Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old Yesterday, 19:11 (Ref:3736001)   #1726
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was at Snett all day, helping a mate test our mount for Silly Classic, and it was crowded due to F3, Brit GT, Mini challenge, Ginetta, VW Cup etc competitors all setting up and / or testing for this w/end.

It made me smile observing the age of most competitors in the F3 and support races- I'd say an average of about 10........

It made me smile when I heard the remarkable Billy Monger say he thought he still had a few years left in him. He only had his 18th birthday recently!
Old Yesterday, 19:31 (Ref:3736007)   #1727
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was at Snett all day, helping a mate test our mount for Silly Classic, and it was crowded due to F3, Brit GT, Mini challenge, Ginetta, VW Cup etc competitors all setting up and / or testing for this w/end.

It made me smile observing the age of most competitors in the F3 and support races- I'd say an average of about 10........
Mike, you may have noticed how young the policemen are nowadays.
Old Yesterday, 20:01 (Ref:3736026)   #1728
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It made me smile when I heard the remarkable Billy Monger say he thought he still had a few years left in him. He only had his 18th birthday recently!
Yes but you could mistake him for much younger than that so he might not get cast onto the scrap heap at 22/23 like many seem to. Sometimes before that.
Old Yesterday, 20:07 (Ref:3736029)   #1729
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike, you may have noticed how young the policemen are nowadays.
Fortunately this does not seem to be problem that is prevalent in the marshals posts - unless I always go to the wrong meetings.

One would hardly desire the inexperience of callow youth to respond in the event of an unplanned on-track incident! (Unless it involved carry a fire extinguisher some distance ....)
Old Today, 17:05 (Ref:3736202)   #1730
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So, is anyone going to a cinema tonight to watch the Bruce McLaren docu / film?

Looks like it is being shown in 'Cinema City', the art house type place in Norwich, but too busy unfortunately...... DVD then!
Watched it last night at our local cinema at what appears to have been a one-off screening along with around 50 other like minded individuals who had hunted it down. To be honest it was a strange mixture of still photos, grainy home movies and as one would expect some very poignant memories from the people close to him including some who have since passed away themselves. Nevertheless I found the documentary totally engrossing following the life of this great driver and engineer. Alistair Caldwell's account of the tragedy at Goodwood was particularly poignant and even though I had heard him retell the event previously it was very emotional moment. Well worth a seeing if you have the opportunity.
Work done for the week now preparing for a weekend viewing at the Masters B/Hatch here I come!