Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2022, 02:48 (Ref:4129107)   #476
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Gasman and de Vries now confirmed.

Sargeant to follow in Austin.
Schuey sticking around or...
Old 8 Oct 2022, 05:48 (Ref:4129124)   #477
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Schuey sticking around or...
He hasnt exactly covered himself in glory this weekend.... he needs to turn things around for the balance of the weekend, and not write any more chassis off in silly circumstances.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 09:20 (Ref:4129162)   #478
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Talk here is that Gasly to Alpine and de Vries to AT might be about done.

Personally I don't really get why AT would want de Vries so badly, but hey ho.

Seems to leave Williams to choose between Sargeant, Schumacher and Ricciardo? Or will Schuey stay at Haas after all?

Well called then so
:TipsMeLid
Old 8 Oct 2022, 11:21 (Ref:4129174)   #479
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ricciardo not just out of McLaren, but out of F1 completely.

https://racingnews365.com/ricciardo-...1-grid-in-2023
Old 8 Oct 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4129175)   #480
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Dani Ric confirms that he won't be racing F1 in 2023. Of course, not a surprise but I hope that we see him back and more to the point, see him back in better form than he and McLaren have produced - such a shame if his F1 career finished on something of a low note - be great to see a few of those special drives he can produce and go out on more of a high.

Edit - snap! Greem beat me to it.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4129178)   #481
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
If true disappointing to see him rejecting staying on the grid for the potential of thinking he'll get a better seat the following year.

Mind you this is the guy who asked his manager to find him a big money deal and then refused to pay him when he did just that, and (somewhat obviously) lost when it went to court. That wasn't the smartest set of moves either.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 13:28 (Ref:4129200)   #482
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
then refused to pay him
Could have been worse, at least his manager wasn't his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Ricciardo not just out of McLaren, but out of F1 completely.
It seemed Ricciardo wasn't interested or didn't have the mindset to drive next year so this decision doesn't come as a surprise. Maybe a test driver role to keep his hand in in case something comes up but I fear this year may be the last for Ricciardo.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4129234)   #483
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Could have been worse, at least his manager wasn't his father.
Out of interest which driver has his father as his manager except maybe Stroll?
Old 8 Oct 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4129256)   #484
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Currently? I don't know.

But at a certain moment in time (and that may be what he is referring to?)
Hamilton?
Button?
Rosberg?
Old 8 Oct 2022, 18:17 (Ref:4129264)   #485
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Currently? I don't know.

But at a certain moment in time (and that may be what he is referring to?)
Hamilton?
Button?
Rosberg?
Hamilton was represented by Mark Hines for a long time. Changed a year or two ago, can't remember the new name. The only driver I can remember Anthony Hamilton representing was di Resta and that also ended badly, and in court.

Button I don't think was represented by his Dad beyond Formula Ford.

Rosberg, I really can't remember.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 21:30 (Ref:4129312)   #486
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton was managed by his father until only a few years ago, but he sacked him causing a lot of acrimony between them.
Old 9 Oct 2022, 00:09 (Ref:4129339)   #487
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Hamilton was managed by his father until only a few years ago, but he sacked him causing a lot of acrimony between them.
Was he though? Or was he was part of the broader team but not actually managing him? Bit like Verstappen.
Old 9 Oct 2022, 03:51 (Ref:4129382)   #488
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Sometimes a driver can sit out a year or so and come back.. hulk Alonso, but I cant see it for Dan

Alonso was 2 x WDC and I think hulk was just in right place at right time. But as much as I like Dan the Man, I think his form over the last 4 years has been on a downward trend and there is a LOT of young hungry (cheaper?) drivers desperate to break in to f1.

maybe some kind of mentor/coaching advisor role.
Or Lemans/Bathurst/Nascar/Indy?
Old 9 Oct 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4129428)   #489
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Hamilton didn't pay his father following their split. Not sure if it was settled out of court amicably like the Ricciardo matter.
Old 9 Oct 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4129435)   #490
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Hamilton didn't pay his father following their split. Not sure if it was settled out of court amicably like the Ricciardo matter.
Amicably! Lol.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 13:19 (Ref:4129709)   #491
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bit late having been away for the weekend, but interesting to see what everyone expected happen with Gasly at Alpine and to a lesser extent de Vries at AT.

I'm not surprised Gasly has made the switch. He was unlikely to up to the main Red Bull team again, so he needed to make a move or his career would continue to stagnate. Be interesting to see how him and Ocon get on due to the history between. Also interesting to see how de Vries gets on in the Red Bull enviroment, will it make or break him?

Sad that Ricciardo has resigned himself to a year on the sidelines. He hasn't completely given up yet, but he is right not to get his hopes up too much. Shame really, he's still my favourite and the past few GPs he has been closer to Norris, so he can still do a good job. But he might not get another chance and it would be a shame after a relatively successful career for it to end like this
Old 13 Oct 2022, 04:37 (Ref:4130079)   #492
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Amicably! Lol.
Quote:
However, Beavis has now confirmed that he and Ricciardo had “reached an amicable settlement over the amounts due”.
https://www.planetf1.com/news/riccia...ormer-manager/

Quote:
In a joint statement, the two said: “Daniel Ricciardo and Glenn Beavis are pleased to confirm that they have reached an amicable settlement over the amounts due to Glenn and thus bringing to an end the proceedings in the High Court in London. Daniel and Glenn wish each other well in their future endeavours.”
https://www.sportingnews.com/au/moto...y1nokwotmxyg0o

Yeah, amicable according to those actually involved.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 06:26 (Ref:4130082)   #493
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Do you believe everything you read?

Amicable people don’t resort to legal process to enforce contractual rights.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 07:16 (Ref:4130092)   #494
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like Ricciardo could end up as a reserve/development driver. I think any team would be lucky to have him in that regard.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4130101)   #495
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It did not say that they were amicable prior to the court proceedings - are you confusing this with being amiable?

The settlement was amicable - something that happens on a regular basis after legal process. It is entirely feasible (in fact common) for two parties to be amicable after a legal process.

nb - prenup? Is that not an amicable legal process?
Old 13 Oct 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4130103)   #496
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It did not say that they were amicable prior to the court proceedings - are you confusing this with being amiable?

The settlement was amicable - something that happens on a regular basis after legal process. It is entirely feasible (in fact common) for two parties to be amicable after a legal process.

nb - prenup? Is that not an amicable legal process?
No, I'm not confusing anything. He didn't want to pay his manager what he owed and, when he finally realised he was going to lose in court, he settled. Meaningless words like amicably are typically used in such situations. If it was really amicable they would never have been in the situation to start with.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4130118)   #497
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

No, that's EXACTLY what most do. Provides you and the other party with a written and more importantly protected and vetted agreement. If they are lawyers involving the court process gets both parties a secured decision. It's literally an EVERYDAY occurrence
Old 14 Oct 2022, 05:07 (Ref:4130183)   #498
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
Quote:
Not from anonymous people on an internet forum, but when it is widely reported from the actual sources it carries weight.

Quote:
Except when the disputed contractual rights need to be lawfully established as they were in this case at which point the matter was settled amicably.

If not using the legal process, how would a disputed legal matter be settled? Swords at dawn?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 06:56 (Ref:4130188)   #499
peebee2
Veteran

It’s quite endearing how people can be so naive.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:44 (Ref:4130201)   #500
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It’s quite endearing how people can be so naive.

And you are being typically passive aggressive!

I should add that you are entitled to your own opinion, but equally so are others that you disagree with.

Last edited by Mike Harte; 14 Oct 2022 at 08:48. Reason: Added second paragraph