Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:45 (Ref:2092177)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Taupo thread

Does anyone have a timetable for the Lake Taupo event?

We've been told to get to the circuit around 6.30am to avoid the crowds (as marshals) but, as we are going to still be feeling the jet lag we'd like to know that the days won't be TOO long.........(although there will be BBQ breakfast - but what tea? I'm fussy!)........we can cope with early finishes (anyone doubting should read various posts about late finishes at UK circuits).

This is the sort of thing you start thinking about when you really start the logistics of sorting out your trip abroad.

Can't wait!!!!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 21:56 (Ref:2092284)   #2
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
mitzi dude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that is right. at the track at 06.30. with breakfast provided.and ont the posts at about 07.30. and finish by about 5ish. Ithink. the dinners are normally bbq or your own . last year the motel I stay at the owner cooked or dinners we paid her some money small amount she went shopping and we ate like kings.you can jion us if you want.. I will be at the track tomorrow the 21st. and I'll find out for you..K. Rob........
Old 21 Dec 2007, 02:19 (Ref:2093100)   #3
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am going to taupo...this will be my first GP to attend !...really excited
i will be coming down just for the race !..

just wondering will we get a chance to go in to pits to meet the teams ?
Old 21 Dec 2007, 03:15 (Ref:2093114)   #4
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkfan
i am going to taupo...this will be my first GP to attend !...really excited
i will be coming down just for the race !..

just wondering will we get a chance to go in to pits to meet the teams ?
nkfan where are you coming from?

Last year the you could only get access to the pit area if you had certain tickets for that area, I believe this is to change for the coming meeting and public to have access to support series pits

Last year all A1 pits had very restricted access (almost like F1 only scaled down a bit and no big rigs). Ticketek is saying "Access to the A1GP Paddock is included with all tickets" but I feel this would be what is classed as the pit walk (be sure to go Baah Baah as you heard you through like a flock of sheep)

Track info here

Quote:
“We’ve made it even easier for those fans to attend by simplifying the ticketing process and we’ve reconfigured some seating areas based on customer feedback. Not only will it be cheaper for our spectators, they’ll also enjoy better facilities and enhanced entertainment.”
Quote:
Parking on farm land directly beside Taupo Motorsport Park will now be free, transaction fees have been wiped and a larger Paddock Area dramatically enhanced.
Thanks Taupo for wiping the parking fees (they charged like wounded bulls last year, not sure what the bit in bold means. The paddock area is known as the pits the question is dose the wiping of the transaction fee mean you get access to said paddock area.

http://www.tauporacetrack.co.nz/news_detail.cfm?nid=49

Anyway hope that helps nkfan, if I was you I would check with ticketek just to be on the safe side

Shelagh, not sure about the marshals timetable but here is the Official Race schedule
Old 21 Dec 2007, 19:47 (Ref:2093508)   #5
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the info - now why am I treating this as a "holiday"?????

Despite the early starts, myself and Bill can't wait until our "down under experience" wooowoowoooo.
Old 21 Dec 2007, 20:20 (Ref:2093526)   #6
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Stands for this year are only about6 standa.3on the long straight, 1 down by the dunlop sign and2 looking up the circuit. and stage typeones on the spectater side.towards the old part of the track..so there is a lot of spectater standing room only.. the track is starting to look great.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 02:10 (Ref:2099671)   #7
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The stands still got the seats they had last year that were made for midgets with small bums?.
Put me off returning this year,will sit on me couch in comfort and watch on TV.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 23:33 (Ref:2100375)   #8
Lenzman
Rookie

New Zealand
Taupo. NZ
Lenzman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The atmosphere will be great

The tracks looking good, complete with new corner. The atmosphere will be great. Ya just cant get that when your sat at home.

See ya there

http://www.proracepics.co.nz
Old 7 Jan 2008, 00:22 (Ref:2100957)   #9
mitzi dude
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
The new corner is awesome. been around it at race speed cool. A 2 car side by side corner. so there is room to pass.....
Old 8 Jan 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2101647)   #10
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great publicity stunt today. Auckland airport main runways closed so that Jonny Reid could race (sic) against Air NZ's Boeing 777.

At last, NZ is really waking up to A1GP and Jonny is a great ambasador for the sport - and for NZ.

Inside the belt of his NZ manufactured racesuit is embroidered "Go, Jonny, go!"...
Old 8 Jan 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2101691)   #11
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hats off to A1 team NZL once again. Harbour bridge last year and racing a 777 this year. How on earth will they beat it next year?

NZL has consistently been one of the best (if not the best) franchise in terms of promotion since the beginning of the series.

Even if not everyone is watching it awareness of A1GP must be sky high in NZ by now (pardon the pun). F&P must be thrilled with their sponsorship. Perhaps Air New Zealand should come on board too (pardon the pun again).
Old 8 Jan 2008, 10:51 (Ref:2101733)   #12
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Filum?

You Tube link is where??
Old 9 Jan 2008, 11:40 (Ref:2102502)   #13
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
275 GTB-4 try this
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/video_popup_windows_skin/1537656

If that fails try either
http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_sub_cat...rt_index_group (article Even draw for Boeing and A1)

or this
http://www.tv3.co.nz/Sport/A1GP/tabid/160/Default.aspx
Old 10 Jan 2008, 03:37 (Ref:2103118)   #14
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ooooh yeah im getting excited!
i certainly hope the seats in the stands are better than last year...
im not small, but bu no means the largest... and i needed two seats!
well, 3 if you counted the one in front of me i put my feet on as the row in front was waaaay too close.

should be a damn good weekend

as for pit access. if you buy a grandstand seat, you get a pit pass. which will be support classes only. last year they opened up pitlane after the saturdays racing.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 05:37 (Ref:2103147)   #15
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Shelagh, are you also doing the Eastern Creek event?
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2103386)   #16
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
My connection is NACered
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2103409)   #17
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
My connection is NACered
They are not normally area specific feeds

try going into the main page of each and pull it out of the video files

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/sport_sub_cat...rt_index_group

http://www.tv3.co.nz/
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:27 (Ref:2103412)   #18
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
ohh look there is something up on youtube

Just a just feel but I dont think the person that posted that knows what a A1 car is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMUSymx420w
Old 10 Jan 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2103620)   #19
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZL have picked Hartley for the rookie sessions with Reid to race... GBR have opted for James Winslow and Kerr back to race.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 21:37 (Ref:2103783)   #20
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
In other news John Martin will replace Ian Dyk for Team Australia (actually replacing him for the next 3 rounds and evaluate after SA)

Mods can you replace this thread title to read A1GP Taupo Thread as it has become a little more than the timetable now or shall we just start up a new one?
Old 11 Jan 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2104230)   #21
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman
So Shelagh, are you also doing the Eastern Creek event?
Alas, no. I just didn't have enough holiday to take in two races so we are just sticking to NZ and will have to visit Australia another time.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 13:57 (Ref:2104720)   #22
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A little long between races again huh, what're ya gonna do?

Driver Entry List A1GP Taupo, New Zealand, RD 5: 20 Jan 2008:

AUS: Martin
BRA: Jimenez / Faria Jr
CAN: TBA
CHN: Cheng
CZE: TBA
FRA: Duval
GER: Vietoris
GBR: Kerr / Winslow
IND: Karthikeyan / Sureshwaren
INA: Hermanto
IRL: Carroll
ITA: Piscopo
LEB: TBA
MAL: Yoong / Lim
MEX: Garza
NED: Bleekemolen / Luyendyk
NZL: Reid / Hartley
PAK: Khan
POR: Urbano
RSA: Zaugg / Orr
SUI: Jani / Dillmann
USA: TBA
Old 12 Jan 2008, 22:44 (Ref:2104951)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
GBR have opted for James Winslow and Kerr back to race.
I suppose it makes sense to let Kerr have another race, as he's been there before, but I'm curious to know why they haven't chosen Oliver Turvey as the rookie. It'll be interesting to see how the pair perform.
Old 13 Jan 2008, 02:05 (Ref:2105024)   #24
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a few TBA's considering first practice is six days away and NZ is a long way to get to. Presume a few of the teams are not updating A1GP very regularly.

I wonder what's happened to Toccacelo? Decided to do something else or Italy have decided they need a change? They always seem a happy bunch but not that serious about winning. There are a truckload of Italian drivers who got to GP2 level and must be now sitting around with plenty of spare time, Piscopo is a bit unproven and therefore an odd choice for a replacement.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2106691)   #25
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Reid getting in some early laps on Taupo track

http://www.tv3.co.nz/News/.SportsNew...ult.aspx#video

It that dont work try
http://www.tv3.co.nz/Sport/tabid/73/Default.aspx
and go to A1GP: Reid ready for Taupo & chose your setting