 3 Sep 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3764109)   #26
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvincent View Post
Lotus Team was DQ'd, not classified and sent to the back of the pack for race #2. Panoz wins.
That is a bummer.

Great race by Rodrigo Baptista today. It looked like the Ginettas were faster. If they hadn't been racing each other so hard, I think they would have been able to get by the Lizard Porsche.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3764215)   #27
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today's SprintX Round 10 results:

http://tsl-timing.com/file/?f=PWC/2017/173506rc2pwx.pdf
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3764402)   #28
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Results cite TR 2.2.3, which is a ride height infringement. http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=PW...3506rc1pw4.pdf
Thanks.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3764593)   #29
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
SCOOP! Race team angry about penalty that they don't think they deserved.
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...nalty-protest/
Clearly this is huge news that warrants a big article.
Since when has any team (in any series) agreed with a penalty call against them?
Apparently, in addition to feeling that their penalty was unjust, Short also feels that the post race penalty against the #3 Cadillac was unfair.
Quote:
“I sat down with them yesterday, and the easiest way to put it is that [Race 1 pole-sitter] Johnny O’Connell who led the field to the green flag is getting a three-grid spot penalty for jumping the start.
“How does the guy jump the start that’s leading the field to the flag? You wave him off, or you green flag him. As soon as you green flag him, you’ve okayed him. He’s supposed to accelerate first and get the advantage on the field.

It is my understanding that the #3 car was cited for balking the start. (Speeding up and then slowing again.) Not for jumping it. IMO most of the confusion further back in the field was caused by that uneven acceleration.
I'm not sure what I think about the penalty against CRP. I think perhaps the call was a bit harsh, but I can say that I'm not particularly impressed with the teams reaction. It's understandable to be angry, but I think that there's probably better ways to voice their frustrations.
I think that I should probably give Mr. Short the benefit of the doubt and assume that most of the quotes came closely following the incident in question and that the tone would probably have been different if more time had passed. I was delighted to see the team rebound with the victory in Race 2. That was a much better note to end the weekend on.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3764651)   #30
StueyB83
Rookie

StueyB83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only saw highlights - but how good was the battle between Sofronas and Pappas in race 3?

Even with the contact (which Sofronas yielded back to Pappas afterwards) it appeared both sporting and intense. Highlight of the race by far.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3764720)   #31
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by StueyB83 View Post
I only saw highlights - but how good was the battle between Sofronas and Pappas in race 3?

Even with the contact (which Sofronas yielded back to Pappas afterwards) it appeared both sporting and intense. Highlight of the race by far.
Agreed. As good as the rest of the racing in Sunday's race was, that was definitely the best battle of the weekend.